Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,466 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Benue Killings: I’m Surprised IGP Idris Disobeyed My Directive – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Killings: I’m Surprised IGP Idris Disobeyed My Directive – Buhari (417 Views)

David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / Supreme Court Judgment On Saraki : I’m Surprised, Says Sagay / How Ibrahim Idris Disobeyed Buhari’s Order On Benue Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Benue Killings: I’m Surprised IGP Idris Disobeyed My Directive – Buhari by nnamdibig(m): 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said he was ‘surprised’ that the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris disobeyed his directives to stay in Benue until the bloodletting between farmers and herdsmen was resolved.
Mr. Buhari also said his government was deeply worried about the incessant attacks on Benue’s rural communities and vowed to end the menace “very soon”.
The president, in the wake of public outcry that greeted the murder of over 70 persons by suspected herdsmen had instructed the IGP to relocate to the state until the carnage was contained. The police boss had reportedly spent less than 24 hours in the state before leaving; attracting more condemnation from Nigerians even as the presidency failed to reprimand him.
Mr. Buhari, who met with farmers, herdsmen, government officials and other stakeholders in Makurdi on Monday as part of his visits to troubled states however, denied insinuations that he was not interested in what was happening to Benue state.
“I cannot overlook the killings in Benue or any other part of Nigeria. I cannot do that. I am genuinely worried about the attacks in Benue and we are doing everything to end them,” he said.
He said that the insecurity in some states was a major concern to his government, adding that concerted efforts were being made to restore normalcy to every part of the country.
Mr. Buhari said that he was surprised at the revelation that the IGP did not spend 24 hours in Benue, when he directed him to relocate to the state and remain there till peace was restored.
“I am getting to know this in this meeting. I am quite surprised,” he said.
He, however, said that the meeting was not the best place to expose the inefficiency of his appointees, and appealed to Benue people to exercise restraint and live in peace with their neighbours.
Why the president did not know that IGP Idris disobeyed his order remained unclear. PREMIUM TIMES had on February 1 published an exclusive report detailing how the police boss failed to relocate to Benue as directed by Mr. Buhari

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/261518-benue-killings-im-surprised-igp-idris-disobeyed-directive-buhari.html

Re: Benue Killings: I’m Surprised IGP Idris Disobeyed My Directive – Buhari by Mynd44: 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2018

(1)

BMP Is Now In The Bad Books Of The King Makers. He Is A Sinking Ship. / Buhari Visits Dapchi School Where Girls Were Kidnapped [photos] / Fayose Reacts To TY Danjuma’s Call, Tells Buhari To Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.