Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Are Nigerian Truly One? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nigerian Truly One? (1116 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Soldiers So Barbaric..Read this / Where On Earth Is Chief Oladeinde Fenandez? Nigerian's Truly Richest Man. / Why Are Nigerian States Mostly One-city States? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Nigerian Truly One? by Beline(f): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2007
There is this issue that bordered me alot, you get to a yard and see tribal division and in the office the same which prompt the question ARE NIGERIAN TRULY ONE?
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by LoverBwoy(m): 8:05pm On Mar 09, 2007
so you mean the yorubas and igbos dont like each other hmmm im sure its the northerners fault grin

Dont let it bother you; see the person before their tribe wink
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by abdkabir(m): 1:13am On Mar 10, 2007
[center][size=20pt]NAIJA FOR EVER[/size][/center]
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by Tornadoz(m): 1:17am On Mar 10, 2007
The answer is No. I wish we were.
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2008
What kind of question is that?
Are you aware that hundreds of easterners are being slaughtered every year in the north in the name of religion?
If you cant detect the answer to your question with this clue, then you seek help ASAP.
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by ajadrage: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2008
Nigeria is actually one state, but we are made up of many peoples. This is not strange as the same applies to the US, Canadians and even many other`African ststes. It is the failure at integration that has been the bane of Nigerias unity as politicians, taking a cue from the colonial Britain have successively kept us divided via divide and rule tactics, double standards, ethnicity, religion and the many other divisive factors employed over the years. Being very aware that it is only when the ranks of the people are divided that exploitation and oppression can successfully take place.

But talk to the ordinary Nigerian on the street and he'll tell you he's best friend is actually from another tribe or that he is less concerned whether his neighbor is a Hausa or Efik. Common Nigerians all face the sams struggle and it is that struggle that binds us. Naija na one, na the heart e dey, and the one Naija is a dream that would be realised soon, whether the wicked politicians and oppressors like it or not. . .
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by ezer(m): 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2008
Beline:

There is this issue that bordered me alot, you get to a yard and see tribal division and in the office the same which prompt the question ARE NIGERIAN TRULY ONE?

ask the northerners. we want to be one, we are one, but the northerners wont accept that. i pity this country cry
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 15, 2008
ajadrage:

Nigeria is actually one state, but we are made up of many peoples. This is not strange as the same applies to the US, Canadians and even many other`African ststes. It is the failure at integration that has been the bane of Nigerias unity as politicians, taking a cue from the colonial Britain have successively kept us divided via divide and rule tactics, double standards, ethnicity, religion and the many other divisive factors employed over the years. Being very aware that it is only when the ranks of the people are divided that exploitation and oppression can successfully take place.

But talk to the ordinary Nigerian on the street and he'll tell you he's best friend is actually from another tribe or that he is less concerned whether his neighbor is a Hausa or Efik. Common Nigerians all face the sams struggle and it is that struggle that binds us. Naija na one, na the heart e dey, and the one Naija is a dream that would be realised soon, whether the wicked politicians and oppressors like it or not. . .
Common. . . . stop the joke OK?
Even some Palestinians have some Israelis as brothers and friends likewise the south and north Koreans.
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by tpia: 4:29am On Aug 16, 2008
ajadrage:

Nigeria is actually one state, but we are made up of many peoples. This is not strange as the same applies to the US, Canadians and even many other`African ststes.

as simple as that.

Dont know why this basic fact is so hard for people to grasp.

Every single successful country in today's world is a melting pot of various peoples.

Its mainly Nigerians that carry their differences on their heads in perpetual mourning and whining. As if they're experiencing something no one has ever experienced before.

Even all the so called tribes still have their own subdivisions. They arent united never mind all the lies people spout when they're trying to deceive themselves.

I saw an old map in one of the foreign museums that nearly made my eyes jump out of my head. The depiction of the various Nigerian tribes would make many "nationalists" here gasp in shock.

shior.
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by Sagamite(m): 5:59am On Aug 16, 2008
Are British truly one?

Are Americans truly one?

Are Spanish truly one?

Are Belgians truly one?

Are Australians truly one?

Are South Africans truly one?

Are Russians truly one?

Are Finnish truly one?

Are they?

Shut the f-ck up and go and achieve something with your life instead of trying to steer up some rubbish!

slowpoke!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by Riskie(f): 6:13am On Aug 16, 2008
The people of a country don't have to be one to make a country function properly or for it  to prosper. After all the people of the countries that Sagamite mentioned have tribes and racial differences existing within them and they seem to be doing quite well.

Plus why are people always blaming all Nigeria's problems on the north I know that some of them in government are theives, but when Ibos or Yorubas are in positions of power and they can make positive changes, they steal too and forget their people and the promises they made to improve the situation. Perhaps if people would stop pointing the finger at others and did something productive, things would be better for them.
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by Kobojunkie: 6:26am On Aug 16, 2008
Sagamite:

Are British truly one?

Are Americans truly one?

Are Spanish truly one?

Are Belgians truly one?

Are Australians truly one?

Are South Africans truly one?

Are Russians truly one?

Are Finnish truly one?

Are they?

Shut the f-ck up and go and achieve something with your life instead of trying to steer up some rubbish!

slowpoke!!!

Best response to post so far!!! roflmao!!
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by jumobi1(m): 7:34am On Aug 16, 2008
Poor economic conditions cause division. Nigerians aren't truely one but we Nigerians in the U.S feel like one when we chill with each other. I don't feel igbo and my friends don't feel yoruba. Its ignorance and poverty that causes all this division.
Re: Are Nigerian Truly One? by Nwaka77: 3:09am On Aug 17, 2008
No they are not! Tribalism continues to eat into all facets of Naija just like rascism eats into all facets of American society. I give up on people undecided

(1) (Reply)

Baba Gana Kingbe Becomes Sgf / Pdp Wins Ibeju/lekki Re Run Polls In Lagos / April Fool In October: Bode George Sentenced To 2 Years And 6 Months In Prison?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.