Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? (22565 Views)

What Thing Makes You Feel Ashamed Any Time You Remember It? / Coping With Loss of a loved one / How Do U Feel If Nobody Likes,Comments On Ur Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Cutehector(m): 8:13am On Mar 13, 2018
No big deal.. Will forget theirs..
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by boyjo: 9:10am On Mar 13, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'

I have forgotten the birthday of my siblings and loved ones who bought me gifts.
Your dad may not have forgotten, he may have, remember that he is aging?

There is so much people are contending with in this life that makes them forget.

But forgetting or remembering your birthday is not a measure of how much they care, they simply just forgot.

Get over it and don`t stop being you.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by beautiful232(f): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2018
Freeman50:
sweetheart, you look sweet. what's the secret behind your beauty?

thanks dear. I think GOD did a great work on me
and I keep it up by working out and eating fruits
and drinking alot of water..lol
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by beautiful232(f): 9:13am On Mar 13, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

I don't believe someone with this huge butt won't get even a call from a toaster/Crush on her birthday.

#Lekwanu Ukwu :-) grin

some things are not believable..

but that's the truth.

was only last year I got different movie date

so what is birthday? for me it a normal day thing

maybe cause I don't get to be with a guy sha that why I don't see it as anything
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by epaepae: 9:31am On Mar 13, 2018
wooooow we share the same birthday. My dad doesn't even know my birthday my mom did not remember I think my bro told her in the evening. Most of my close friends didn't remember, one was waiting for me to post something on facebook as a confirmation and so on. But u won't kill yourself because people forgot your birthday, Just move on and take this life jejely because people have loads of problems in their minds with the least being birthdays and others don't really see the importance of wishing someone a hbd. Although e dey pain oooo but what can one do.....
Finally happy birthday to you, Just add this to your collections
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by MrCEO69(m): 11:27am On Mar 13, 2018
Donald3d:
I dont feel bad .I forget peoples own too sometimes .
Man dey hustle, dey write code like werey, make we blow like Seun, me wey get the birthday sef I remember say I dey do birthday ?
Na money and hustle sure pass, when we blow we go dey think of birthday grin grin grin grin

You should use TS so that you will use conts and lets and this cool ANGULAR 5
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by chukzyfcbb: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2018
beautiful232:

some things are not believable..

but that's the truth.

was only last year I got different movie date

so what is birthday? for me it a normal day thing

maybe cause I don't get to be with a guy sha that why I don't see it as anything
hmmm, fair enough. how bout we start by being pals. I just sent a pm!
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Deicide: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2018
kimbraa:
Each birthday is a reminder of how closer you're to your grave. Why the fùck will I be bothered if the people around me don't remember? Well sha! Only my boyfriend isn't allowed to forget my birthday, though I find it inconsequential.
Funny how we shear the same philosophy on Bdays cheesy
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by beautiful232(f): 3:10pm On Mar 13, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

let me check
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Freeman50(m): 8:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
beautiful232:

thanks dear. I think GOD did a great work on me
and I keep it up by working out and eating fruits
and drinking alot of water..lol
Oh yeah! that's a relief. Would like you meet you beauty, how about that?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by beautiful232(f): 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2018
Freeman50:
Oh yeah! that's a relief. Would like you meet you beauty, how about that?

lol.it's ok
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Freeman50(m): 11:50pm On Mar 13, 2018
beautiful232:

lol.it's ok
why smiling?..... send me a pm.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by beautiful232(f): 12:53am On Mar 14, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

when?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by chukzyfcbb: 9:43am On Mar 14, 2018
beautiful232:

when?
resent
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 3:52pm On May 29, 2018
madridsta007:

I forget mine sometimes as well. I forget my siblings too. When I become close friends with anyone I warn, “just so you know, I may forget your birthday. Don’t take it personal as I forget mine sometimes too...”

There are more important things to worry oneself about. Why should I despise someone who forgets my birthday? What will remembering it do to me? Give me wings to fly? The craze of Birthday Industrial Complex hasn’t caught up with everyone.
lol..happy birthday
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2018
stephleena:

lol..happy birthday

wink Thanks, Steph.
I will remember it on the day- which is still some months in advance!
I hope you are well?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 8:13pm On May 29, 2018
madridsta007:

wink Thanks, Steph. I will remember it on the day- which is still some months in advance! I hope you are well?
ehm, maybe.. I am bored.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2018
stephleena:

ehm, maybe.. I am bored.

lol. And I just closed from the office.
Going home now.
Dinner at your favorite spot? For two, that is.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 5:07pm On May 31, 2018
madridsta007:

lol. And I just closed from the office. Going home now. Dinner at your favorite spot? For two, that is.
oh dear,so sorry for d late reply.. I trust u re good

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
[quote author=stephleena post=68056977]
[/quote

Sure, I am.
Hope your week was good too.
Hehehe, I guess I should say “Hi” in the proper way smiley
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2018
stephleena:

Sure I am. Happy Sunday.
I’m still unreplied �
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 9:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
madridsta007:

Sure I am. Happy Sunday. I’m still unreplied �
lol, forgive me..same to u jare
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 9:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
[quote author=madridsta007 post=68098510][/quote] ehm, my mail isn't functioning ooo#sad face#. or you've got any other idea?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 9:58pm On Jun 03, 2018
stephleena:

ehm, my mail isn't functioning ooo#sad face#.
or you've got any other idea?

No clues, for now...
Just the mail sad
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 10:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
madridsta007:

No clues, for now... Just the mail sad
eeeeyah...at least let's just hang out here for a while, lol.. Did u attend today's service?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 10:55pm On Jun 03, 2018
stephleena:

eeeeyah...at least let's just hang out here for a while, lol..
Did u attend today's service?

Yeah, I did.. Evening service.
My desk was full so Sunday morning was office for me. grin
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 5:18am On Jun 04, 2018
madridsta007:

Yeah, I did.. Evening service. My desk was full so Sunday morning was office for me. grin
awk..Good morning, have a pleasant day ahead
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
madridsta007:

Yeah, I did.. Evening service. My desk was full so Sunday morning was office for me. grin
evening oo...I guess u re still busy.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 6:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
stephleena:

evening oo...I guess u re still busy.
Not too busy for you wink
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 6:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
madridsta007:
Not too busy for you wink
lol.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 6:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
stephleena:

lol.

Waiting for you to unlock your email.
sad
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by stephleena(f): 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
madridsta007:
Waiting for you to unlock your email. sad
eeeyah....I just don't know how to do it,#sad#.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist / 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing / How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.