Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,589 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned (14100 Views)

Aston Martin Unveils ₦7.6m Bicycle, Would You Buy It?(Photos) / Aston Martin Unveils N1.5 Billion Submarine (photos) / The 2019 Aston Martin DBX Design Has Been Completed And It’s Mirrorless (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Automotive1(m): 9:46am On Mar 13, 2018
A war has broken out between the bosses at the brands whose customers include the super-rich, royalty and of course, James Bond.

The clash began after Aston Martin’s design chief Marek Reichman said its new £300,000 electric-powered Lagonda prototype, launched at the Geneva Motor Show would ‘disrupt’ the super-luxury market dominated by Rolls-Royce and Bentley by offering ‘guilt-free luxury’ to ultra-wealthy motorists.

Mr Reichman went on to tell motoring magazine Autocar that Rolls-Royce was "an imperfect package for luxury" made to replace a horse, a carriage and a trunk.

He also said executives from Silicon Valley firms such as Apple and Google would be more likely to drive an Aston Martin Lagonda.

Later in the interview, Reichman dropped the bomb into the conversation: “Rolls-Royce and Bentley are Ancient Greece today. I worked on the original Phantom. The brief was Buckingham Palace on wheels. It was important to do that to establish it. But the world has changed, and the royals have changed.”

Separately, Aston Martin chief executive Dr Andy Palmer said that the Lagonda, which is expected to enter production in 2021, would offer ‘guilt-free luxury’ to attract younger wealthy motorists. He added:"If Rolls-Royce is a Boeing 777, then Lagonda will be Concorde. It doesn’t need a big grille."

The remarks provoked a furious response from Rolls-Royce’s chief executive, who suggested Aston Martin was not in the same league as his company.

Speaking to the Financial Times,Mr Muller-Otvos said: "Why are they behaving like this? "There’s enough room for three great British brands – Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Aston Martin. We don’t criticise our rivals".

"It’s not a very gentlemanly way to behave. Why are they saying such things? Let them do their own thing, we’ll do ours. They talk about guilt-free luxury. What does that mean? They don’t understand luxury. I think they are on a completely different league of pricing".

"What they’ve done is not good business. They have zero clue what’s going on in the upper, upper segment, zero. I am sorry to be so blunt.”

Do you agree with what Aston Martin Chiefs said about Rolls-Royce,and do you think it was right to criticise their rivals?

Source https://autojosh.com/car-warsaston-martin-chiefs-mocks-rolls-royces-350k-phantom-model-as-old-fashioned/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by rayblings(m): 9:50am On Mar 13, 2018
shocked shocked

Bang DE DE deng!!!

Abegi what's the difference between legedese and Bentley all na car pls... They all serve the same purpose..

You cannot frustrate and intimidate me with those prices above I am still cruising and loving my 10 nera nunu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Aldebaran(m): 12:13pm On Mar 13, 2018
Automotive1:

The clash began after Aston Martin’s design chief Marek Reichman said its new £300,000 electric-powered Lagonda prototype, launched at the Geneva Motor Show would ‘disrupt’ the super-luxury market dominated by Rolls-Royce and Bentley by offering ‘guilt-free luxury’ to ultra-wealthy motorists.

Mr Reichman went on to tell motoring magazine Autocar that Rolls-Royce was "an imperfect package for luxury" made to replace a horse, a carriage and a trunk.

He also said executives from Silicon Valley firms such as Apple and Google would be more likely to drive an Aston Martin Lagonda.

“Rolls-Royce and Bentley are Ancient Greece today. I worked on the original Phantom. The brief was Buckingham Palace on wheels. It was important to do that to establish it. But the world has changed, and the royals have changed.”

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

Wicked Aston Matin chiefs cheesy grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Automotive1(m): 6:25am On Mar 14, 2018
Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Fanatique: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2018
It was never about the beauty. It was always about the luxury and pride.

Please visit https://runmyresearch.com/hire-a-researcher/ to get a professional researcher to handle your Bsc, Msc, PhD projects. We write plagiarism free papers

1 Like

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Atiku2019: 7:00am On Mar 14, 2018
grin
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Nobody: 7:01am On Mar 14, 2018
I think Rolls Royce is the matured one here,

Aston martins could still be marketed without slander

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by cooldipo(m): 7:06am On Mar 14, 2018
Talk is cheap......

