Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing (23438 Views)

Fallacy Or Myths: Charging New Phone Before Use. / What Are Your Popular Smartphone Myths / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by sandland: 7:40am On Mar 07, 2018
The lay man's language for power factor is Lose Factor. This account for the loses in process of power conversation.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Tex42(m): 7:41am On Mar 07, 2018
Proudly guilty of number 5.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by sprints1: 7:42am On Mar 07, 2018
Psoulsport:
Thanks for this great tips... I always tell me colleague that it's better to charge, use the phone then when it's 20% charge again... Enjoying my Tecno Camon CM ...the battery keep me days before charging again...
na zo dem batteries dey be after 6 months bros just sell it and buy new one..u will be surprised at the level in which the battery go dey doscharge
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by debolayinka(m): 7:43am On Mar 07, 2018
What then are the factors responsible for the quick decline in battery power of most smart phones?
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Inspire01: 7:43am On Mar 07, 2018
wassade:
You are wrong about the number 2

Charger your phone over night for days and see the results. Either your phone battery drained fast or got spoil by swell up
Nope, u are the one that's wrong. I have been doing it consistently for God knows how long but my battery is still intact, working very well
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Uyi168: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2018
Dandsome:
Make I perch here first I de come
Na winch u be wey dy perch up and dwn?

Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Jac007(m): 7:45am On Mar 07, 2018
Wow! Good to know...I have a question though... Is there a replacement for non-removable phone batteries? I need to replace my camon C9 battery
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by livebynite: 7:46am On Mar 07, 2018
ADDING WATER DOESN'T MAKE GARRI RISE

There was a time as kids we were all told that adding water may not make garri rise it would just make it water

Well it's false adding water makes garri rise.

Buhari reduce the price of garri angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by chicoMX(m): 7:50am On Mar 07, 2018
Op, I disagree with no 2.

I don't know for the super super smartphones (IPhone & Samsung), but for an average smartphone your battery's life will be totally fvcked (especially if you're into pressing while charging).

when your phone is fully charged, the electrons in your battery experience restricted movement (state of compactness). Continual charging of your phone when it is full (and pressing ), leads to the emission of heat from your phone, and in few months time your battery life reduces to something else.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by thaimyp(f): 7:55am On Mar 07, 2018
Don't really understand no 4
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Adamummya(f): 8:15am On Mar 07, 2018
talking about battery, dont even near my vivo 3 hrs charge 30 mins use
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by wassade: 8:17am On Mar 07, 2018
Inspire01:
Nope, u are the one that's wrong. I have been doing it consistently for God knows how long but my battery is still intact, working very well

I smells lie, don't let me be bad belle for your business. But deep in your mind you knew you are wrong. Your just wrote those article to get more traffic to your website. One question for you why phone battery swell up and drained faster. Not the board faulty type
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by ColdSun: 8:18am On Mar 07, 2018
Psoulsport:

Kills the cells of the battery....

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 8:24am On Mar 07, 2018
xmanco42:
Op am guilty of number 2 and 4

that is how I bought a power bank from one shop like that , I was so happy because it was cheap until my phone started charging the power bank
stale.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by alexDBaberian: 8:33am On Mar 07, 2018
Lol
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by olanewton(m): 8:49am On Mar 07, 2018
So educative. Nice one Op.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by ayodijex(m): 8:57am On Mar 07, 2018
wassade:
You are wrong about the number 2

Charger your phone over night for days and see the results. Either your phone battery drained fast or got spoil by swell up

Lol, I've been doing overnight charging for about 3years now on the same phone,tho possible,but no visible swelling yet. the fact seem to hold water. and trust me, battery life is still as gold.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by wassade: 9:09am On Mar 07, 2018
ayodijex:

Lol, I've been doing overnight charging for about 3years now on the same phone,tho possible,but no visible swelling yet. the fact seem to hold water. and trust me, battery life is still as gold.

I challenge you from a test
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Chelsea2000(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2018
It is true charging with generator or power bank will reduce life span of d battery?
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by mediocre(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2018
That number one is very annoying sha. They even do it with lamps ....facepalm
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 07, 2018
Another myth is seeing a power bank of "50000 mah" and instantly believing that it's more power than "5400mah" �����

The key word here is weight. A heavier power bank is more power than a lighter one
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by nurez305(m): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2018
Also on your first charge, do not use generator to charge it, use nepa light grin grin grin
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by yemi15(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2018
Laurenumoh:

How good is this Tecno Camon CM.... And what's the capacity of the battery?

Very good. The battery is meh, average though. But a very well built Tecno phone (my first Techno phone) despite being slim in thickness.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2018
Chelsea2000:
It is true charging with generator or power bank will reduce life span of d battery?
It depends on the generator. There's what we call "condensed power".
Electricity form small generators is not condensed. Therefore, their charge on batteries will dissipate quickly. And vice versa!

1 Like

Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Rubiesangel: 10:18am On Mar 07, 2018
Wow! This is so informative. Never thought in the direction before and I believe all these myth. Thanks for clearing my head.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by naturefellow(m): 10:20am On Mar 07, 2018
ColdSun:
How 'bout using the phone while it's charging and when it's full but still plugged in.
don't just answer a call with it. Or is that a myth also?
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by ColdSun: 10:30am On Mar 07, 2018
naturefellow:
don't just answer a call with it. Or is that a myth also?

I hope so. heard 'bout a lady getting electrocuted while doing that. Later heard that it's because she was using a fake charger (it didn't come with the phone). I tire abeg. Thanks for the answer.

1 Like

Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by ayodijex(m): 10:30am On Mar 07, 2018
wassade:

I challenge you from a test
I don't understand you
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by Rubiesangel: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2018
Nice one. Whilst some of them sounded funny, they are true. I just don't know how these myths came to be in the first place.
Re: Battery Myths You Need To Stop Believing by MrShubby: 10:44am On Mar 07, 2018
Very educating post, I use to believe this myth but ever since I started using my tecno camon cx... I sometimes forget that my phone runs on battery

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Using Your Phone While Charging Safe? / Tecno WX4 Pro Complete Phone Specifications And Price / Pictures; How To Autofocus With Your Android Device Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.