Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

#low aaua tuition and call for resumption. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #low aaua tuition and call for resumption. (339 Views)

Tertiary Institutions That Have Released Bulletin For Resumption Of Activities / Akeredolu Hires Pro-govt Students To Counter Protests Over AAUA Tuition Hike / Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#low aaua tuition and call for resumption. by Macdan20(m): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
AS WE JOURNEY THROUGH THE STRUGGLE!!!

For days now, concerned comrades, parents and students alike have been united in clamour for a quickest return to class room and that the tuition fee of ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY AKUNGBA AKOKO should remain. This has attracted attention from across all sections.

Permit me to say that our pleas and cry however loud it is, appear to mean nothing to this present government. To start with, our respected Commissioner for Education in ondo state made it loud and clear to the whole world that TERTIARY EDUCATION IS NOT CHEAP. He said this on a program on OSRC TV, I watched him live and I recorded the video. He further stated that it is a choice.

More so, he made a mockery of humanity by making reference to parents who sends their wards to private primary and secondary schools. In his own view, if they can pay much in those cadres, they should not complain of increased fee in the tertiary institutions.

As if that is not enough, a so called press release was on social media yesterday that the school has not resumed because of renovation on going. This I tagged joke of the century. It is also a mockery of common sense. It obviously shows we are thinking anew.

More so, in the cause of the struggle, many comrades though are now graduates joined to echo our plight to the world. Even those I personally never expected could. Unfortunately, our respected so called comrades suddenly ran short of data to contribute to the struggle, when some of them eventually got lucky to share from a friend's WiFi, their contributions further added salts to our wounds. Indeed the future is cloudy!!!

I am tempted to ask, what exactly is the priority of this government? We all could testify to the fact that the previous administration had a blue print. Accepted, no one is short of shortcomings, they had their flaws but they had priorities. Health was one of them.
We have commissioner for youths, what will he say he has done so far? W have heard from our Hon. Commissioner, he already told us Tertiary education is not cheap, and that it is a choice. Has the government indirectly shut down our school?

Shortly after coming on board, there was an education submit which I so much applauded. But one became worried about the recommendations of these elites who formed the committee and were products of free education.
According to our Hon. Commissioner for education, when the fees are increased, then we will be able to compete globally. May I quickly remind him, the low tuition fee being charged in AAUA has singled it out in world map.
Despite the low tuition fee, our faculty of law is arguably the best in this country. Then I am forced to ask, how will increment in school fee affect quality education? I am asking because I do not understand, I want to learn.

We are being taught in school that education is our right not a privilege, has that changed again? Is that part of the recommendation of the education submit committee too? Is education now a source of making money? Or is it the money we pay they use in building the structures?
Why can't government reduce some spendings in order to make education affordable for the students and parents? Or do they even think it is everyone in schools who have parents sponsoring them? I heard the government want to build a new government house, can't that one wait? With over #100billion, I think there are more than enough to spend on education in the state.

Maybe someone need to remind them that nothing lasts forever, this life is turn by turn. It is your turn now, whatever you do will answer for you later on.

As for our other comrades who have chosen to be tyrants by remaining silence in the face of oppression, I have nothing to say to you yet, when the time comes, we will know what is what. No wonder some people never believe in the youth! No wonder the old despite their inferior numbers still on all occasions have their ways using hungry youths.

I have received several calls, warning me not to air out my opinion because these people are in power. I appreciated them though but I choose not to be a coward, whatever we do today, history will refer to them.

Why must we lick the ground to get what is ours? Why must our parents who are not being paid regularly suffer even more?! Even when you are been paid, how much can the salary cater for?

The government removed subsidy from Waec payment, they intend to increase school fee, yet unwillingly to increase minimum wage, we are indeed thinking anew!!!
My silence has not protected me,
Yours will not.

Therefore I have chosen to speak out.
As we journey through the struggle, let us struggle through the journey to the end. Some hold the opinion that we are only ranting, let us show them we are not, we are only civilised and chose the best option. We are getting there
A quick reminder, you are in power today, not forever.

'SEYIFUMMI FRANCIS ADEOSUN

adeosunfrancis4@gmail.com
+2348068066805

CC
Fynestboi , olawalebabs , Richiez
Re: #low aaua tuition and call for resumption. by segzyj(m): 2:05am On Mar 09, 2018
You have not made your demands known...because I can see fair in your undertones, comrades dnt get intimidated......... You are indeed ranting

(1) (Reply)

Procedures To Check 2018 JAMB Result Online For Free / Looking To Study Free In Germany? / Distinctedu Blog Quiz And Test Time, Begins Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.