Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags (6964 Views)

How To Gain Weight And How To Get Big In The Gym / How To Grow A Big Chest Without Using Gym Equipment / Mother At The Gym With Her Baby Strapped To Her Back (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by supereagle(m): 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2018
HANDBAGS, Briefcases and Gym Bags......

Have you ever noticed girls who set their handbags on public toilet floors, then go directly to their dining tables and set it on the table? Happens a lot!

It's not always the 'restaurant food' that causes stomach distress. Sometimes 'what you don't know will hurt you!'

Women carry handbags everywhere; from the office to public toilets to the floor of the rooms to the kitchen tables.

We, at Nelson Laboratories in Salt Lake, we set out to test the average woman's handbag.

It turns out handbags are so surprisingly dirty, even the microbiologist who tested them was shocked.

Microbiologist Amy Karen of Nelson Labs says nearly all of the handbags tested were not only high in bacteria, but high in harmful kinds of bacteria.

Pseudomonas can cause eye infections; staphylococcus aurous can cause serious skin infections and salmonella and e-coli found on the handbags could make people very sick.

In one sampling, four of five handbags tested positive for salmonella, and that's not the worst of it. 'There is faecal contamination on the handbags' says Amy. Leather or vinyl handbags tended to be cleaner than cloth handbags, and lifestyle seemed to play a role.

People with kids tended to have dirtier handbags than those without, with one exception.

The handbag of one single woman who frequented nightclubs had one of the worst contaminations of all.

'Some type of faeces or possibly vomit,' says Amy.

So the moral of this story is that your handbag won't kill you, but it does have the potential to make you very sick if you keep it on places where you eat. Use hooks to hang your handbag at home and in toilets, and don't put it on your desk, a restaurant table, or on your kitchen countertop.

Experts say you should think of your handbag the same way you would a pair of shoes.

'If you think about putting a pair of shoes on your countertops, that's the same thing you're doing when you put your handbag on the countertops.'

Your handbag has gone where individuals before you have walked, sat, sneezed, coughed, spat, urinated, emptied bowels, etc!

Do you really want to bring that home with you?

The microbiologists at Nelson also said cleaning a handbag will help. Wash cloth handbags and use leather cleaner to clean the bottom of leather handbags.

THIS IS WORTH SHARING!!! PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO YOUR GRANDMOTHERS, MOMS, DAUGHTERS, GRANDDAUGHTERS AND GIRLFRIENDS!!!

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=chika+ike+hand+bag&client=ms-android-tecno&prmd=inv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-q9qSwuHZAhULI8AKHZhYCXsQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=XNbnrTvcPPa9UM:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by ameri9ja: 1:43am On Mar 10, 2018
Truly worth sharing and front page.

Lalasticlala
Myn44
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by Skepticus: 11:22am On Mar 10, 2018
grin

Anyone with a functional brain would know that behind the outward facade of beauty in ladies, lies a background of filth and dirtiness.

Like MTN, it's everywhere they go!

2 Likes

Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by frankbonus(m): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2018
It never occur to me. Ok should we wash the bag before eaten or hand?
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by Omololaeni(f): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2018
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by Uyiii: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2018
very informative.
I hope they have sense to adhere to this very hygienic routine because the priority of majority of them right now is to form slay queens everywhere taking charge of the front seat belts of any fine car.

nansix;

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by chibike69: 11:24am On Mar 10, 2018
so women una pvssy neva do una to dey carry disease

na for handbag una dey carry am now

SMH

God help us

grin grin grin
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by SSAwhistleblowe: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2018
True.. so many ladies are dirty ... fine face.. slaying body but dirty personality. Pay them a surprise visit and you would be shocked at the discovery of how dirty they are.. I know some are clean but many are dirty..
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by NwaAmaikpe: 11:25am On Mar 10, 2018
shocked

It is easy to bash girls for carrying dirty bags.
How about men that carry dirty scrotal sacs?

Like my people will aptly put it,
"Akpa dirty ka akpa amu di dirty nma".

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by PETUK(m): 11:26am On Mar 10, 2018
If a woman does not kill a man they'll live longer than Methuselah
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by MhizzAJ(f): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2018
All the guys above me saying ladies are very dirty should STFU undecided
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by billynoni(m): 11:52am On Mar 10, 2018
OP you wicked, you want them to leave their expensive Gucci and Chanel bags behind while they use the ladies?.......................With what will they catwalk and "show" others they are bigz gal?
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by DuBLINGreenb(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2018
Something must kill a man but not bags
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by rawtouch: 1:24pm On Mar 10, 2018
dangerous..
Re: Take Care Of Your Handbags, Briefcases And Gym Bags by MrsSandman: 5:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
Oh wow I never thought that people would have to question the fact that they need to keep their bags clean. I mean as a lady myself I have multiple bags like handbags, and over the shoulder bags, and ever a few gym bags that I constantly use and I always do take them to the dry cleaners and always take care of my bags so they are in pristine condition, especially my gym bags (I have a few from canvas ones to leather bags, and even a backpack), because those are always filled with sweaty clothes and sneakers and who knows what is going on in those locker rooms, so like you should always be cautions of those.

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Kola Can Neutralize Poisons 100% / Mohammed Adoke Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Facts About Colorectal Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.