Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? (5419 Views)

Photo: See This Corper's Shocking Answer To An NYSC Official (hilarious) / How To Correct Date Of Birth Error - NYSC Batch C 2014 / How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Pookiepie: 9:17pm On Apr 29, 2010
Hi Nairalanders, please I need your help.  I am a foreign trained graduate and I am considering returning to Nigeria to serve for NYSC.  Someone told me there is usually a Batch C starting in October/November time.  Is this true?

If so, when and how would I need to go about registering?  I can't seem to find this info on the NYSC website.

Much thanks in advance  grin
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Exponental(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2010
Yes. Batch a 4 march, b 4 june, c 4 sept. 100days interval. Batch c 4 last yr are still active in service till date. So, take d step, it is not a risk.
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Pookiepie: 10:18pm On May 03, 2010
Thanks! Any idea about when the registration of foreign trained garduates for batch c would be? Also, is there a contact telephone number for the NYSC head office? Thanks so much! God bless.
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by nat138: 2:20am On May 07, 2010
@[b]poster,
you have to go back home and do all the required registrations and all at NYSC yourself.
u cannot call or get any workable information to contact them where u are.
have u finished schooling? if yes the earlier u go back and start the processes the better for u.
if no, immediately u finish and get ur results just go and start. but bear in mind that if u say u want to contact
them on the phone or through emails, u won't be attended to.
[/b][/b]
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Pookiepie: 11:53pm On May 23, 2010
Yes, I have graduated. I am currently working and my last day at my job is at the end of July. I just want to see something somewhere that confirms there will be a batch c this year. No where on the NYSC website seems to have any evidence that the batch c exists or has ever existed. Is it just a trial thing they are doing?

Someone please help! If you work near their maitama office, is there someone there to ask or a contact you can give me? I have an aunt in abuja, If I were to send her to find out, where would be the best place for her to go?

Thank you very much!
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by nat138: 10:49am On May 24, 2010
[size=8pt][b]I guess there is definately a batch C this year and maybe there isn't much publicity about it because is relatively new, it was introduced as a means of reducing the number of graduates that wait to go on the scheme on a yearly basis and it has been effective so far.
Since ur aunt stays in abuja, let her go to NYSC office, I think is in maitama and find out for u as well as the procedures.
Since ur last day on ur job is in July, U can come back after then and get ur paper work done before nov.
All the best.
[/b]
[/size]
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Dellicious: 1:40pm On May 25, 2010
I was just wondering about Batch C as well. I missed the registration for Batch B. Somebody told me NOvember, anyone knows when the dates will be ? Plus,Can i register way earlier than we are required to? I will be in NIgeria next month and will be coming back after 3wks. I have no idea on how to go about all this things, I need informations plssssssss!!
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Pookiepie: 9:52pm On May 30, 2010
@Dellicious, I have no idea, i'm in a bit of a pickle myself as you can see from the above. Please if you find any more information, do post on here for me. Thanks!
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Laughter1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ POOKIE PIE

Interesting Topic. I am a foreign trained Nigerian graduate too and also looking foward to get NYSC out of the way. I believe there's a batch C this year though its not yet on the nysc website. You would haveto go to Abuja for registration and to pick up call up letter. The documents below are what you need to take with you to Abuja (as copied from NYSC website) grin

MOBILISATION OF FOREIGN-TRAINED NIGERIAN GRADUATES INTO / EXEMPTION AND CLEARANCE FROM NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS SCHEME.

A) Mobilisation

Nigerian foreign trained graduates will have to report at the Directorate before they shall be rnobilised for service in the National YouthServiceCorpsScheme. They should note that like the home trained graduates, they have no choice ofwhere to serve. A prospective Corps member will be mobilised for NYSC if he is under the age of 3O or had graduated before the age of 30.

(B) REQUIREMENTS

Original and Photocopy each of all academic credentials including:

a) First Degree Certificate BA, B.SC, HND.

b) Complete transcriptof the degree or HND

c) Marks Sheets ( for Indian schools only)

d) ' O'Levels i.e WASC, WAEC, GCE, SSCE, NECO,IGCE, high school Dilopma 'or High School Diploma

e)Registration certificate with Medical Dental Council of Nigeria ( for doctors only)

f) Registration certificate with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria ( for Pharmacists only)

g) Nigeria International passport Showing the following:

i) First Departure date from Nigeria

ii) Student Visa

iii) Last arrival date into Nigeria

h)Three (3) Passport size photographs

(C) CALL-UP LETTER

In accordance with the decree which established the Scheme, only the eligible candidate ( Nigeria foreign training graduate) will collect a call-up letter for service in the NYSC scheme from the Directorate
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Laughter1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 08, 2010
The only thing I find worrying is that they now state on their website that we foreign trained graduates of no choice of where to serve, like home students cry , This was contradictory to what many people claim that Int'l students are allowed to choose where to serve.
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
@ Laughter 1

Yes, they actually did let foriegn trained grads choose their state of deployment, but ever since the nw director general (Tsiga) took over, he has changed the rules trying to remove what they called fovoritism towards foriegn grads. This was done cause they realized that grads from outside Nigeria only chose Lagos and Abuja as their choices for deployment.

