Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Ogbeh’s Claim On Rice False, Says Thailand Ambassador - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbeh’s Claim On Rice False, Says Thailand Ambassador (473 Views)

Border Closure Bites Hard On Rice, Textile Shops In Benin Republic / British Airways React To Audu Ogbeh's Claim Of Importing Pizza From London / Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ogbeh’s Claim On Rice False, Says Thailand Ambassador by pedrilo: 9:03am On Mar 08, 2018
Ambassador of Thailand to Nigeria, Wattana Kunwongse, has denied the claim by Chief Audu Ogbeh, Minister of Agriculture, that rice mills are collapsing in the Asian country. On Friday, Ogbeh had claimed that Thailand said President Muhammadu Buhari’s policy on local rice sufficiency was responsible for the collapse of seven of its mills. Ogbeh He said: “Just like two weeks ago, the ambassador of Thailand came to my office and said to me that we have really dealt with them. “But I asked what did we do wrong and he said unemployment in Thailand was one of the lowest in the world, 1.2 per cent, it has gone up to four percent because seven giant rice mills have shut down because Nigeria’s import has fallen by 95 per cent on rice alone.” TheCable fact-checked the minister’s claims and found them to be false. According to a statement published by another online medium, on Tuesday, Kunwongse said there was no proof of the shutdown of Thailand’s major mills. “The report is not only misleading but a distortion of the actual conversation between myself and the Minister of Agriculture at the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development on January 30, 2018, which was nothing short of positivity and optimism on both sides,” the statement read.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/ogbehs-claim-rice-false-says-thailand-ambassador/
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/ogbehs-claim-rice-false-says-thailand-ambassador/
Re: Ogbeh’s Claim On Rice False, Says Thailand Ambassador by pedrilo: 9:03am On Mar 08, 2018
just imagine!
someone's father and grand father telling lies with reckless abandon!
Lies, propaganda and deceit is their stock in trade!
Re: Ogbeh’s Claim On Rice False, Says Thailand Ambassador by GoldCircle: 9:05am On Mar 08, 2018
We all knew it was a lie. Mr. Ambassador no worry yourself.

(1) (Reply)

2019 Election: Unveiling Dr Helen-naomi Ndidi Godswill-solomon / Interrogate Buhari Over Non Budget Implementation, Dogara Asks Nigerians / Dino Melaye Issue A Strong Warning To IG "Produce This Criminals Or I Sue Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.