Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,731 members, 7,844,404 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

SPORTS FA Fines Guardiola £20,000 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SPORTS FA Fines Guardiola £20,000 (263 Views)

Lagos Bus Service Deploys "Cowry Cards", Gives Out 20,000 Cards / #endsars Protests: Serap Asks Nbc To Withdraw 'illegal Fines On Channels Tv, Ait / London Arbitration Tribunal Fines Nigeria $8.9b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SPORTS FA Fines Guardiola £20,000 by Thejournalng046: 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
Home SPORTS FA fines guardiola £20,000
SPORTS
FA fines guardiola £20,000
By JournalNg - March 9, 201840

Manchester City coach, Pep Guardiola, has been fined £20,000 and cautioned not to repeat the conduct in future after admitting an FA charge for displaying a political message.

Guardiola has continued to wear a yellow ribbon in support of convicted politicians in his native Catalonia, but the dress code went against the FA’s kit and advertising regulations.

Guardiola says he’ll comply with the FA regulations prohibiting him from putting the ribbon during matches.

FA chief, Martin Glenn, has already apologized for his comments about the ribbon.

“Mr Glenn has apologised, so okay. But the first impression when I heard that is that it was because he didn’t understand what the yellow ribbon means. It’s simple like that.

“He make a comment that is so far away [from what the yellow ribbon means]. It’s not about independence or not independence.

“It’s about four people who are in jail when they didn’t do anything to be in jail. It’s simple. I think now he will understand because he didn’t understand the reality of the situation.

“Many times I have spoken myself and after I regret what I said, but I am sure now that is not going to happen [with Glenn].

“There are FA rules, they have them and they apply them. I accept the decision because I have to. That doesn’t mean they are right or wrong. It doesn’t mean I agree or don’t agree.

“I said from the beginning if the FA said I shouldn’t wear the ribbon, I accept it. The yellow ribbon is always going to be there. There are still people in prison in an unfair way,” Guardiola said.

Source: journalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/03/09/fa-fines-guardiola-20000/

(1) (Reply)

April Edition! Learn To Build An Online Course Website FREE - 08029345672 / Nairalander Drops New Single. #born To Rule. / Zaza 'emotional' After Italy Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.