Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry (1035 Views)

"I Started Small, Bank Of Industry Lifted Me" - Innoson / List Of Business(es) That Are Eligible For Bank Of Industry Loan / A Nairalander's Experience With Bank Of Industry (documents Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry by traeces(m): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2018
Recall I had detailed my unpleasant experience with Bank of Industry in a post on this link; https://www.nairaland.com/4371169/nairalanders-experience-bank-industry-documents

24 hours later, the branch manager for the bank's Makurdi office contacted me on WhatsApp basically expressing displeasure that I took my grievance to Nairaland and informing me that that the Bank's management had been notified of my post on Nairaland. The conversations made me pause in carrying out my resolve to publicize and protest my ill treatment at BOI for a time.

Today, I received a 31 minutes call from Bank of Industry customer care. The customer care personnel apologized on behalf of the bank, inquired if I made a formal complaint to the bank and went on to explain a number of issues including what the 10% guarantee was...

I made it clear I understood those and even though I would have suggested the bank reviewed that requirement if the bank asked my opinion, that wasn't the point. The point was that I was made to pay a 1% non refundable appraisal fee and the bank went to sleep until my letter lapsed. We had plenty back and forth and I asked her how she would have me proceed? She said since the application can be renewed, I should visit the bank and talk with the manager. I asked if I could get a mail that summarizes our conversations and she gave me a categorical no. That I did not do a formal complaint so there can't be a formal reply. Fair! I thought.
Even though I am yet to decide if I plan to visit the MKD office at this point. I thought I should provide this update so that;
1) I can keep you informed about what has happened after the post and what may happen after now.
2) Sample opinions on how to proceed.
3) Provide 1st hand reference for the public on BOI with how this ultimately ends.

dominique , FOD , puskin ,naijacutee, laudableXX, denee

1 Like

Re: An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry by Actuarydeji(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2018
Corruption is in the blood of most people in Nigeria.
Re: An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry by thinktanke: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2018
OP, I see that you are a man of faith.I would sincerely counsel that you continue to build you business on your own. In sincerity I don't see how your further interaction with BOI will not end in a disaster. People have from individual effort built big businesses in Nigeria without doing anything shady and I don't see any reason why you can't achieve the same. There must be a better way to do the business you are engaged in. All that may be required is for you to spend quality time thinking on a different approach from what you are presently doing.I wish you all the best in your endeavour. There is a spirit in man and the inspiration of the Almighty gives them understanding.
Re: An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry by traeces(m): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2018
thinktanke:
OP, I see that you are a man of faith.I would sincerely counsel that you continue to build you business on your own. In sincerity I don't see how your further interaction with BOI will not end in a disaster. People have from individual effort built big businesses in Nigeria without doing anything shady and I don't see any reason why you can't achieve the same. There must be a better way to do the business you are engaged in. All that may be required is for you to spend quality time thinking on a different approach from what you are presently doing.I wish you all the best in your endeavour. There is a spirit in man and the inspiration of the Almighty gives them understanding.

Thank you very much
Re: An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry by TheTakeOver: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
traeces:

Thank you very much

Any update? If I were you I would follow it to a logical conclusion if not for me but for the masses.
Re: An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry by traeces(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2018
TheTakeOver:

Any update? If I were you I would follow it to a logical conclusion if not for me but for the masses.

I have since moved on.
Even if BOI calls me now to take the loan under those terms, I won't.
Unfortunately, I can't seek redress as our legal system only frustrates the common man.
Re: An Update On A Nairalanders' Experience With Bank Of Industry by TheTakeOver: 7:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
traeces:

I have since moved on.
Even if BOI calls me now to take the loan under those terms, I won't.
Unfortunately, I can't seek redress as our legal system only frustrates the common man.

You are already a winner. I feel your pain. I have been thinking about something lately. I will send you my contact so we can WhatsApp.

(1) (Reply)

Make Extra Cash~Clean up your closet & sell the unwanted stuffs fast on u-Snapp / Best 10 Work From Home Jobs In Nigeria – 2018 (pictures) / Earn Cool Income From Naijanews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.