Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,819 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? (684 Views)

Biography Of Prof. Mohammed Nasir Sambo: The New NHIS Boss (Photo) / NHIS Executive Secretary Usman Yusuf And The 25 Billion Naira Question / Surrogacy, How Effective Is It In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by Finelinks: 7:03am On Mar 13, 2018
NHIS stands for Nigeria Health Insurance Scheme.

A woman told me she had a CS and it was covered by the scheme. For her, it's a wonderful scheme.

However, my experience with HMOs in varsity wasn't palatable.

So what are your experiences with them?
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by DaudaAbu(m): 7:09am On Mar 13, 2018
As beneficial as the health provider (hospital ) want it to be

And as effective as you want it to be
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by Finelinks: 9:37am On Mar 13, 2018
DaudaAbu:
As beneficial as the health provider (hospital ) want it to be

And as effective as you want it to be

Please share your experience if any...
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2018
Share your experience(s), I would love to read.

From the username, you can deduce my interest
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by trustworthy1(f): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2018
It is very beneficial. My friend is a pharmacist and he works in a hospital(pharmacy unit). According to my friend, he said that people that registered under NHIS only pay 10% of the amount of drugs they bought. Take for instance you bought a drug of 1000 naira, you are entitled to pay only 100 naira . The remaining 90% will be covered by NHIS. It's unfortunate that NHIS beneficiaries are people working under federal government. A certain amount (negligible amount) is been deducted from the salaries of those that registered under NHIS every month depending on one's level with or without visiting the hospital that you registered under as NHIS.
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by trustworthy1(f): 7:26pm On Mar 13, 2018
Finelinks:
NHIS stands for Nigeria Health Insurance Scheme.

A woman told me she had a CS and it was covered by the scheme. For her, it's a wonderful scheme.

However, my experience with HMOs in varsity wasn't palatable.

So what are your experiences with them?

Truth
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by Finelinks: 6:08am On Mar 14, 2018
more input please.
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2018
Re: How Beneficial And Effective Is NHIS? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2018

(1) (Reply)

10% Of Monthly Sales Of Health Insurance / JOHESU Relaxes Strike In Lagos, Yobe, Kano / Press Briefing By JOHESU National Chairman On Current Health Workers Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.