Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

#500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. (6711 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 8:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Good day great farmers.
Has we approach the rainy season I would want y'al to take advantage of the great farming experience and benefit from every drop of rain that falls from the sky.

I will he sharing a step by step procedures on how to manage and succeed in cucumber farming with little labour and high returns.

Stay tunned for my regular updates on the step by step hints.

Luckily for me with just over 200k invested on my farm, I realized over 490k with proper and good management, and I will want us all to participate from this experience.

Feel free to contact me for any questions that need clarification while I drop the steps.

Chidi 07069329725
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 8:59am On Mar 08, 2018
STEP ONE.

FINDING A SUITABLE LAND.

Most of my interactions with newbees has made me see that most people feel cucumber can only he grown in the north.
This is wrong because it can grow in all parts of Nigeria, Enugu anambra, Lagos, and so on.

Cucumber requires a land that doesn't not retain water for long. It needs a loamy soil, a soil that is soft and not clay-like.

It is important to note that cucumber is a soft fruit and can easily by harvested. So don't do the mistake if sitting ur farm in a location too far from ur control.

Also, try has much has possible to find a flat land[left][/left], avoid sloppy lands so has to avoid leaching.

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 08, 2018
following
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Siki355(m): 2:54am On Mar 10, 2018
following...
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Chibuzoc(m): 4:51am On Mar 10, 2018
Following
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 2:59pm On Mar 11, 2018
STEP TWO

CLEARING OF THE LAND.

Clearing of the land should be done either with cutlass or with chemical. If you are clearing just about 3 plots it is advisable to clear with cutlass but if your harm is up to an acre(s) use chemicals for it reduces cost of labour and it kills the weed deep into the root.

It is important to note that cucumber doesn't have a selective chemical like corn, by selective I mean chemicals you u can apply to a farm to weed an already germinating farmland, so if ur to use chemical apply before u plant giving an interval of 7 days before planting.

Chemicals application is a vast area and it will be elaborated more has we progress.

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 9:03am On Mar 16, 2018
STEP 3

BED MAKING.

One common mistake made by vegetable farmers is that they they make ridges instead of beds.
Cucumber needs beds and not ridges cause flat surface produces more result when it comes to cucumber.
The length of the bed should be 4ft wide and the length should be at ur discretion.
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2018
promzzy03:
STEP TWO

CLEARING OF THE LAND.

Clearing of the land should be done either with cutlass or with chemical. If you are clearing just about 3 plots it is advisable to clear with cutlass but if your harm is up to an acre(s) use chemicals for it reduces cost of labour and it kills the weed deep into the root.

It is important to note that cucumber doesn't have a selective chemical like corn, by selective I mean chemicals you u can apply to a farm to weed an already germinating farmland, so if ur to use chemical apply before u plant giving an interval of 7 days before planting.

Chemicals application is a vast area and it will be elaborated more has we progress.

Lovely thread, im eager to read your A to Z procedure.

I do not use herbicides because of health issues but there are herbicides that can be used. Using them successful comes with skills without injuring the consumers and destroying land. If I will not be on farm, I do not use it. And i have not shared the procedure.

I was in a region where workers earn too high daily wages. I had to think well. And after the whole process, i made a pilot to see how it is and it was perfect. Then after, i got a friend who assisted me with toxic test on some fruits which came out fine.

Anyway, this is a process i am not willing to share because it needs 100% attention for the fruits not to have too much toxin in them.

In all my farms this year, i haven't used herbicides, and i do not plan to use them. And I do not intend sharing the procedure.

Im just saying, herbicides can be used.

1 Like

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 16, 2018
promzzy03:
STEP 3

BED MAKING.

One common mistake made by vegetable farmers is that they they make ridges instead of beds.
Cucumber needs beds and not ridges cause flat surface produces more result when it comes to cucumber.
The length of the bed should be 4ft wide and the length should be at ur discretion.

Ridges vs beds. Hmmm. If I may ask, what is the reason behind this your theory? Why does flat surface bed produce higher cucumber yield than ridges?

Again, why have you chosen 2ft (1.2m) width for your beds? Maybe it is what you feel comfortable with? I am just trying to get the logic behind your procedure. It is not like I am saying it is wrong or bad. Hope you get me sir.
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 11:16am On Mar 24, 2018
Nice one
fluentinfor:

Lovely thread, im eager to read your A to Z procedure.

I do not use herbicides because of health issues but there are herbicides that can be used. Using them successful comes with skills without injuring the consumers and destroying land. If I will not be on farm, I do not use it. And i have not shared the procedure.

I was in a region where workers earn too high daily wages. I had to think well. And after the whole process, i made a pilot to see how it is and it was perfect. Then after, i got a friend who assisted me with toxic test on some fruits which came out fine.

Anyway, this is a process i am not willing to share because it needs 100% attention for the fruits not to have too much toxin in them.

In all my farms this year, i haven't used herbicides, and i do not plan to use them. And I do not intend sharing the procedure.

Im just saying, herbicides can be used.
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 11:20am On Mar 24, 2018
fluentinfor:

Ridges vs beds. Hmmm. If I may ask, what is the reason behind this your theory? Why does flat surface bed produce higher cucumber yield than ridges?

Again, why have you chosen 2ft (1.2m) width for your beds? Maybe it is what you feel comfortable with? I am just trying to get the logic behind your procedure. It is not like I am saying it is wrong or bad. Hope you get me sir.

