Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

What You Can Learn From Methuselah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Can Learn From Methuselah (470 Views)

Methuselah Died In The Great Flood? / Why Did Methuselah Live For 969 years? / Do Muslims See Methuselah As The Oldest Man That Ever Lived? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Can Learn From Methuselah by sketcherJ(m): 8:24am On Mar 11, 2018
So I have heard some pastors preach and a lot of people say that Methuselah the world's oldest man that ever lived was not really important, his life was not really useful just because the bible only recorded the years the poor man spent on earth and not his achievements and I am always like "what! you kidding me or what? you mean a man who was wise and smart enough to spend a nine hundred and sixty nine(969!) years on earth was not useful! you must be kidding!"

Let me analyze it clearer for you..going by 969 years, if Methuselah had died this year(2018), he would have been born in 1049 AD... gawd, he would have seen all the revolutions! experienced most of the things that is being taught in our history class,the battle of Hastings! bubonic plauge!American civil war!.many vampires even though they are myths don't even get to live that long, when he was 200 years old, I can bet a dollar that he was still as strong as a 30 year old man, ..we have a lot to learn from the lifestyle and years of Methuselah on earth..this post is not written to add to the bible ,or deduct from it (no sir!) but just speculations into Methuselah's lifestyle that could have made him live that long and what can we learn from them..check them out..

He lived a healthy lifestyle: although Methuselah was not a king, we can conclude that he didn't eat the best ,but he ate healthy foods that did well to his body and his immune system, he must have done some couple of exercises too(though funny, but yes) to keep fit and live that long..he wouldn't have smoked(if it was available then) and he wouldn't have been a lover of alcohol.so if you want a good shot at Methuselah's years on earth, you d better lived a healthy lifestyle..

He minded his business: Trust me, you can't live that long like if you don't mind your business, Methuselah must have been a gentle,easygoing man who paddled his own canoe, and went about minding his own business.. you want to be 969? mind your business!

He was careful: Methuselah must have been very careful in his decisions , to have lived that long, I an sure huldn't have been the man who arrived at hasty decisions.. he would have thought then through before going for one(he had a lotta time on his hands)..Don't make hasty decisions ..it reduces lifespan

He was a likeable person: Methuselah must have been a likeable person with nice characters to have lived that long, so people that lived then were not freaked out by his age, they live and let him live,if he had been a bad person with a lot of hate going for him, he wouldn't have lived that long..improve on your characters ..it might take you places or let me say ages..

Source:
http://www.dandywriter.com/2018/03/what-you-can-learn-from-methuselah.html

Lalasticlala, Oam4j , ishilove happy Sunday
Re: What You Can Learn From Methuselah by sketcherJ(m): 8:25am On Mar 11, 2018
Re: What You Can Learn From Methuselah by KendrickAyomide: 8:31am On Mar 11, 2018
Oga. Methuselah story na Lie.. nobody can Live 900 Years abeg
Re: What You Can Learn From Methuselah by sketcherJ(m): 8:47am On Mar 11, 2018
KendrickAyomide State your facts as to why it is not possible
Re: What You Can Learn From Methuselah by sketcherJ(m): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2018
Cc: OAM4j
Re: What You Can Learn From Methuselah by KendrickAyomide: 9:10am On Mar 11, 2018
sketcherJ:
KendrickAyomide State your facts as to why it is not possible
the way we calculate dates now is not the same with 2000 years ago na

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of The Lord. / Muric React To Can’s Threat Of War If Leah Sharibu Dies / A Pastor Ask My Girl Friend To Swear By The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.