Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? (31502 Views)

Meet Sanwo-Olu’s Commissioners And Special Advisers. / President Muhammadu Buhari Hosts Young Political Appointees To A Dinner. PICS / Fayose’s Last Dinner Party, Food Wasted As Political Appointees, Friends Shun It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by Paulagada: 8:19am On Mar 08, 2018
He doesn't need to resign, he can apply for secondment and after 4 years resume in his office. Politics is the fastest way of making it big in Nigeria of today and it will boost his profile.
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by Trustme2(m): 8:28am On Mar 08, 2018
amliftedhigher:
Good evening fellow Nairalanders, a friend of mine is working and campaigning seriously for some to become governor in his state in 2019. My friend is a Federal oil worker But he is not OK with his pay so he is seeking for political appointment in his state in 2019. But my question is how much is a commissioner and other political appointees paid? I mean their basic salary not allowance? This will also help to guide him in making his decision should he loose his Job he will not commit suicide. Also is there any other benefits apart from the salary?
My fellow comrades and great politicians your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
If he's not contesting an election but only supporting a candidate in anticipation for an appointment he may not resign if he works in a government establishment. He's only expected to apply for leave of absence after which he will come back to resume at his work
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by amliftedhigher: 10:10am On Mar 08, 2018
achiever12:

Tell your friend he is one of the problems of this country. He is seeking political office, not to better the lot of Nigerians, but to better the lot of his pocket? And you are here helping him because you too think politics is just another money making venture? How then is your friend different from any of the political thieves in this country? Shame on you and your friend.
Oga no vex I did not say he will not better the masses oh but why he is serving the people, he still needs to service his stomach through the salary and that what he wanted to know.
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by achiever12: 10:13am On Mar 08, 2018
amliftedhigher:
Oga no vex I did not say he will not better the masses oh but why he is serving the people, he still needs to service his stomach through the salary and that what he wanted to know.

But from what you wrote, his primary, (and most probably only) purpose is to serve his bank account. This is bad
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by amliftedhigher: 10:13am On Mar 08, 2018
Paulagada:
He doesn't need to resign, he can apply for secondment and after 4 years resume in his office. Politics is the fastest way of making it big in Nigeria of today and it will boost his profile.
Thank you Sir
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by felix10(m): 10:14am On Mar 08, 2018
According to d dictate of their governor.
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by amliftedhigher: 10:16am On Mar 08, 2018
Paulagada:
thanks brother
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by amliftedhigher: 10:17am On Mar 08, 2018
Trustme2:

If he's not contesting an election but only supporting a candidate in anticipation for an appointment he may not resign if he works in a government establishment. He's only expected to apply for leave of absence after which he will come back to resume at his work
Thanks brother
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by Lipscomb(m): 10:51am On Mar 08, 2018
Well done buhari is your nightmare cheesy you saw him in your dream again grin
OSUigbo:
Buhari is a useless president.
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2018
amliftedhigher:
Good evening fellow Nairalanders, a friend of mine is working and campaigning seriously for some to become governor in his state in 2019. My friend is a Federal oil worker But he is not OK with his pay so he is seeking for political appointment in his state in 2019. But my question is how much is a commissioner and other political appointees paid? I mean their basic salary not allowance? This will also help to guide him in making his decision should he loose his Job he will not commit suicide. Also is there any other benefits apart from the salary?
My fellow comrades and great politicians your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
what if the soon to become Gov loose the election ?

What if the soon to become Gov didn't eventually appoint him!

Think my friend!
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by Pacino234(m): 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2018
[Subeb is nt just funded by the state quote author=kennydee05 post=65649506]
I think this is not correct. A board member of SUBEB in a particular state (name withheld) in South-West monthly salary is nothing less than 500K after tax. I saw the pay slip last month and I was waawwuu. [/quote]
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:37pm On Mar 20, 2018
are you sure
but the ministers and commissioners control the money
Mcowubaba:
it varies,
Most State commissioners are paid according to the Civil service structure, that's the ministry to which they are appointed into, the state to which they are appointed (Akwa Ibom state may pay higher than Ebonyi state), you mentioned other political appointments be specific, too vague, which particular appointment?

One thing to note is that in Nigeria, there are lucrative appointments, that they appointees can successfully loot the resources
Example, the Nigerian's Minister of Petroleum has more money to steal than the Minister of Commerce...

And I can see your friend is grooming himself to be amongst the looters of this shithole, congratulations to him in advance.

FYI, a personal assistant to a governor can embezzle more money than 4 state Commissioners combined.

Personal assistants are the people that help Governors do their dirty games, they are mostly rewarded heavily, commissioner na just name, packaging....
How many times have you heard Governors sacking their personal assistants wink wink wink, but commissioners are usually sacked constantly..

If your friend wants to steal with ease, I advise he chooses a Personal assistant, because no much media attention, no known responsibilities, no accountability, i'm talking about personal assistant, not special advisers, the are not the same thing in Nigeria.
Re: How Much Are Commissioners And State Government Political Appointees Paid? by Ndipe(m): 6:03am On Dec 20, 2018
Na wao, that there is no difference between corrupt Nigerian politicians and armed robbers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stay In The Shop To Make Money Or Shut It Down To Pursue Thieves? / Fateema Aduke Mohammed Supporter Killed In Lagos, Suspends Her Campaign / 2023: Wike Bribes PDP Governors With Cars To Support Him As VP - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.