Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Military Harrassment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Military Harrassment (520 Views)

Police And Civil Defence Harrassment / Shocking: A US Based Nigerian Uber Man Involved In sexual Harrassment / I Smuggled Guns Into Nigeria Because Of Sars Harrassment – Man Post On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Military Harrassment by galaxi(m): 11:13pm On Mar 11, 2018
I just received a call from my younger brother, a final year undergraduate of a state university located in south east.
He have been mandated by some military guys to report to them by 10 am tomorrow with two other persons who are also his neighbors in the same lodge(hostel) because a girl (his co-tenant) claimed to have lost her phone in the lodge.
They soldiers gave them till 10 am tomorrow morning to provide the phone or pay #25000 (#75000) for the purchase of the lost phone.
My brother politely told them he is a final year student and have exams at the said time and they rejected his plead stating that he will be dealt with mercilessly if he fails to make himself available by 10 am with his part of the #75000.
Am very angry because no investigation was conducted by the soldiers, they just decided that her close neighbors most pay for the lost phone even when my brother have never been to her room or have any relationship with her. He was not even around at the time the girl reported about the stolen phone.
My brother only offence is that his room is very close to the girl’s room and the nearest three rooms most replace the phone.
I have called my lawyer and will be meeting him tomorrow morning! And follow it up legally.
Does it mean I can just wake up one morning and accuse my neighbors of stealing my #5m and involve soldiers and said amount is shared within them and I get paid?
Is this really the duty of a military man?
NIGERIA JAGA JAGA!!!!!
I have searched through goggle and couldn’t find the NA complainant phone no. or email.
I will appreciate if anyone shares it with me urgently.
Re: Military Harrassment by CaptainStephen(m): 12:03am On Mar 12, 2018
galaxi:
I just received a call from my younger brother, a final year undergraduate of a state university located in south east.
He have been mandated by some military guys to report to them by 10 am tomorrow with two other persons who are also his neighbors in the same lodge(hostel) because a girl (his co-tenant) claimed to have lost her phone in the lodge.
They soldiers gave them till 10 am tomorrow morning to provide the phone or pay #25000 (#75000) for the purchase of the lost phone.
My brother politely told them he is a final year student and have exams at the said time and they rejected his plead stating that he will be dealt with mercilessly if he fails to make himself available by 10 am with his part of the #75000.
Am very angry because no investigation was conducted by the soldiers, they just decided that her close neighbors most pay for the lost phone even when my brother have never been to her room or have any relationship with her. He was not even around at the time the girl reported about the stolen phone.
My brother only offence is that his room is very close to the girl’s room and the nearest three rooms most replace the phone.
I have called my lawyer and will be meeting him tomorrow morning! And follow it up legally.
Does it mean I can just wake up one morning and accuse my neighbors of stealing my #5m and involve soldiers and said amount is shared within them and I get paid?

Is this really the duty of a military man?
NIGERIA JAGA JAGA!!!!!
I have searched through goggle and couldn’t find the NA complainant phone no. or email.
I will appreciate if anyone shares it with me urgently.
Please call 193

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Harrassment by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 12, 2018
Your brother should report.

Only after his exam. But the tension might affect the boy composure.

Which state is that?

If it's Awka, there is an Artillery Regiment there?

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest 15-year-old SSS2 Pupil With Gun / Father, Two Sons In Police Net For Defiling 9-yr-old Child (photos) / Videos – Violent Riot At Abuja Gosa Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.