Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg (1132 Views)

What Is Your Car's MPG And How Are You Coping With This Fuel Price? / Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / Auto Guru, Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg by CharlesShaw(m): 10:13am On Mar 11, 2018
Hello everyone., I hav this lexus es300 2001 model v6. Please help me read the fuel consumption to know if its normal as this my first time wit v6. My previous ride was i4.
The fuel was on reserve tank showing red, I bought 2k fuel (11) litres and the fuel Guage got upto quarter tank. I'v done 18 miles from the odometer and the fuel range at the moment is showing 19 miles.
I don't know if this consumption is much as im not used to v6.
Tnx alot.
Cc; nurey, kingreign, mayor2013, GAZZUZZ, honmusa and all great people of car talk section.
Re: Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg by kingreign(m): 11:10am On Mar 11, 2018
CharlesShaw:
Hello everyone., I hav this lexus es300 2001 model v6. Please help me read the fuel consumption to know if its normal as this my first time wit v6. My previous ride was i4.
The fuel was on reserve tank showing red, I bought 2k fuel (11) litres and the fuel Guage got upto quarter tank. I'v done 18 miles from the odometer and the fuel range at the moment is showing 19 miles.
I don't know if this consumption is much as im not used to v6.
Tnx alot.
Cc; nurey, kingreign, mayor2013, GAZZUZZ, honmusa and all great people of car talk section.

Fill up your tank drive and record the distance it took till it got to reserve do this twice. Then gimme the distance I'd calculate it for you before I advice you.

By the way where you base?
Re: Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg by sultaan(m): 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
You buy a Lexus and 2.5 gallons of fuel and you are worried about fuel economy already. Seems you are not ready for the extreme cost of owning higher trims of cars
Re: Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg by CharlesShaw(m): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
kingreign:

Fill up your tank drive and record the distance it took till it got to reserve do this twice. Then gimme the distance I'd calculate it for you before I advice you.

By the way where you base?
Aii Boss. will do dat soonest. I'm based in eket. Tnx
Re: Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg by CharlesShaw(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2018
sultaan:
You buy a Lexus and 2.5 gallons of fuel and you are worried about fuel economy already. Seems you are not ready for the extreme cost of owning higher trims of cars
oga all I asked for was assessment of the fuel economy and I don't see anything wrong in dat.
Re: Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg by sultaan(m): 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2018
CharlesShaw:
oga all I asked for was assessment of the fuel economy and I don't see anything wrong in dat.

2.5 gallon is not enough to get accurate readings

Fill your tank up zero trip meter drive till needle reaches half way read trip distance and fill up tank again and not how much fuel from middle to full then calculate

1 Like

Re: Guru's Please Help Me Read My Cars Mpg by kingreign(m): 10:30pm On Mar 11, 2018
CharlesShaw:
Aii Boss. will do dat soonest. I'm based in eket. Tnx

Chat with me on whatsapp 07034581213

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Quest 2004 For Sale 650k (negotiable) / The Amazing Power Bank Car Battery Jump Starter / What Could Be Wrong With This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.