Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? (27141 Views)

There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement) / Buhari Voted "Worst President In Nigeria" On Twitter Poll By Sahara Reporters / Nigerians Will See How Popular President Buhari Is In 2019 - Danu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Chukazu: 3:19pm On Mar 10, 2018
LZAA:

thing is that op did not specify weda na past or current
if not current then
1.mandela
2.sankara
3.nkrumah
4.ghadaffi
5.nyerere

Sankara was far more intelligent and visionary than Mandela.
Mandela's influence was mostly felt within South Africa and before then the likes of Sankara had made their mark in the entire continent

Nkrumah and Gadaffi were dictators
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by iamloski(m): 3:23pm On Mar 10, 2018
yarimo:
MUHAMMADU BUHARI president federal republic of Nigeria is the most popular in Africa, and one of the most powerful president in the world.
who is this zombie

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by LZAA: 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
Chukazu:

Sankara was far more intelligent and visionary than Mandela.
Mandela's influence was mostly felt within South Africa and before then the likes Sankara had made their mark in the entire continent

Nkrumah and Gadaffi were dictators
and sankara was a democrat? grin grin
just within south africa?wait did u want mandela to come and influence policy in nigeria or egypt?
nkrumah and gadaffi were popular but later paid for taking the populace for granted
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by kwessiStewie2(m): 3:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mind you there is a difference between famous or well known and popularity. Popularity is used to describe someone who is liked by many people whereas famous is used to describe someone who is well known for something say acting.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Chukazu: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
LZAA:

and sankara was a democrat? grin grin
just within south africa?wait did u want mandela to come and influence policy in nigeria or egypt?
nkrumah and gadaffi were popular but later paid for taking the populace for granted

Giving the circumstance he found himself (the freedom from operation from the previous government) Sankara was a true Democrat .. even if you Don't consider him Democrat ; that word is still vague to me, he wasn't a Dictator like Gadaffi or Nkrumah

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by LZAA: 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
Chukazu:

Giving the circumstance he found himself (the freedom from operation from the previous government) Sankara was a true Democrat .. even if you Don't consider him Democrat ; that word is still vague to me, he wasn't a Dictator like Gadaffi or Nkrumah

ever heard of the term benovelent dictator?
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Chukazu: 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2018
LZAA:

ever heard of the term benovelent dictator?

Gadaffi I suppose?...he was worst than that...
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by adzer: 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
herraph:

I was out of the country , can you believe that people still think Goodluck is the still the President of Nigeria ?
Benin republic I guess?
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by hakimi1974(m): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2018
deji17:

Most powerful? How?
how many presidents can rally more than 10 million people to his cause?.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by igboOSU: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
herraph:

I was out of the country , can you believe that people still think Goodluck is the still the President of Nigeria ?
Badluck you mean?

He's a bad omen.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by deji17: 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
hakimi1974:
how many presidents can rally more than 10 million people to his cause?.

Ok.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by doubleZ88(m): 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
i can boldly answer ur question if i leave this hell of a country.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2018
herraph:

This is so true. When I tell them he lost reelection they are always like shocked... who won then? I'm like General Buhari. Some shake their heads and some are just speechless. USA just used Buhari to destabilize us, God go punish them
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2018
My best till date is and still be Thomas Sankara.. The best of the best.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by opribo(m): 6:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
Popular in what sense please?

Is it in terms of inefficiency or absconding from duty or to go and balance in another country where their presidents have painstakingly worked hard to fix.

OP, you need to narrow down your query so that we can properly separate laggards and failures from high performers.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Sweetcollins: 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2018
Beedoc:

Nonsense

E pain you die
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by yinkarh187(m): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
greiboy:
It use to be between Zuma and Mugabe last year.

However, George Weah seems to have taken their position as both men have eventually fallen.

The most popular of all time
includes

Nelson Mandela south Africa

Muhammad Gaddafi of Libya

Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe

Jacob Zuma of South Africa

Paul Biya of Cameron

Jerry Rawlings of Ghana

Paul kegame of Rwanda

And so on
obj should be number 3
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 10, 2018
yinkarh187:
obj should be number 3
I didn't add any Nigerian president to avoid any tribal E war
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by KingGBsky(m): 8:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
yarimo:
only the dullard and dubious ones think GOODLUCK jonathan is still the president

Sorry but I taught the name "dullard " is only used for Buhari.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by yinkarh187(m): 8:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
greiboy:
I didn't add any Nigerian president to avoid any tribal E war
ok i see
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by nograv: 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2018
yarimo:
MUHAMMADU BUHARI president federal republic of Nigeria is the most popular in Africa, and one of the most powerful president in the world.

Hmm the Arewa paid commenter group told me to tell you that you money will sent over on monday...

Yeye man, you arent fooling anyone..
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by nograv: 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
KingGBsky:

Sorry but I taught the name "dullard " is only used for Buhari.

This man Yarimo is a paid Arewa commenter.. plus he or she has fake accounts to upvote their comments.

Everyone knows the Daura vegetable is finished.. cheesy
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by RexEmmyGee: 9:29pm On Mar 10, 2018
lokoventurex1:

Nigerians are very intelligent. Your response is top notch! More power to your elbow.

I don't support the idea of hate speech on our leaders, but you've just said the truth with sarcasm. It is a pity people like you might be struggling with no job. Continue to soar in wisdom.

If i own a company, you just won yourself a role therein...
Thank you Sir

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by RexEmmyGee: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2018
jamjo:

Most popular in what sense, Failure or achievement?
Both. All round
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Augiiee(m): 9:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
eTECTIVe:
I trust mofos up there who have no idea what goes on outside d shores of their tiny little zombie mind to do wat dey do best, lick ass... D most popular President has to b d new Liberian President George Weah. I'm sure every single African who loves soccer knows him and we already know d rest of d world does
LWEAH is known only by those who watched footall in d 90s, while sai baba is known by those who both watch football and those who dont.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Augiiee(m): 9:47pm On Mar 10, 2018
Augiiee:

WEAH is known only by those who watched footall in d 90s, while SAI BABA is known by those who both watch football and those who dont.
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Diso60090(m): 10:13pm On Mar 10, 2018
yarimo:

if na school exam now you be don fail

By yourself type am for google if cow go come out for last number

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by KJSheggs(m): 10:39pm On Mar 10, 2018
Mandela will top this list for decades to come, because most of the others are selfish and are not visionary in their approach to leadership

greiboy:
It use to be between Zuma and Mugabe last year.

However, George Weah seems to have taken their position as both men have eventually fallen.

The most popular of all time
includes

Nelson Mandela south Africa

Muhammad Gaddafi of Libya

Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe

Jacob Zuma of South Africa

Paul Biya of Cameron

Jerry Rawlings of Ghana

Paul kegame of Rwanda

And so on

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Joelvuvuzela(m): 12:17am On Mar 11, 2018
Most popular president or ex who is still alive is Mugabe.lt would be Idi Amin before the internet age.
Most popular dead or Alive is Mandela followed by Gadaffi
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by eTECTIVe(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2018
Augiiee:

LWEAH is known only by those who watched footall in d 90s, while sai baba is known by those who both watch football and those who dont.

Go back to ur indomie and pap...
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Benwems(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2018
Most popular Is South Africa President Most powerful is Egyptian president
Re: Who Is The Most Popular President In Africa? by Softay(m): 12:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
GEORGE WEAH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Speaks On Ogun Politics, Slams Amosun / Petition: Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Sanwo-olu / Oyo State Governor, Ajimobi And His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.