Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Official Procedure For Acquiring Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Official Procedure For Acquiring Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos. (1477 Views)

How To Get C Of O ( Certificate Of Occupancy) In Delta State. / What You Get For Acquiring Land At Amen Estate Phase 2, Lagos +234 8030529372. / Step By Step Process For Acquiring Land And Gettting Your C Of O In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official Procedure For Acquiring Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos. by Treash(m): 3:51pm On Mar 12, 2018
Below is the official Lagos state government procedure for obtaining certificate of occupancy in Lagos.

*Procedure For Private Certificate of Occupancy*.
1. Application for land information (land information certificate)
2 No. survey plan (Sun Print)
Application fee payable in surveyor general's office
2. Purchase of private C of O application form (account, lands)
residential: =N=5,000
commercial/industrial: =N=20,000
3. Submission of application in LUAC (Land Use Allocation Commission), lands with supporting documents:
i. land information certificate
ii. receipt for land information fee
iii. receipt for application form
iv. =N=10,000 publication/inspection fee
v. capital contribution (subject to a minimum of 30,000)
vi. Land purchase receipt/agreement (duly stamped)
vii. copy of current tax clearance certificate (individuals)
viii. copy of =N=100 development levy receipt
ix. copy of company income tax clearance certificate
x. copy of company income tax clearance certificate
xi. copy of tax clearance certificate of 2 directors of the company and their =N100 development levy receipt
xii. Site location sketch
xiii. 3 no. passport photographs (individuals) with white background
xiv. 2 no. survey plans (sun print)
xv. copy of approved building plan (if developed)
xvi. copy of tenement rate receipt (if occupied)
xvii. cover letter addressed to executive secretary LUAC, stating all documents attached, as above (typed with applicant's address) and
xviii. collection of acknowledgement slip (LUAC)
4. Completion for publication (21 days objection period)5. Title search (land registry)
6. Site inspection and report (LUAC, estate section)
7. C of O engrossment (drafting, typing, and submission) LUAC
8. Recommendation for execution [executive secretary (LUAC), permanent secretary (lands), and attorney general (justice)
9. stamping and registration (stamping ministry of finance, registration: LRD, lands)
10. collection of executed and registered certificate of occupancy (C of O collection office, LUAC).

Never forget or risk paying for a land without thorough investigation. The investigation serves two purpose: Whether there is government compulsory acquisition on it, and whether there is a pending suit or litigation in court over same. Cheerz.
Re: Official Procedure For Acquiring Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 06, 2018
Hello house, happy Sunday to everyone. Am new to this thread smiley am planning on building a 4 bedroom bungalow on a plot of land in otta and would like to ask if it is compulsory to have a certificate of occupancy. Or i can obtain other documents and carry on building without a C of O since I heard most people who build houses in Nigeria don’t own a C of O because of the stress that comes with owning one. Although I know the importance of owning one. Please I need answers and thanks to all for your reply.
Re: Official Procedure For Acquiring Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos. by treashproperties: 8:36am On May 07, 2018
floshady:
Hello house, happy Sunday to everyone. Am new to this thread smiley am planning on building a 4 bedroom bungalow on a plot of land in otta and would like to ask if it is compulsory to have a certificate of occupancy. Or i can obtain other documents and carry on building without a C of O since I heard most people who build houses in Nigeria don’t own a C of O because of the stress that comes with owning one. Although I know the importance of owning one. Please I need answers and thanks to all for your reply.

Av u bought the land already. Ogun state government had introduced Home Chartered Ownership, having semblance and quality of C of O. C of O is expensive to Home Charter. Though the home charter is for a while. You can contact me for further explanation, I reside in Ota. 08068088866, Barr Ayo.

1 Like

Re: Official Procedure For Acquiring Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 11, 2018
No I haven’t bought the land just yet. Am buying once I arrive Nigeria in less than two weeks time from now by Gods grace. �I will contact you for more details. Thanks
Re: Official Procedure For Acquiring Certificate Of Occupancy In Lagos. by Treash(m): 11:20pm On May 11, 2018
floshady:
No I haven’t bought the land just yet. Am buying once I arrive Nigeria in less than two weeks time from now by Gods grace. �I will contact you for more details. Thanks

Am available at ur pleasure sir.

(1) (Reply)

Land for sale at Kajola, Olomu, Ikorodu / Strategic Land Banking Investment Few Plots For Sale@Liberty Garden Ibeju-lekki / Be Very Careful Of All These Big Real Estate Developers In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.