Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa (25716 Views)

Keshi Releases 25-man List For Ethiopia And Italy Matches. / NFF Rejects Keshi’s 42-man List For Malawi / Who Should Make Your 23 Man List For The Nations Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by bishoprccg(m): 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2010
With few days to the WC in South Africa, there is speculation about the composition of the final 23 man squad to the Mundial.
Below is a list of 23 players that are likely going to wear the green white green of Nigeria at the WC.

Goalkeepers
1.Vincent Enyeama
2. Dele Aiyenugba
3. Austin Ejide
Defender
4. Joseph Yobo
5. Onyekachi Apam
6. Elderson Echejile
7.Taye Taiwo
8. Danny Shittu
9. Ayodele Adeleye
10. Chidi Ordia
11. Sam Sodje
12. Olubayo Adefemi

Midfielders
13. John Mikel Obi
14. Yusuf Ayila
15.Dickson Etuhu
16.Femi Ajilore
17. Kalu Uche
18. Sani Kaita
Forward
19. Nwankwo Kanu
20. Obafemi Martins
21. Chinedu Ogbuke
22. Yakubu Aiyegbeni
23. Osaze Odewengie

Standby
Michael Eneramo
Gabriel Reuben
Onyekacki Okonkwo

Well here is the big news: 95% of those listed above are world cup bound, barring injuries.
As usual, the ever critical Nigerian football community will tongue lash Lars Lagerback and even doubt the ability of the team to go far in the tournament.
But lets support the team all the way!!!!!!!!!

www.grelohi.com
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
stupid fool whats your obsession with 5 dm they are uselless. lukman should be the first name on that midfield
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by bishoprccg(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
@12large
Lukman may be a good player, but can he withstand WC pressure.
We all saw what happened at the last U-20 World Cup when much was expected from him but he failed to raise his game

www.grelohi.com
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by IbrahimB: 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2010
Isn't it strange that Sam Sodje appears both on the 23 man list and on the Standby list? On that basis alone, this list should be dismissed.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 12:23am On May 01, 2010
mumu lukman played well in that team, it was just those useless strikers that messed them up. people seem to forget that a german player used 2 hands and pushed lukman down
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by dozai: 12:43am On May 01, 2010
ha! going to world cup with 9 defenders and a whole lot of defensive midfielders?? are we there to defend or to score goals Anyway that list. i wonder where it came from. definitely Lukman and P utaka will not miss that train
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 12large: 4:40am On May 01, 2010
look at the full. peter utaka have scored 26 goals in all cometition this season while
kanu-3 goals
martins- 6 goals
yakubu- 5goals
obasi- 7goals
obinna-4 goals

so overall these 5 strikers have scored 25 one goal short of peter utaka, and the monkey say we should drop utaka. imagine a lazy bastard like kanu and yakubu going to world cup while p.utaka stays home. talking about midfield this monkey thinks world cup is a place for all defensive midfilders, i mean what the point of taking olofinjana,keita and ayila when there is mikel atuhu and ajilore.i don't know why all these american-nigerians come to these forums and start suggesting absolutely non-sence dozai please stay with american football.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by nwanze2: 1:27pm On May 01, 2010
Why do we keep doing thesame thing over and over,yet expecting to get different result.The use of old legs and over weight players will take us no where.
From this list of players I can comfortable predict that Nigeria will not go beyound the group stage,but if anyone has a different reason lets haer it.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by BloodShed1: 3:51pm On May 01, 2010
12large:

look at the full. peter utaka have scored 26 goals in all cometition this season while
kanu-3 goals
martins- 6 goals
yakubu- 5goals
obasi- 7goals
obinna-4 goals

so overall these 5 strikers have scored 25 one goal short of peter utaka, and the monkey say we should drop utaka. imagine a lazy naughty person like kanu and yakubu going to world cup while p.utaka stays home. talking about midfield this monkey thinks world cup is a place for all defensive midfilders, i mean what the point of taking olofinjana,keita and ayila when there is mikel atuhu and ajilore.i don't know why all these american-nigerians come to these forums and start suggesting absolutely non-sence dozai please stay with american football.

How insulting.

