Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,557 members, 7,958,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies (873 Views)

Export Of Yam Tubers Carries Life Sentence In Nigeria / Chidinma Ojukwu Crowned Miss Cell At Kirikiri Prison. / Internet Fraudster Bags 35-Year Jail Sentence In Ilorin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by vanessaRN(f): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2018

A Kenyan woman dancer, Susan Samira Odhiambo Johnson, who had been serving a sentence after being arrested on April 2015 at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in possession of narcotics, died last month inside Kirikiri.

A memorial service was held for Me Johnson, on February 20, at the chapel in Kirikiri Female Prison in Lagos.

Photos: Kenyan dancer serving sentence inside Kirikiri Prison for drug trafficking, dies two month to completing her term

The Kenyan, then 42, was caught with 5.345kg of drugs concealed in a school bags. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) said the four blue parcel of white powdery substance found in her possession tested positive for cocaine.

The deceased, who was born in Mombasa travelled with Kenyan International passport with number A1536020. She departed Bujumbura in Burundi en-route Nairobi to Lagos on a Kenyan Airways flight.

During routine screening, she was found with four parcels of cocaine concealed in school bags. Susan said she is a professional dancer in Kenya.

In her defence, the Kenyan argued that the bags were given to her by a friend to carry to Lagos and she had no idea what they contained.

“I was given the school bags in Bujumbura by a friend to deliver in Nigeria. When I got to the airport in Lagos, they searched my luggage and found the drugs,” she had said.

On December 7, 2015, she was sentenced at the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, and on the same day, began her incarceration at Kirikiri. Susan ailed in prison for a few months and died on February 16 on her way to hospital. According to reports, Susan was two months away from completing her term.

Fellow inmates, observed by the female guards, came to the chapel to pay their respects. Some wept openly while others sat pensively through the liturgy. Her immediate family knew about the mass, having been informed of her death and of the chaplain’s plans by the Kenyan Embassy.

Mr Onyancha, the Kenyan Consular Officer attached to Lagos, and two Kenyans were also present. Presiding over the mass was Fr Cletus Udoh, the Parish Priest in charge of St Joseph’s Kirikiri, Lagos.

On his side was Fr Emmanuel Likoko, (pictured) a Kenyan priest in charge of St Mathews Catholic Church in Amukoko, Ifelodun, who had been of much support to Susan in her final months of her life.

Father Likoko said late Susan was looking forward to going back home.

source
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/03/07/photos-kenyan-dancer-serving-sentence-inside-kirikiri-prison-for-drug-trafficking-dies-two-month-to-completing-her-term/

cc lalasticlala

Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by Mariangeles(f): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2018
So sad...
May her soul find rest.
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by mikky4764(f): 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2018
If really she is innocent, i wonder how the so called friend will be feeling on hearing of her death
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Red Flag @ dies two month to completing her term

Another case of extra judicial killing to silent the pest. What a nation.

I dare he entire Nigeria Judiciary system to perform an autopsy on this lady and ask what killed her.

I have reliable info that the Nigerian Police and Nigerian prisons service kill people like ants on a daily, law enforcements God will owe you all accountable for every soul that's killed outside the law, may your lineage never flourish and may your descendants be useless upon the earth.

Kenyans fight for justice. This woman was killed to cover up their cowardly acts in the prisons service

Missjoy29
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
mikky4764:
If really she is innocent, i wonder how the so called friend will be feeling on hearing of her death

Never ever carry any good or luggage for a friend without checking it. That's what people do to innocent and naive friends
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
Mynd44

Lalsticlala

People need to be watchful about their so-called friends. What do you think about this story? Please move to FP so people can be careful when told to help deliver packages during transit
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by tunjiajayi: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2018
chocberry:
Red Flag @ dies two month to completing her term

Another case of extra judicial killing to silent the pest. What a nation.

I dare he entire Nigeria Judiciary system to perform an autopsy on this lady and ask what killed her.

I have reliable info that the Nigerian Police and Nigerian prisons service kill people like ants on a daily, law enforcements God will owe you all accountable for every soul that's killed outside the law, may your lineage never flourish and may your descendants be useless upon the earth.

Kenyans fight for justice. This woman was killed to cover up their cowardly acts in the prisons service

Missjoy29

Your only credible source must be a convict or are you an ex convict?
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2018
tunjiajayi:

Your only credible source must be a convict or are you an ex convict?

When you meet lawyers that stand for people they share intel. This acts are common across circles of intelligence, plus i've met multiple ex-convicts. They wait and watch if no one comes for you, every Friday they take such persons and shoot them.

I will fight my way thru and present this information to Amnesty International, though i'm aware they're looking into it too
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by tunjiajayi: 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2018
chocberry:

When you meet lawyers that stand for people they share intel. This acts are common across circles of intelligence, plus i've met multiple ex-convicts. They wait and watch if no one comes for you, every Friday they take such persons and shoot them.

Ok,
But this woman was said to be ailing.
I am not playing the devil's advocate but there is usually a motive and an intention as per murder.
What do you think are these two for killing this woman?
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2018
tunjiajayi:

Ok,
But this woman was said to be ailing.
I am not playing the devil's advocate but there is usually a motive and an intention as per murder.
What do you think are these two for killing this woman?

You ask me my answer will be too you in a parable. A Nigerian military batallaion that had been in the Liberian civil war for close to 15-20 years was returning home, all died like that just a day entering the country in transit, see my brother, when people die mysteriously, something is wrong. Per adventure inhumane acts the obvious reason why she must die in the cell. I am aware they don't feed these guys for even a week, and starvation kills many. The condition there is terrible for any man, let alone a woman
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by tunjiajayi: 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2018
chocberry:

You ask me my answer will be too you in a parable. A Nigerian military batallaion that had been in the Liberian civil war for close to 15-20 years was returning home, all died like that just a day entering the country in transit, see my brother, when people die mysteriously, something is wrong. Per adventure inhumane acts the obvious reason why she must die in the cell. I am aware they don't feed these guys for even a week, and starvation kills many. The condition there is terrible for any man, let alone a woman

This view is more plausible, not intentious or motivated killing as you earlier posited.

For the soldiers, that had an accident. People die every day from that without any motivated machinations.
Re: Photos: Kenyan Serving Sentence In Kirikiri Prison For Drug Trafficking Dies by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 07, 2018
tunjiajayi:

This view is more plausible, not intentious or motivated killing as you earlier posited.

For the soldiers, that had an accident. People die every day from that without any motivated machinations.

Hahaha

Until you have someone who visited that place you won't understand. I've come across five persons that have been to Kirikiri one just came out earlier this year and immediately i spotted them i was the one telling them what happened there, they were shocked and asked how i knew what was going on there. Do you know how it is for a human being to sit on hot stove/electric stove as an investigative measure?

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Police Whatsapp No Last Seen On Whatsapp / Pay My 10k Or I'll Release Our Photos Online - Nigerian Lady Calls Out Pastor / Thief Caught Stealing Phone Inside Mosque In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.