Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? (44912 Views)

Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / FG Hikes Vehicle Number Plate, Driving Licence Rates By 50% / Police Ban Use Of Covered Vehicle Number Plate Across Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by sirfemoz(m): 12:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
The slogan was chosen when things were good. But as human, we can't foresee the future. If not, the reverse would have been the case on most of the states. But Benue state still represents Food Basket of the Nation, until the arrival of the Fulani.

3 Likes

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Dafreeguy(m): 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yea..review is really needed. This few states should now be Ogun State- Skull mining state Imo- Land of statues Borno- land of bokoharam Benue- Land of Herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by ClumsyFlimsy: 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2018
internationalman:
All the 36 state's slogans are irony with respect to the states they represent.

My state own is ''the heartbeat of the nation''

SMH..... How do we keep Nigeria breathing?? Can't even keep the people of the state breathing with just only 3 employing companies..
Coal city bam o

Shameful naija government feel coal is archaic and it's no longer valuable whereas some Asian countries still dey flex coal

2 Likes

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Robisky001(m): 12:44pm On Mar 07, 2018
More like brothel home of refuge. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by ezugegere(m): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2018
Just like saying "Islam, Religion of Peace"

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by achillesfoot(m): 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
ZombieTAMER:

Without the Niger delta
Nigeria is a burial ground

If you don't know... Know it now
Without Edo State, the origin of the earth. (The red sand), there will be no Lagos today. So it is indeed the Heartbeat of the nation.

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by KVC1970: 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2018
Home of bombers and kiddnapers

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by achillesfoot(m): 12:56pm On Mar 07, 2018
internationalman:

SMH..... How do we keep Nigeria breathing?? Can't even keep the people of the state breathing with just only 3 employing companies..
Without Edo state, The origin of the earth, (the red sand), there will be no Lagos today. So it is indeed the heartbeat of the nation.
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Kobicove(m): 12:57pm On Mar 07, 2018
Narldon:

Yesterday, I asked my Neighbour for Iron and he said I should use it in his Room

Today, he asked me for Mop and I told him to use it in my Room...

He has been Frowning Face for me since Morning...

grin

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by asobo: 1:00pm On Mar 07, 2018
niggi4life:
They do not know what peace means

But jokes apart, i remember in the early 90's when i travelled to visit my elder brother in Maiduguri. The Northerners back then were so loving and hospitable, they had so much respect for people most especially strangers.I don't know what went wrong
You are not far from the truth but religion extremist brought us to were we are now.

4 Likes

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by tivta(m): 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
i dont get it

Narldon:

Yesterday, I asked my Neighbour for Iron and he said I should use it in his Room

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yes, the name plate is right, once upon a time, Borno state used to be the most peaceful state in Nigeria , especially in the North, even when other Northern states use to record religion crises, Borno never experienced that, not until the devil decided to build his Caliphate Borno state, that was when the state became the home of pieces.

3 Likes

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by basingstoke: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2018
internationalman:

A true Edo man will not say this... Oba gha tor kpere iseeeee.
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yes, the name plate is right, once upon a time, Borno state used to be the most peaceful state in Nigeria , especially in the North, even when other Northern states use to record religion crises, Borno never experienced that, not until the devil decided to build his Caliphate in Boronu state according to nama pepe, that was when the state became the home of pieces.
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The State's motto is an unfulfillable prophecy.
They say my heart is as black as charcoal.
Don't ask me why, I rep Enugu. The Coal City State. Proudly 042.
This guy. What side of 042?
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by DEBJOCH1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2018
Yes, the name plate is right, once upon a time, Borno state used to be the most peaceful state in Nigeria , especially in the North, even when other Northern states use to record religion crises, Borno never experienced that, not until the devil decided to build his Caliphate in Boronu state according to mama pepe, that was when the state became the home of pieces.
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
Nairalander's, please I am using this medium to seek for your help about my school fees payment.
I am a newly admitted student 100 level @Osun State University (UNIOSUN) Ipetu Ijesha campus but I am unable to get the full payment. I am hereby pleading that you should help me before our matriculation. Thanks.

acct name: Adejumo Adebayo
acct no: 3118531471
bank : First bank
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by mrsfavour(f): 1:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
Narldon:

hahahaahah una no get joy o

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by kyutepanda(f): 1:12pm On Mar 07, 2018
Excuse you! typographic error i presume
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by koning: 1:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
emmachukwu99:

This guy. What side of 042?

I'm thinking 'Ugbo Odogwu' or 'Ogbuago' in Abakpa Nike. He's Phyno's cousin. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
takin35:
https://www.360nobs.com/2018/01/music-tb2-ft-emmdizzle-faya/

This is a banger from your homeboy Tb2 titled #FAYA download and listen and enjoy....
if I slap this one

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by anoda(m): 1:20pm On Mar 07, 2018
internationalman:

am from edo, and NIFOR is a dead place, where palm oil is supposed to be cheap, but no, palm oil is super expensive

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by 1miccza: 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
niggi4life:

But jokes apart, i remember in the early 90's when i travelled to visit my elder brother in Maiduguri. The Northerners back then were so loving and hospitable, they had so much respect for people most especially strangers.I don't know what went wrong

They were invaded by politicians and greed

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Culin(f): 1:30pm On Mar 07, 2018
Until Boko Haram, Borno used to be one of the most peaceful northern state. Even when people were busy running around for safety in Kano, Kaduna, Jos, there was never a report of unrest in Borno. I pray and believe that someday it's going to go back to the way it was.

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
niggi4life:

believe bro, north is the most peaceful part of 9ja save for bolo haram.. i served in Katsina and man, i had a swell time.. that respect for strangers was always there... i never had an issue in my one year stay.. i even did shiiits that i know back home in the south, i would have been snitched upon.. would love to go back some day... do a one week tour of kano, kd and Katsina states..
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by mfm04622: 1:31pm On Mar 07, 2018
It used to be the home of peace!
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by OSUigbo: 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2018
internationalman:

But una people dey breath well for Italy nau

2 Likes

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by Tunks2017(m): 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2018
Gateway state wink

1 Like

Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by bewla(m): 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2018
obafemee80:

More like saying Paradise, home of sinners grin cheesy
Home to havoc and boko haram
Re: Borno, Home Of Peace: Can You Spot The Irony Of This Vehicle Number Plate? by gebest: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
in those days it has be home of peace before the arrival of BOKO BOYS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Saw At NNPC Gas Station. / EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos) / Nigerian Man Shows Off His Vehicle Made With Locally Sourced Materials. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.