Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia (4046 Views)

Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Federal Government Orders Bodies Of Four Nigerians Executed In Indonesia / Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by hedoyad(m): 11:35am On May 01, 2010
006:

So sad, so sad. cry
All you folks talking trash, you don't know what it is growing up in Nigeria with no one to pull you up!
Some of you are living in abroad; some are from rich families or someone to help you.
Do you know what is means for your mother to sell green leave to train you up to University only for you to end up jobless and hopeless?
I bet you, when this drive to raise some money and come back to Nigeria and start a business dies, what we’ll have left is high level of SUICIDE, it won't be long.

True talk my guy. Unfortunately i don't think that such desperation should drive one to take such a monumental risk; may be Europe, but not those draconian Islamic countries.
Right now i know a family personally whose first child of was beginning to raise the family up from grass, building stuff and sending younger ones to school. Hadn't seen him for sometime and recently found out the reason is cos the dude is in jail in Ghana for for you know what. He's not igbo by the way but i guess majority of the offenders caught usually are.
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by chidyke77(m): 1:35pm On May 01, 2010
@frosbel
how do you know they are from Anambra bt even if they were,does it has anytin to do wt frosbel?
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 01, 2010
chidyke77:

@frosbel
how do you know they are from Anambra bt even if they were,does it has anytin to do wt frosbel?

I was just having a laugh, btw I am Imo, my wife is Anambra. grin
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by justwise(m): 2:25pm On May 01, 2010
006:

So sad, so sad. cry
All you folks talking trash, you don't know what it is growing up in Nigeria with no one to pull you up!
Some of you are living in abroad; some are from rich families or someone to help you.
Do you know what is means for your mother to sell green leave to train you up to University only for you to end up jobless and hopeless?
I bet you, when this drive to raise some money and come back to Nigeria and start a business dies, what we’ll have left is high level of SUICIDE, it won't be long.

Please stop talking rubbish, things are hard to many pple in Nigeria and they did not result to drug dealing, pple are too greedy, they want flashy cars and show off when they come back to Nigeria. I said tough luck to everyone of them. There is no excuse for drug dealing.
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 01, 2010
justwise:

Please stop talking rubbish, things are hard to many pple in Nigeria and they did not result to drug dealing, pple are too greedy, they want flashy cars and show off when they come back to Nigeria. I said tough luck to everyone of them. There is no excuse for drug dealing.

Best statement so far.

How some Nigerians can twist their brains to think anti-clockwise is beyond me.

No one forced them to peddle drugs.

If they had suceeded, they will probably be in Lagos somewhere driving hummers and living boastful lives.

No excuse for their action whatsoever.
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by justwise(m): 2:39pm On May 01, 2010
frosbel:

Best statement so far.
How some Nigerians can twist their brains to think anti-clockwise is beyond me.
No one forced them to peddle drugs.

If they had suceeded, they will probably be in Lagos somewhere driving hummers and living boastful lives.
No excuse for their action whatsoever.
And their parents will give thanksgiving in church, they will be sending wrong message to pple back home who  are struggling to make ends meet  .
They will all thing the moment u cross the border you will make it.
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by texazzpete(m): 3:03pm On May 01, 2010
justwise:

And their parents will give thanksgiving in church, they will be sending wrong message pple back home who are struggling to make ends meet .
They will all thing the moment u cross the border you will make it.

Agreed!

I have no sympathy for these people, and i couldn't care less if they were executed right this minute. Drug smuggling in Indonesia is punishable by death, despite knowing this some people still attempted to do this and got caught and you expect me to feel sorry for them?
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by Afam(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2010
The rules are clear. Punishment for such crimes remains death.

There is no excuse that can be made for those that have been sentenced to death. Problems present enough opportunities for us to make money by providing solutions but it seems that some of us are only interested in the get rich quick schemes and deals.

If you are old enough to peddle hard drugs then you should be man enough to face the death penalty like a man.

This is a choice, no one was forced into doing this so there would be no tears shed for people like these.
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by labiyemmy(m): 3:40pm On May 01, 2010
and who will you blame for this? Government? Just like you will blame government for someone who goes to another man;s country to break laws they know the re percussion. If the country is so bad, then why hasnt everyone turned to crooks, thieves and armed robbers? why do some people still struggle through hardwork?
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by 006(m): 4:09pm On May 01, 2010
justwise:

Most of these guys are only trying to eat, not to have flashy cars. They all want to go to Europe but ended up in Indonesia and similar countries where there's no job for foreigners, so how do they survive? Already they were jobless and hopeless in Nigeria that's why they left; but when faced with problems in Indonesia, they sell drug to earn enough money to force their way to Europe.

I know all these because I grew up on the street and I knew the feelings.
I'll tell you that when it becomes clearer to folks that the Far East is a no option, and with Europe out of the equation because it's very difficult to go there, then you'll see graduates committing suicide in mass numbers.

Do I pity them, YES!
I do because of the sorry state of Nigeria where money meant for development that could create jobs is stolen for personal use.
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by Afanna1: 6:51pm On May 01, 2010
sad
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 01, 2010
Afam:

The rules are clear. Punishment for such crimes remains death.

There is no excuse that can be made for those that have been sentenced to death. Problems present enough opportunities for us to make money by providing solutions but it seems that some of us are only interested in the get rich quick schemes and deals.

If you are old enough to peddle hard drugs then you should be man enough to face the death penalty like a man.

