Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US (28362 Views)

Munira Suleiman Tanimu Remarries, Weds Abubakar Hassan Nalaraba / Alex Ikwechegh Visits Woman Whose Fingers Were Cut Off By Herdsmen In Aba / Danjuma Goje Remarries Younger Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Islie: 7:25am On Mar 07, 2018
By Temitope Ogunbanke 

A woman, whose first husband was killed by Boko Haram members, has found love again in the United States of America.

The woman, who changed her name to Sarah for safety reasons, remarried a Liberian (name withheld).

Sarah’s late husband, a Lieutenant Colonel, was killed during combat by Boko Haram in February 2015 in Maiduguri, Borno State.
But three years after, she got married in a colourful ceremony in the presence of friends and families in United States.

Confirming the wedding in an interview with New Telegraph yesterday, a United States-based International Human Rights lawyer and victims’ advocate, Emmanuel Ogebe, said Sarah’s marriage to a Liberian was intriguing because her late husband had served in Liberia during a military peace-keeping mission to bring stability back to the war-torn country.

He said: “With her son leading the bridal train as the little groom, the resplendent bride made her way into the packed Texan church to a different kind of wedding song.

The lyrics, ‘God sent you to love and comfort me,’ couldn’t be more apt. The bride, Sarah was remarrying in America after Boko Haram killed her husband in Maiduguri, North-East Nigeria a few years before.

“The wedding was on Martin Luther King holiday weekend this year, the holiday commemorating the civil rights icon who advocated for racial equality.

“At the Houston wedding reception, I was seated next to a medical doctor and his wife also a doctor (relatives of the bride.) To my left was a medical doctor and her kids (friends of the bride.) The wedding guests in Houston were a true microcosm of highly educated Nigerian American immigrants.

As lawyers, my wife and I were probably the least educated professionals on our table. The crowd was a mix of family, friends, co-workers and members of the ethnic church where the couple served and met.”

Disclosing how Sarah met her Liberian husband, Ogebe said “all began when the Liberian groom served in the parking ministry of the church and helped Sarah find parking before service. After that she was regularly needing parking assistance from one volunteer in particular.

“Her marriage to a Liberian is especially intriguing. Her late husband had served in Liberia during a military peace-keeping mission to bring stability back to the war-torn country.

“Thinking back on her wedding song, ‘God sent you to love and comfort me,’ that is the true redeeming grace in what would otherwise have been a heart-breaking story.

“Seeing this American woman marrying again and rebooting her life was an emotional experience for me. When governments fail, God doesn’t. Hope is indeed the heart’s great quest and love its healing balm. I admit it; I teared up during the wedding – overwhelmed by God’s solution to this situation.”

Commenting on his relationship with Sarah’s late husband and how the military officer was murdered in 2015, Ogebe said he died like an hero fighting in defence of his country.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/03/boko-haram-lt-cols-widow-remarries-u-s/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by NwaAmaikpe: 7:27am On Mar 07, 2018
shocked

She remarried just after 3years?

This is a shame.
A proof that no woman is loyal.
A proof that their love is seamlessly transferrable.

A widow should remain celibate till she dies,
A good widow should not even think of remarrying.
A woman should completely lose the ability to be attracted to any other man once she is married.
She is lucky that her husband's ghost is the lenient type, if not this betrayal of love qualifies for him to strike her mad.

I pity men who don't cheat on their spouse, just keep shortchanging yourself.
Know that life is not fair and husbands have a greater tendency to die before their wives.

And the moment you die, she will start scouting for a new feeder because the vacuum in between those thighs must be filled.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by NaijaMutant(f): 7:30am On Mar 07, 2018
So soon shocked

This is why i can never die for love.

If I want to die for anybody, I'd rather die as a hero and not for love.

No human is ever worth it undecided

16 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by chuksjuve(m): 7:30am On Mar 07, 2018
Bokoharam dividing families from time immemorial..

Buhari!!
When will you finally defeat this dreaded group called bokoharam ?

I don't mean technically or whatever jargon you and Lai Mohammed use to decieve Nigerians..

I mean totally crush them off the surface of the Nigerian map!!!!'n

3 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Evablizin(f): 7:43am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

A widow should not even remarry.
She is lucky that her husband's ghost is the lenient type, if not this betrayal of love qualifies for him to strike her mad.

Know that life is not fair and husbands have a greater tendency to die before their wives.

