Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

My Experience With A VIO Officer - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience With A VIO Officer (470 Views)

Who's To Blame For This Overload: The Truck, VIO, Or The Driver? (Video) / VIO Uses Robot To Control Traffic In Abuja, Drivers Obey (Video) / VIO Official Hit By Truck On Karu Bridge, Battles For Life In Hospital (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A VIO Officer by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
I often see vio officials extort money from motorcycle riders because I work in a local area.
This afternoon, I was riding a motorcycle when a vio official stopped me. I applied my brake immediately but he was standing in front of me.
As I packed, I told him it was wrong to stand in front of a moving cycle since I did not disobey me. He responded by saying if I didn't stop he would chase me but I told him that was wrong insisting that I could collide with a coming vehicle.
After the episode, he asked to see my papers and I asked to know where he was from pretending not to know his uniform was that of vio. He told me he was from vio and I asked to know the meaning of vio. He replied by saying vehicle inspection officer. Then I asked if my motorcycle was a vehicle,come and see him loose control so I told him he has no right to ask for my papers.
Then he changed and said he has the right to check any automobile. By this time he was angry so he asked that I climb down but I told him no that he could come up and drive me down to their office. He called his partner and I insisted they have no right to ask for my papers and that I only respected his uniform by stopping in the first place. Realising that he met someone who is informed he said he would release me because I said I respected his uniform.
I am still laughing till now.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Taking About Countries Of World / 6 Years Remembrance Of 163 People Who Died In The 2012 Dana Air Flight In Lagos. / Many Nigerians Among 630 Migrants Received In Valencia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.