Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? (4265 Views)

Traditional Rites To Follow In Acquiring A Bride In Mbaise. / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by DOnlooker(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
billybaby:

Graduating from University
Going for my NYSC Posting and getting it completed
Leaving an independent life
Getting married
Giving birth
Watching my children grown into a full fledged adults
Being present as they marry one after another and enjoying an aged life with them
Celebrating my golden jubilee in marriage
Marking one hundred years on earth
Exiting this planet earth after my first son marked his seventh birthday.
Being in heaven with the host of angels singing Hallelujah to the most high God with His son Jesus Christ being present at His right hand side.
Hmm, so your dying and leaving behind a seven year old son is or will be one of your favorite Rites of Passage ?
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by lekside44(m): 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
the day i will land on the moon
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by akbtunes: 5:24am On Oct 30, 2010
first time i toasted a girl (in primary six, ended up beating her)
when i entered boarding school (sent to a junior seminary guess mum thought i was too stubborn)
and passing out of NYSC
all else am yet to experience or not worth remembering, i guess

animal. grin grin grin no wonder mama sent u to a seminary grin
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by madlady(f): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2010
@Topic hmm it's too hard to choose one.

1. My first trip to Jamaica.
2. My first job.
3. My first home.
4. My first date with my ex.
5. My first pet of my own, my bad tempered cat.
6. The first time I actually received money for a painting
7. My first car, an old rust bucket.
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by illusion2: 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2010
I'm sorry I'm picking on this,but I've heard it so many times its getting to me:

krazied:

when i entered boarding school (sent to a junior seminary guess mum thought i was too sturborn)

You didn't 'enter' boarding school. . . .you got admitted into or gained admission .

You're probably Yoruba. . . hence the direct mis-translation. . . . "mo wo boarding school" into English.

Once again sory to pick on this,but its quite relevant. . .cheers  wink
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by Jarus(m): 7:53am On Nov 04, 2010
I also entered shoe ( mo wo bata) grin
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2010
illusion2:

I'm sorry I'm picking on this,but I've heard it so many times its getting to me:

You didn't 'enter' boarding school. . . .you got admitted into or gained admission .

You're probably Yoruba. . . hence the direct mis-translation. . . . "mo wo boarding school" into English.

Once again sory to pick on this,but its [b]quire [/b]relevant. . .cheers  wink

Quite, sweetie, quite.

LOL I'm not an expert in placing one in a tribe by just   reading their grammatical errors tho. You have to teach me.

@post

First Ekiti Ibile school dance ---> We had those cute orange and multicolored ilekes.
First time in school ---> I climbed over the school fence, ran back home, got chased around by my grandma with her broom.
First time in Lagos ---> Terrible/Horrible, I wanted to go back to my village.
First time in a plane ---> worst experience ever!
First time in Elementary school --> I was "different", my teachers thought I was weird cuz I called them aunty and uncle. lol
First time away to college ---> me and my mom cried and talked every hour ahaha!
First few yrs on NL ---> I realize how complex Nigeria really is.
[s]First 43 yrs on earth ---> The world still revolves around me. [/s]
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by africhika(f): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2010
getting my master's degree

@kabukabu50, are u holding a MAN PURSE?
grin

Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by chic2pimp(m): 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[s]First 43 yrs on earth ---> The world still revolves around me. [/s]
You are troublemaker sha ahn ahn tongue
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by lind2011(f): 11:36pm On Jan 23, 2012
God bless NIGERIA.
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by gomeek(f): 12:56am On Jan 31, 2012
First BestFriend(lost him to death's icy hands)
first job(at 15)
first assignment,exams and Results in Uni(God is Faithful)
first moment of heavy depression.
Lemme take a pause. . .
Re: Rites Of Passage - What's Your Most Favoured ? by ifyalways(f): 9:50am On Jan 31, 2012
First baby(ies)!

Was just looking @ them for months and wondering how mixture of sweats and fluids could lead to them.God is awesome.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Satanic Cult That Rules The World / The Greeks And The Romans / Are Yoruba Changing Bight Of Benin To Bight Of Oyo? Or Was It Truly Bight Of Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.