@ Topic

I need info on the Batch C registration for International students please. A friend needs it fast. Thanks.
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Laughter1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2010
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Laughter1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
I don't have any info on Batch C registration for foreign students yet. I m still waiting for them to release the timetable for Batch C on their website (nysc.gov.ng), I really hope they will let us choose where we want to serve ooo
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Hotstepper(f): 5:18am On Aug 10, 2010
I was told that it will hold and we have till at least 3rd week in October to apply. They are slow in updating their website and they dont until the batch is ready to go for camp nd then they will bring out the schedule etc. And yes, forget about what their website says, foreign students still get to choose!
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Chienye(f): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2010
I've been wondering as well. I heard the registration began 2 weeks a go I actually planned on going back mid next month. Now, I don't know,

Really pleased with 'hotstepper's' comment tho, x
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Hotstepper(f): 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2010
@Chienye, still go next month oo nd make sure u go with everything nd make photocopies. I am going next month 2
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by stagger: 12:33am On Aug 12, 2010
I want to bid for a contract to do some of the NYSC uniforms. Procurement notices usually come out two months in advance so if I see one, then there will be a Batch C.
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Laughter1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2010
Hotstepper:

I was told that it will hold and we have till at least 3rd week in October to apply. They are slow in updating their website and they dont until the batch is ready to go for camp nd then they will bring out the schedule etc. And yes, forget about what their website says, foreign students still get to choose!

yea thats true, they very slow in updating their mediocre website, I hope so too Hotstepper, things are gonna get messy, if we can't choose where to serve. Where r u planning to attend orientation camp?
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Hotstepper(f): 3:19am On Aug 13, 2010
@Laughter1, dont worry we will be allowed to. I will attend camp nd serve sumwhere in da Middle Belt, Need to mingle with National Students tongue
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by LadyDee1(f): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ hotstepper so Batch C is for sure confirmed?
I too have to travel for my NYSC this year, My grandmothers death has only confirmed it is a MUST i go back for registration for Batch C in abuja and her funeral,

I think i will just go ahead and book tickets to arrange myself and then when oreintation camp starts I'll come back to start it,
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Ejiafam: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2010
hello, batch C NYSC registration commenced 16th Aug-15th Sept 2010. am a foreign trained graduate too. Just passed out in June.
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by LadyDee1(f): 9:04am On Aug 18, 2010
Where did you get that information? Ive been on the website looking for the batch c dates for registration almost everyday,
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Hotstepper(f): 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
@Lady Dee, hez right, da info is also on the NYSC website
http://www.nysc.gov.ng/mobtable2010C.php
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by LadyDee1(f): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2010
Thanks for that, but im uessing there is a typo on that timetable since at the end it says Orientation camp batch B?
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Hotstepper(f): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2010
yes but we all know its suppose to be BATCH C
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Ejiafam: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2010
Call Mrs Sumwimi she is a staff of NYSC HQ Abuja:
234(0)8051149890 to confirm Registration of international Student had started or if there would be a Batch C.

cheers
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Laughter1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
Registration started already in Abuja since Monday. Good luck to you guys going Lady Dee, Hot stepper etc. I ve had to change my mind last minute, lool, I'd be doing mine after Masters. Hope you guys get the state you want. cheerio
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by ElDamzy: 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2010
Hello Nairalanders.
Please does any1 have an idea exactly when the registration for foreign-trained graduates ends? Officially, they say its 15th September. But am hearing rumors dt it would be extended. What I want 2 knw is how long the extension is. Thank you.
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by rockzy(f): 4:12am On Sep 20, 2010
i'm a foreign trained graduate, will be part of the batch c programme, we were asked to come get our call up letter oct 21-25th

ofcorse that was after i submitted all my requirements at their office in abuja
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by gcdeka: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2010
hey rockzy,
when did you do the registration? was it before the September 16 supposed deadline? I am planning to register next month but I wonder if I will still be allowed then.
Please let me know if you have any suggestion
Re: Is There An Nysc Batch C 2010? by Hotstepper(f): 3:50am On Sep 23, 2010
@rockzy, what did u submit?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Issue Of 'change Of Name': How To Go About It. / 2016 Batch A Stream 1 Online Relocation / You Need To Make Money As A Corper! Options

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.