This is a choice, no one was forced into doing this so there would be no tears shed for people like these.
end of discussion, thread locked and keys thrown in the lagoon.lol
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 01, 2010
006:

Most of these guys are only trying to eat, not to have flashy cars. They all want to go to Europe but ended up in Indonesia and similar countries where there's no job for foreigners, so how do they survive? Already they were jobless and hopeless in Nigeria that's why they left; but when faced with problems in Indonesia, they sell drug to earn enough money to force their way to Europe.

I know all these because I grew up on the street and I knew the feelings.
I'll tell you that when it becomes clearer to folks that the Far East is a no option, and with Europe out of the equation because it's very difficult to go there, then you'll see graduates committing suicide in mass numbers.

Do I pity them, YES!
I do because of the sorry state of Nigeria where money meant for development that could create jobs is stolen for personal use.

fortunately, the bbc documentary has shown clearly that it is not abut need, but greed - there are several struggling nigerians who are still finding honest ways to make ends meet, not sullying nigerias reputation and making nigerians strip search candidates at airports
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by justwise(m): 12:30am On May 02, 2010
006:

I know all these because I grew up on the street and I knew the feelings.I'll tell you that when it becomes clearer to folks that the Far East is a no option, and with Europe out of the equation because it's very difficult to go there, then you'll see graduates committing suicide in mass numbers.
Do I pity them, YES!
Please give me a break here, if they are that poor, how did they afford the ticket to Indonesia? How can dealing drug be the easiest thing to do to survive? Many of them are just greedy, get rich quick mentality, Taribo West grew up in the street and still made it in life. How many Nigerians were born rich?
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by 006(m): 7:13am On May 02, 2010
oyb:

fortunately, the bbc documentary has shown clearly that it is not abut need, but greed - there are several struggling nigerians who are still finding honest ways to make ends meet, not sullying nigerias reputation and making nigerians strip search candidates at airports

Till you find yourself in someone else shoes, you'll never know.

Maybe you are a graduate, you have a job, right? I wonder what you'll do when you have no job for 10 yrs and hopeless 

You think working in a refuse dumb as shown in the BBc documentary is easy? For a graduate, it's almost a no go.

I don't wish folks bad luck, but if I could, I'll say, stay jobless for only 2 years without any assistance from no one and see how you'll cope   angry

justwise:

Please give me a break here, if they are that poor, how did they afford the ticket to Indonesia? How can dealing drug be the easiest thing to do to survive? Many of them are just greedy, get rich quick mentality, Taribo West grew up in  the street and still made it in life. How many Nigerians were born rich?

How many of them have the talent of Taribo West?
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by KnowAll(m): 8:47am On May 02, 2010
[size=14pt]18 Nigerians to be executed, what are they waiting for, any man or woman who think he or she want or it is idle to make a quick buck by peddling in hard drugs in a Muslim Country should face the consequence of their action. The whole macrabe sitiuation smacks of blackmail, what does the Indonesian Goverment expect us as a nation to do, they have their laws and they should follow it through to its logical conclusion.  The other day a British National was hanged in China for peddling drugs despite her majesty's goverment protestation.

Why involve the Nigerian Goverment, do they want a bribe from our officials so that they can release them or better still not release, they should please get on with it, it is better than holding these condemned men and women as a bargaining chip,  it is bad enough that they have being adjuge to the gallows, the Indonasia Goverment should spare the families any more emotional toture and turmoil having already endeavoured it for 2 years.

At least if proceedings have taking its natural course 2 years ago the families would have taken succour and teach younger members of their communities of the brazen dastardly act of their lost Uncles and anties.

I implore the Indonesia goverment to get on with the Job and make sure they cremate the bodies as bringing them back home would bring un-nessary remainders, unbearable and untold hardship to the already distraught and out of pocket families.

[/size]
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by justwise(m): 10:11am On May 02, 2010
006:

Till you find yourself in someone else shoes, you'll never know.
Maybe you are a graduate, you have a job, right? I wonder what you'll do when you have no job for 10 yrs and hopeless
You think working in a refuse dumb as shown in the BBc documentary is easy? For a graduate, it's almost a no go.
I don't wish folks bad luck, but if I could, I'll say, stay jobless for only 2 years without any assistance from no one and see how you'll cope angry

How many of them have the talent of Taribo West?

Keep giving excuses for them, peddling drug is the answer to hardship
Re: 18 Nigerians Face Execution In Indonesia by 006(m): 5:09pm On May 02, 2010
justwise:

[/b]

Keep giving excuses for them, peddling drug is the answer to hardship

Peddling drug is never the answer to hardship, but when you find your sorry a.s.s in Indonesia where there's no job for foreigners, the only thing to do there is to peddle wraps. Like I told you, most of them sell drugs just to earn enough money to go to Europe and not to become rich in Indonesia!

Nigerians have to tell ourselves the truth and look inward to the root of these problems. Why should someone abandon his country for another country, not to talk of a muslim country?
We can deny all we could, we can abuse them all we could, we can call them f.ools all we could, but the problem remains. which like I said earlier, our leaders steal money meant for development that could create jobs for these folks here in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Independence Day Speech By Hon Patrick On Nigeria At 52 Years / Buhari Daughter's Security Detail Take Over Boutique / Gov Oshiomhole: “we Found Nothing Incriminating Against President Jonathan...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.