I said 4ft sir, and that's the standard measurement.
Making it less won't provide enough spacing for the plants and making it more won't be economical for the farmland.
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 11:28am On Mar 24, 2018
STEP 4

MANURE APPLICATION.

Most people gets confused with the difference between organic and inorganic manure.
In summary, organic is a naturally produced manure, while inorganic is man made.

After the preparation of the beds, u are to apply manure. In modern farming practises we don't spread manure all over the farm. You apply directly to the spot you are to plant your seed and mix with the soil very well to avoid lumps of manure.

Most advisable is dry poultry dump. If your to get manure directly from the poultry farm, after application do not plant immediately so has to allow the manure get cool.
Hot manure burns the seed.

1 Like

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2018
promzzy03:

I said 4ft sir, and that's the standard measurement.
Making it less won't provide enough spacing for the plants and making it more won't be economical for the farmland.

4ft is actually 1.2m which was what I meant and not 2ft. My point is how did you conclude 4ft (1.2m) is the standard width for beds? By whose standard? I am just curious. I agree if it is your recommendation which you are entitled to, but saying it is the standard is what I am trying to figure out here. I know farmers with 0.8m width, 1m width which was popularized by whoever I do not care to know, and I have seen 0.6m width beds. Each has its pros and cons. So, how did you arrive the conclusion that 4ft (1.2m) is the standard. If you really ask me, it is total waste if you are staking your cucumber. And many farmers will attestate to what I am writing here. Majority of farmers use 0.8m to 1m width. Lesser than the range is possible, and wider than the range which you have chosen is not a crime. You can only explain why you chose it, but saying it is the standard is wrong. And saying it is the best spacing for enough spacing for plants might be wrong too. Let me tell you straight, no matter the method you use, the size of your beds, the width of your furrow, most seeds manufacturers have adopted 10,000 plants/acre as the standard for cucumber. I have seen 16,000/acre which did very well. And I have seen lesser.

Also, why is flat bed better than ridges? I am just trying to learn here. I do not think you have any good reason for this too. Just that it is more convenient for you to use flat beds. But if you really know the cons of ridges, kindly state them clearly.

Im not trying to derail your thread but I just need to put it straight up here. It is good for you to make recommendations but I think it is wrong to make them look like standard procedures.

Good job sir. Bless you..
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Beejay4sure(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
@promzzy03 you have discourage this man for showing us is way which i am enjoying the article if you think you know more better than him pls continue from where he stop tnk you

2 Likes

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by stocklot(m): 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
To clear why 3-4 ft is necessary is to basically create decent room for sun light and also for picking the cucumbers . Cucumbers are vigorus plants and their vines spread fast .More spacing allows more nutrients for each plant as well . if you have a method of picking cucumbers from top you can even have a spacing of .2 mtr if it works for you . 10,000 plants per acre is possible but pls remember that nutrient , irrigation ,pest control , disease control has to be done on spot timings .. else you will end up spending unnecessary money on more seeds . More plants do not automatically translate into more production

4ft is actually 1.2m which was what I meant and not 2ft. My point is how did you conclude 4ft (1.2m) is the standard width for beds? By whose standard? I am just curious. I agree if it is your recommendation which you are entitled to, but saying it is the standard is what I am trying to figure out here. I know farmers with 0.8m width, 1m width which was popularized by whoever I do not care to know, and I have seen 0.6m width beds. Each has its pros and cons. So, how did you arrive the conclusion that 4ft (1.2m) is the standard. If you really ask me, it is total waste if you are staking your cucumber. And many farmers will attestate to what I am writing here. Majority of farmers use 0.8m to 1m width. Lesser than the range is possible, and wider than the range which you have chosen is not a crime. You can only explain why you chose it, but saying it is the standard is wrong. And saying it is the best spacing for enough spacing for plants might be wrong too. Let me tell you straight, no matter the method you use, the size of your beds, the width of your furrow, most seeds manufacturers have adopted 10,000 plants/acre as the standard for cucumber. I have seen 16,000/acre which did very well. And I have seen lesser.

Also, why is flat bed better than ridges? I am just trying to learn here. I do not think you have any good reason for this too. Just that it is more convenient for you to use flat beds. But if you really know the cons of ridges, kindly state them clearly.

Im not trying to derail your thread but I just need to put it straight up here. It is good for you to make recommendations but I think it is wrong to make them look like standard procedures.

Good job sir. Bless you..

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by Wabio: 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Good day leaders, I am new here and am planning to venture into this, I need mentoring and any available mentor pls drop u mail sir/ma. Thank
Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2018
Step 5

After the manure has been properly applied, it will be time for planting seed. The spp of seed to plant will depend on your location and what buyers want. In enugu most buyers prefer 999 so that's what we usually plant. The spacing of the seed should be at least 1ft that's 30cm apart. This spacing is relevant because it helps control spreed of diseases and it provides the plant with relevant air needed for growth

2 Likes

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by promzzy03: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
If well planted it takes 3 - 7 days to germinate.
At this point you don't need to apply chemicals unless you notice insect Infestaton. You should start with staking cause this takes time to do. Get your chemicals ready with your urea and fertilizer and wait for the 14th day.

2 Likes

Re: #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. by konews: 6:16pm On Nov 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

mobile electronic soil tester(photo) / Raising Broilers; My Experience / Are U Rearing BROILERS For December Market? If Yes! We Need Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.