Many of us are old and love old things!

1 Like

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Tessie01(f): 7:28am On Mar 14, 2018
would love to own both cars when I become a billionaire
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by jaxxy(m): 7:33am On Mar 14, 2018
Lol Aston Martin ain't serious here.
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by maberry(m): 7:36am On Mar 14, 2018
Mr Reichman went on to tell motoring magazine Autocar that Rolls-Royce was "an imperfect package for luxury" made to replace a horse, a carriage and a trunk

Aston Martin boss is evilgrin

2 Likes

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by ruggedtimi(m): 7:43am On Mar 14, 2018
.cool ride. rolls Royce looks too bogus

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by GuidoVanRossum: 7:43am On Mar 14, 2018
maberry:
Mr Reichman went on to tell motoring magazine Autocar that Rolls-Royce was "an imperfect package for luxury" made to replace a horse, a carriage and a trunk

Aston Martin boss is evilgrin
I thought I was the only one that saw that punchline.

2 Likes

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by ucheuzor1(m): 7:44am On Mar 14, 2018
Its very wrong for Aston Martin to criticise their fellow in d market. Its just a feel of insecurity in my own perspective.

Let them play their game if they have any, than to drag a famous brand into war of words. I still respect the response given by the roll Royce guys. it shows maturity.

2 Likes

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 14, 2018
Wld still pick a royce over an aston..

1 Like

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by marvin906(m): 7:52am On Mar 14, 2018
honestly rolls royce has changed completely
buh still prefer my bae jaguar

1 Like

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by luckyogor(m): 7:52am On Mar 14, 2018
A.M anyday anytime.
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by RexTramadol1: 7:55am On Mar 14, 2018
Savagery at the highest level

Y Aston Martin be like dis.
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Sabiboii17(m): 8:00am On Mar 14, 2018
Olobe ni gbogbo yin jare...... Wen I have the money I will come and comment.... But nevertheless **silently*:am gonna be rich soon amen::...... Closes thread
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:12am On Mar 14, 2018
RR over Aston anyday!!!

1 Like

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by ucheuzor1(m): 8:21am On Mar 14, 2018
BishopZion:
Why is it like that? why would she let the boy go like that knowing fully well that it doesn't cost a dime to let Jonathan know that the earlier he comes to her rescue the better it is for anyone who wants to leave the shore of the country to North Carolina for distribution of the relieved materials by the so called agents of change.

Are u sure u are OK??

please be sure of what u post before u comment....thanks

1 Like

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 14, 2018
Tessie01:
lol, am with you on dis one grin
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by cyrilamx(m): 8:31am On Mar 14, 2018
Or rather when u meet and hypnotise a billionaire with that ur irresistible juicy well... cool wink shocked
Tessie01:
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by cyrilamx(m): 8:31am On Mar 14, 2018
Or rather when u meet and hypnotise a billion with that ur irresistible juicy well... cool wink shocked
Tessie01:
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Topmaike007(m): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2018
Esseite:
Wld still pick a royce over an aston..
I still prefer Roll Royce.. it is made for the Royal elite..
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Humblelhion(m): 8:56am On Mar 14, 2018
They did not even need to reply.....Anyday anytime a Rolls Royce will always be in a different class of its own. It's just like knowing that if you like buy Samsung S2000 ....iphone go still be iphone.

3 Likes

Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Kobicove(m): 9:01am On Mar 14, 2018
Let the battle begin...

Having said that I am with Rolls-Royce as far as the top luxury segment is concerned grin
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Tessie01(f): 9:03am On Mar 14, 2018
cyrilamx:
Or rather when u meet and hypnotise a billionaire with that ur irresistible juicy well... cool wink shocked
dream big baby
Re: Car Wars!Aston Martin Chiefs Mocks Rolls-Royce's £350k Phantom As Old-fashioned by Tessie01(f): 9:04am On Mar 14, 2018
Ebuka2016:
lol, am with you on dis one grin
billionaire mindset, nice one

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Safety Features In Cars Invented By Volvo / Nwanneni's Road To Recovery / Mercedes-Maybach Teases Luxurious New Concept For 2018 Beijing Auto show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.