Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Are Linkedin And Twitter Truely The Hardest Of Social Media Platforms? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are Linkedin And Twitter Truely The Hardest Of Social Media Platforms? (299 Views)

8 Years Facebook Account ,9 Years Linkedin And 9 Years Instagram Account 4 Sale / Easy Selling Ideas On Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin And Other Social Platforms / 10 Importance Of Social Media To Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Linkedin And Twitter Truely The Hardest Of Social Media Platforms? by tmogba4(m): 7:43am On Mar 10, 2018
A lot of times, I hear people say that twitter and LinkedIn are the hardest of social media platforms ever. The reason to that is not farfetched as they haven't quite analyzed why it is hard!
With all sincerity, I used to believe the same thing years ago. All I did was create accounts on these platforms and many others just because others did.

Little did I know that there are techniques to apply in order to make it easier for me.
Also, all I was after is having millions of likes just like celebrities we see all around us but I was quite ignorant that these celebrities already built a reputation for themselves by offering value to people they call their fans.

Is it that likes are not important?

That's not my point at all. My point is what's the need for having series of likes that you don't offer value? You make a post and yet no one can make a good comment about it or even like it.

Like the many, I kept of having the feeling that LinkedIn and Twitter are the toughest social media platforms existing on planet earth. Time they say causes things to change, either for the good, the bad or the ugly. Truely, my idea changed about social media after I discovered that the problem was from me and not the social media platforms.

Today, I will show you problems I discovered below:

1. Use: There's this common saying, "when the use of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable". I kept abusing social media platforms since I had no clear knowledge of how to use them to my own satisfaction. As a business development savvy that I was, I kept seeking for kept seeking for likes in the wrong manner and on the wrong platform but when I understood the differences, things took a U-turn for me.

2. Approach: As a retailer, I discovered that I can use Facbook and even Instagram to promote my products but I still didn't succeed at it because I used the wrong approach. Instagram requires short contents and more of pictures but I made my posts too exhausting and this made me get likes from only people that wish to make me happy with myself.

3. Putting the Horse before The Cart: Being on social media entails that put the cart before the horse and not the other way round. I always placed the horse before the cart when I would outrightly say, "buy this for this amount" or "50% discount on this product". Selling products is a great idea but the question is, who are you selling to?
The aim of social media existing in the first place is so that we can socialize. Socializing simply means forming a network. I didn't form the network to showcase my products to but after discovering my mistake, I went in search for networks to form both home and abroad and even though I've not hit my target, I am quite satisfied with my efforts to an extent.

4. Connecting with the wrong networks: Joining a network of people is not enough but joining or forming a network of the right set of people. People that you either share the same views, people that have the same goal as you, people that have the same driving force as you, people in the same career as you, people that you share the same interest. Having this right set of people in my network enabled me market my products and get seen with ease. Some even end up becoming customers.

5. Incomplete Profile: Of course LinkedIn would be the toughest thing on planet earth when my profile was forever incomplete. Having an incomplete profile is like going to an occasion, giving a powerful speech and introducing yourself but forgetting to give a brief description of how people can reach you. Definitely, they would give you a round of applause and perhaps a standing ovation but once you leave that place, you become history. Your social media profile serves as your business card and it would be ideal to leave "leave no stone unturned"

The list of problems I encountered are exhausting but I'll put a hault for the purpose of this post.

In summary, it's going to be hard but hard is not impossible. Discover the right place, the right approach, the right strategy and the perfect connection and you'll see it's all going to be easier and faster.

If this piece happens to be of great value to you, do like, comment and/or share so that others can benefit from it also.

Are you facing any social media challenge...especially on LinkedIn and Twitter?

It's not just about the likes but about the loyalty and retention.

You can like my blog on Facebook for more interesting topics.

You can ask whatever question that's troubling your mind but if you have a question you'll rather ask privately, you may chat me up on whatsapp, 08136495877 or send me an email to tmogba4@gmail.com

Image Reference: http://www.beautythroughthebeast.com/affirmations/2015/6/5/its-not-impossible

(1) (Reply)

Learn Hadoop From Habanero Data / Am Revealing A Secret To Generate Email/phone Database / Blessing Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.