Why the hell should strikers actually doing their job be left out? WHY
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by SleekReek(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2010
FULL LIST Going to World cup:

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda, Israel), Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows, South Africa)

Defenders: Taye Taiwo (Olympique Marseille, France), Elderson Echiejile (Rennes, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Onyekachi Apam (OG Nice, France),Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Ayodele Adeleye (Sparta Rotterdam, Netherlands), Michael Odibe (Siena, Italy), Daniel Shittu

Midfielders/Forwards: Chinedu Obasi (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany), Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth, England), Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg, Germany), Peter Utaka (Odense Boldklub, Denmark), Ikechukwu Uche (Real Zaragoza, Spain), Sani Kaita, Kalu Uche (Almeria, Spain), Dickson Etuhu (Fulham, England), Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Russia), Haruna Lukman (AS Monaco, France), Osaze Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscow, Russia), Switzerland).

On StandBy

Joseph Akpala (FC Brugge, Belgium),
Austin Ejide (Hapoel Petah Tikva, Israel),
Rabiu Afolabi (SV Salzburg, Austria)
Femi Ajilore (Groningen, Netherlands)
Sam Sodje (Charlton Athletic, England),
Victor Anichebe (Everton, England),
Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev, Ukraine),

Coach Sleek Reek.(Starting Eleven against Argentina)

Vincent Enyeama

Joseph Yobo Daniel Shittu Ayodele Adeleye Taye Taiwo

Mikel Obi
Osaze Odemewigwe Dickson Etuhu

Kanu Nwankwo

Peter Utaka Obafemi Martins

Dickson Etuhu's job will be to cover for Taiwo whenever he goes forward and prevent deadly passes from the Argentine Midfield,Mikel Obi will protect the back four and also distribute passes to the forwards.I put a Shittu and Ayodele in the central paring because of there aggressiveness and work rate but i will warn them to be wary of needless tackles in the 18 yard box.Yobo is more experienced to play from the right back because in the central he may cause some deadly errors that may lead to a penalty.Kanu will sit behind the two forwards,who are also aggressive and sharp goal poachers and only need visionary passes to get goals,this is what Kanu will provide,besides he will also break up the flow of the Argentine midfield play by constant fouls that will be committed on him.

My goal is to get the goals quick while keeping it tight defensively.In the second half,Kalu Uche will come in for Kanu and Ike Uche will come in for Peter Utaka later,then depending on the scores,if we are winning i will change Osaze and bring in Sanni Kaita,though not too skillfull but does the dirty work well like Garba Lawal,if it's a draw or we are loosing,i will instruct Taiwo not to forage forward again but will instruct that all the defensive right and left backs should sit deep,then i will change Etuhu and bring in Chinedu Obasi.It all depends on the game plan, i may opt to bring in Echiejile for Osaze and move Taiwo forward to the left wing to provide the deadly crosses and shorts and have Mikel and Etuhu cover the back four in the middle of the park.Zonal marking is what i will use to curtail Messi,Tevez, and Veron,Shittu has proven over time that he can mark out any striker though i will work on his stamina,though in the case of tiredness,i will bring in Onyekachi Apam,change Kanu for Kalu and bring in Ike Uche for Peter Utaka.

For Enyeama i will work on his handling of corners,and set pieces,on the defenders i will work on them not giving away free kicks around the 18yard box,for the Midfielders there passes and crosses for Osaze/Obasi/Utaka who may fill in the winger position,for the wing back-recovery is very vital with an understanding between the central defence and the defensive midfielders to cover up quickly when they go forward,for the strikers i will work on the shooting technique intelligent placement is more accurate than brute power in shots.I believe my jokers in this tournament will be Peter Utaka,Ike Uche,Kanu Nwankwo and Chinedu Obasi.This is my thought,i'm not an expert but at best this is what i came up with.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Princek12(m): 8:32pm On May 02, 2010
I really like Victor Anichebe, for he is a deadly offensive midfielder/ right winger who performed excellently during the Beijing Olympics and is in good form for his club, Everton. He is fearless and has pace, both of which are attributes that can create scoring opportunities for strikers. He is also good in the air with his head.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Onlytruth(m): 8:32pm On May 02, 2010
Ikechukwu Uche is conspicuously missing from that list. He is the deadliest striker in Super Eagles. Let's pray he is fit to play, else we are stuck with the nations cup squad.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by olumideba: 8:37pm On May 02, 2010
Please, what is the difference between this list and those that went to the nations cup.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by dipo2much(m): 8:41pm On May 02, 2010
even if Ikechukwu Uche isnt fully fit, he should be included. The guy is that good
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by hackney(m): 8:48pm On May 02, 2010
What is kanu doing in that list?
the last time that man marked someone or closed down an opponent was
in '98.

