Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,021 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) (36999 Views)

Coronavirus: How Hackers Are Preying On Fears Of Covid-19 / I Have Been Bitten By Scorpion, Involved In Multiple Accidents - Lady Lawyer / Photos Of Chinyere, Girl With Blue Eyes In Nasarawa Shared By Emily Nkanga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by imitateMe(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
wow
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 1:36pm On Mar 10, 2018
small thing...many years ago,while staying with my granny i ran straight into a tarantula spider on path in the farm ..hairy and huge like a motherfuqqerrr shocked i was transfixed for a moment with fright...i remember seen that ugly nasty spider in my biology trxtbook...i later watched on natGeo channel as listed among 10 most venomous and deafliest cteature in the world..it kills in matter of seconds...
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Follygunners: 1:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
@ OP. You be Sub-Zero? grin grin
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by daewoorazer(m): 2:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
Cadamlk:
I took a trip to Nasarawa state, Keana local Govt to be precise. In the course of my briefings, I was told to be wary of scorpions and their deadly snakes.

You are right.. They have in abundance small black snakes and scorpions. Did you visit their Salt Lake? Their market? And the local govt office at the distant end of the community?

Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Reeberry: 2:58pm On Mar 10, 2018
Avedonn:

That scorpion venom is not deadly. Next time just move it to safer environment please.
FortifiedCity:
Why did you dispossess the scorpion of the cockroach, will you eat the cockroach?

You'd have looked for something to cover them both and study them. You for learn something new.

Nigerian mentality eehh

The way dunce people like you people thinks they have an opinion.

Op always keep your environment clean to avoid these creatures.
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by tunary(m): 2:59pm On Mar 10, 2018
iammolise:

Cover them u say... U should've as well asked him to build a cage for them in order to study them very well.
It's like scorpion neva sting u b4... U go do 10min madness fest b4 u go fall dey cry.
10 minutes madness LWKMO
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by redsun(m): 4:44pm On Mar 10, 2018
Cadamlk:
Both are not friends of humans,the predator carries deadly poison while the prey carries deadly diseases cool .I don't have to kill it to eat it, I killed it to eliminate them from my environment . wink

Wouldn't it have made more sense to leave the predator to kill off the contagious pest, while you take an adequate step as more 'advanced' creature to avoid the predator that can only sting humans by accident? They are obviously better pest controllers than you guys.
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Uruan2023: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
ngwababe:
The sting of this thing is something else, I believed the day wey this thing bite me!!!

What did you take to cure the poison?
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by ngwababe(f): 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
Uruan2023:

What did you take to cure the poison?

I was taken to my school medical centre then, the gave me some injections, both for nyash and the place wey that thing bite me! But the pain was there for like 3days or more!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by CarterDavid30(m): 6:12pm On Mar 10, 2018
Cadamlk:
I took a trip to Nasarawa state, Keana local Govt to be precise. In the course of my briefings, I was told to be wary of scorpions and their deadly snakes.

Anytime I move around in the when it is dark,I should carry an illuminating object in order for me to avoid the two deadly animals.

I had to cut the discussion with my friends short in order to have a cool bath against the blazing heat of the northern sun. I barely moved two steps with my touch light on ,lo and behold ,what I saw on the wall was a scorpion grabbing a cockroach three times its size in its claws.It already stung the cockroach to dead and was ready to make a meal of it.

Being my my first scorpion experience,I decided to take some few pics before landing my slippers on its head. I had to kill it because it posed a potential danger to me and people around

keana. I can't count the number if scorpions I killed during my stay there. it was not funny. service year no easy. Thank God for safety.

1 Like

Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by germaphobe(m): 6:21pm On Mar 10, 2018
FortifiedCity:
Why did you dispossess the scorpion of the cockroach, will you eat the cockroach?

You'd have looked for something to cover them both and study them. You for learn something new.

Nigerian mentality eehh
. Ee we don hear you, where you dey when robert hook been de create cell theory, u even get mouth to say nigerians as if u are from jupitar

1 Like

Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Carter4luv(m): 7:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
FortifiedCity:

Nigerian mentality eehh

True talk, he would av studied them very well. Today the Chinese n Japanese eat cockroach.
Naija own tin is kill killl anytin u see kill dem all.lol

1 Like

Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Cadamlk: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
Onyenna:
Op.... I don't think you're safe in that environment....
Nna,am safe oo because God have given us authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and nothing will harm us.

1 Like

Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Cadamlk: 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2018
ngwababe:
The sting of this thing is something else, I believed the day wey this thing bite me!!!
People say the same thing about their sting. Some said it pained them for days. That will not be my portion cos it is scary to hear people tell their experiences
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Cadamlk: 8:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
don4real18:
It's good you killed it... Be wary when wearing your shoes, they are known for always hiding in them
No be small thing oo.It is like...their scorpions here compete with human population oo
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Cadamlk: 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
daewoorazer:

You are right.. They have in abundance small black snakes and scorpions. Did you visit their Salt Lake? Their market? And the local govt office at the distant end of the community?

Market ...yes Lg office ..yes I have not visited their salt lake but I had a more scary adventure.

I visited some conflict zones between the TIV's and the Fulanis in Benue Nasarawa border. MY brother ,it was a worrisome sight.
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by MTHBOSS(m): 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
I WORK IN A RURAL AREA,LAST WEEK, I HAD THIS SCORPION EXPERIENCE AROUND 2AM. I REMEMBER I OVERHEARD A WOMAN SAYING SQUEEZING CASHEW JUICE ON THE SPOT OF THE BITE WILL HELP, I DID THAT AND PRAYED AND I WAS RELIEVED. COME SEE HOW I SANG PRAISES TO GOD WHEN I REMEMBER HOW AN ELDERLY WOMAN WAS WEEPING AND ROLLING ON THE FLOOR WHEN SHE WAS STUNG BY A SCORPION LATE LAST YEAR AFTER APPLYING SO MANY THINGS.
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Uruan2023: 6:54am On Mar 11, 2018
ngwababe:

I was taken to my school medical centre then, the gave me some injections, both for nyash and the place wey that thing bite me! But the pain was there for like 3days or more!

Sorry dear, I dey fear dat thing o... Heard the old ones are extremely poisonous
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by UniversityPaint: 8:00am On Mar 11, 2018
tooth4tooth:
Wow!! I never knew that tiny scorpion can eat a cockroach of that size oo shocked
The cockroach is not a match for the scorpion any day even if the cockroach is 15 times bigger
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by ngwababe(f): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Uruan2023:

Sorry dear, I dey fear dat thing o... Heard the old ones are extremely poisonous

And pregnant ones too!!!
Re: A Scorpion In Nasarawa Preying On A Cockroach 3 Times Its Size (Photos) by Limitless72(m): 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2018
Rickyzagy:
This is powerful revelation. Only the wise can understand this

ALL HAIL BIAFRA

You foolishness is beyond redemption

(1) (2) (Reply)

Small Boy Killed A Big Python With Cutlass In Anambra - Facebook User (Photos) / My Brother And I Killed A Huge Python In Kogi State / 8 Signs You Are Doing Better Than You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.