And the moment you die, your wife will start scouting for a new feeder.
Clap for yourself. As if a widower will remain celibate for the rest of his life. Shift joor.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:46am On Mar 07, 2018
Good one for the woman life goes on.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Paperwhite(m): 7:49am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

Though you're respectfullly entitled to your opinion but pls always be fair in your judgement.

12 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:58am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

Odogwu!!!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by obo389(m): 8:11am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

Baba, you wont blame her especially if she's still a young woman.loyality has nothing to do here. Remember the late husband died 2015.
Life goes on jare

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by CAPSLOCKED: 8:15am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

HER HUSBAND DIED WHEN, JUST FEW MINUTES AGO AND SHE'S ALREADY REMARRIED?

I'M WITH YOU ON THIS.
angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by CAPSLOCKED: 8:17am On Mar 07, 2018
obo389:

Baba, you wont blame her especially if she's still a young woman.loyality has nothing to do here. Remember the late husband died 2015.
Life goes on jare

FORGET TALK.

IF THIS NEW HUSBAND DIES AGAIN, SHE'LL REMARRY BEFORE YOU WAKE UP FROM SLEEP TO SEE THE NEWS ON NAIRALAND. undecided

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Okoroawusa: 8:20am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

What kind of human being r u?

Inwere ajo obi!

Igbara wicked!

23 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Okoroawusa: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2018
chuksjuve:

Buhari!!

I don't mean technically or whatever jargon you and Lai Mohammed use to decieve Nigerians..

Boko haram has come to stay

Its like asking US to crush ISIS
Is that possible?

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by chuksjuve(m): 8:25am On Mar 07, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Boko haram has come to stay

Its like asking US to crush ISIS
Is that possible?

You are right

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by obo389(m): 8:32am On Mar 07, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

FORGET TALK.

IF THIS NEW HUSBAND DIES AGAIN, SHE'LL REMARRY BEFORE YOU WAKE UP FROM SLEEP TO SEE THE NEWS ON NAIRALAND. undecided
Bro, if na you nko?
You no go remarry ni?
Let's be fair on these women sometimes.
So she should remain a widower till she dies even if she has the opportunity to remarry?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Liliyann(f): 8:33am On Mar 07, 2018
Congrats to the woman,that her husband is dead doesn't mean her life should be on hold or she should stop living.Life must go on
3yrs mourning she tried most men don't even wait for a month before they remarry.

13 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by mikeweezy(m): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

must you comment ?

13 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2018
Where d pic na

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by mikeweezy(m): 9:26am On Mar 07, 2018
chuksjuve:

Buhari!!

tjem are technically crush this are just mere criminal try to disgrace this government God will surly punish APC with their supporter blokos

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by deanoffaculty: 10:04am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

You are a monster!! If she were to be your sister, would you allow her to remain like that till eternity? Let Heaven falls, the step she took is better than sleeping around with men. It shows she is a responsible woman. Haba 3years without a man in her life....kudos to her!! Some women will not even wait for 3years before they start flexing around.
.....but what planet did you come from? Definitely not planet Earth!

13 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by PhilipGallagher(m): 10:44am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

And the moment you die, she will start scouting for a new feeder.

Hahaha.. this guy. I thought the mods were able to silence you, i guessed wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Raydos: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2018
A
Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 11:00am On Mar 07, 2018
she deserve to be happy, after all she wasn't the killer of her husband. she tried to stay 3 years without sex

3 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Gangster1ms: 11:00am On Mar 07, 2018
No time to check time... women sha. Just 3 years undecided
Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by kushercain: 11:01am On Mar 07, 2018
see all the epistle and no single picture mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by knightsTempler: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

Dude, check your post calmly for substance.
I'm sure that even if you spend the next two years searching, you will find exactly none.

Think about what that says about you.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by xcolanto(m): 11:04am On Mar 07, 2018
The woman must have been a Muslim!
Thank God for the USA that remolded her mentality and gave her the opportunity to change her religion.
She changed her name to Sarah after the order of Abraham's wife and God has shown her mercy with a new husband.
Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by LaudableXX: 11:04am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked She remarried just after 3years?

This is a shame.

She remarried after 3 years? She tried. If na man, e go don remarry after 1 year. undecided

7 Likes

Re: Woman Whose Husband Was Killed By Boko Haram Remarries A Liberian In US by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is a shame.

A good widow should not even think of remarrying.

And the moment you die, she will start scouting for a new feeder because the vacuum in between those thighs must be filled.

I pity those supporting and hyping you. Dem go hear soon

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South-East Governors React To IPOB’s Attack On Sight Order / Strike: NLC Is Sold Out –ex-vice President / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.