It's not all about experience.
after all maradona is not playing for the argies.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by papaejima2: 8:58pm On May 02, 2010
Any list without Rabiu Afolabi, Lukman Haruna and Ikechukwu Uche is way off the mark. Baring injuries, these three players would surely make the squad.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by mrman3(m): 9:13pm On May 02, 2010
u pple are missing out obinna NSOFOR
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by CarlosVent(m): 9:22pm On May 02, 2010
IF Michael Eneramo AND Obinna Nsofor IS NOT THERE THEN I WILL MAKE SURE THAT NFF IS DISSOLVED.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 02, 2010
if nwaneri is present in the list angry, then we will surely be disgraced, at least once more! embarassed
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by oleigh(m): 10:07pm On May 02, 2010
Which kind list be dis? Aniciebe no dey,ikechukwu uche sef no dey.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Redman44(m): 10:13pm On May 02, 2010
The list is okay. It is our preparations and the time to really blend the players and their styles together that is giving me a lot of concern. It seems we are going to re-enact the script of the 2002 World Cup. Personally, I feel Samson Siasia should be called up to assist Lagerback next month in South Africa. He has worked with a good number of the boys on the list in the past. I don't see the Super Eagles going beyond the 2nd round at the World Cup. We've left things a little too late.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by Kinezeala(m): 10:17pm On May 02, 2010
holamiday:

if nwaneri is present in the list angry, then we will surely be disgraced, at least once more! embarassed
hahaha, funniest post of d day hahahehe
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by westpumpin(m): 10:30pm On May 02, 2010
[i]i think lagerback his on drug
with these list. old lis
no new names
nonsense
[/
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by kabarka(m): 10:47pm On May 02, 2010
pls this cannot possibly be our list to SA.No ike,nsofor.Kanu is need because of experience and cordination at critical moments.No full time for hi
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by SLIGHT(m): 11:24pm On May 02, 2010
Hmmm, i don't think lagerback is conversant wit nigerian football, but let's not underate him; he's drawn out his plan, lets wait see the outcome
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 4peace(m): 11:27pm On May 02, 2010
olumideba:

Please, what is the difference between this list and those that went to the nations cup.
and who else do you want to go world cup.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by 360command: 11:46pm On May 02, 2010
If a player like ikechukwu uche aint going to the world cup,then i know S.eagles will not go far.when you see a star,you would know.i saw ikechukwu uche as one of the players who saved us during the qualifiers.even when he was not in the team for the cup of nations in angola,we were affected.that guys strike force is better than yaks or martins .
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by utotomi50(m): 12:04am On May 03, 2010
I hope it works.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by haronky7: 12:13am On May 03, 2010
@ Topic
I do hope those crucifying Amodu are now happy and can now see the 'big difference' with this expartrate coach. Before you tongue-lash me, I'm no fan of Amodu but a realist who believe in continuity.

It's all a joke

If this is the list, why was Amodu removed in the first place? He could do the same I guess

We shouldnt daydream expecting a miracle; we all definitely know the outcome, and believe me I wont shed a tear cool cool
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by eldee(m): 12:31am On May 03, 2010
haronky7:

@ Topic
I do hope those crucifying Amodu are now happy and can now see the 'big difference' with this expartrate coach. Before you tongue-lash me, I'm no fan of Amodu but a realist who believe in continuity.

It's all a joke

If this is the list, why was Amodu removed in the first place? He could do the same I guess

We shouldnt daydream expecting a miracle; we all definitely know the outcome, and believe me I wont shed a tear cool cool

As I said, better late than never . . . we always knew Nigeria's first team, but Amodu was obviously not good enough for some reason to apply them properly.
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by ibabalol: 1:20am On May 03, 2010
LOL "Nigerian americans" grin grin grin grin grin
very funny bro
Re: Super Eagles 23 Man List To South Africa by chamotex(m): 1:30am On May 03, 2010
bishoprccg:

With few days to the WC in South Africa, there is speculation about the composition of the final 23 man squad to the Mundial.
Below is a list of 23 players that are likely going to wear the green white green of Nigeria at the WC.

Few days
June 10 is few days away to you? Blimey!
This is me thinking I've slept throughout the whole month of May

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ancelotti Wants Osimhen At Real Madrid / Nigeria Vs Ukraine: Bonaventure Replaces Onyekuru / FG Fulfil 28-Year-Old Pledge, Allocates Houses To AFCON 1994 Super Eagles Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.