Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (124875 Views)

UI Postgraduate (english Test) Past Questions And Answers PDF Free Download / University Of Ibadan (UI) Postgraduate Form On Sale – 2018/2019 / University Of Ibadan (UI) Postgraduate Form Is Out – 2018/2019. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by carsy(f): 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
Raylight2:
https:///FKdRJwG0RQ4JmZyTdoaNLl
Pls kindly add me to the whatsapp group. 08138813677
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by harlaryoh(f): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
I have been trying to register for days now. I did not receive application number and password in my email. I have used three emails now and it is still the same thing. Is anyone experiencing such? What can I do about it? Please help!

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Nemma(m): 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2018
Add me to the whatsapp group 07033658888
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Raylight2(m): 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
harlaryoh:
I have been trying to register for days now. I did not receive application number and password in my email. I have used three emails now and it is still the same thing. Is anyone experiencing such? What can I do about it? Please help!
check your spam or junk folder. check all the mails you've used in registering

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Olabig: 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2018
pls, I have some questions and I'll really appreciate if someone with experience could give valid answer to them.

1. Will U.I accept NABTEB O/Level result?
2. Will you it accept awaiting result for O/Level due to the fact that the person has NABTEB currently?
3. Will U.I accept awaiting for NYSC discharge certificate?
4. Can one use professional masters for Ph.D?
5. Can one uses professional masters to lecture?
6. Can anyone send me past questions to this mail mohammedabdulganiyu88@gmail.com
7. Can the whatsapp admin drop his phone number for us to get in touch.

lastly can someone add me to WhatsApp group of U.I PG for 2018/19 with this number 09071248291

note: if can't answer pls don't use this to display your stupidity.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 12:49am On Jun 24, 2018
Raylight2:
any side benefit associated with a first class or second class upper in the admission process?
Having at least a Second-class Upper honours in addition to scoring at least 50% in the EPT (instead of the general 40% cut-off mark), is very necessary and advantageous especially for those applicants that did NOT graduate from the University of Ibadan. This is because, the authorities of the Unibadan have this culture of rating the certificates of other universities low: they consider the Second-class Upper and even First-class degrees of other Nigerian universities to be equivalent to their own Second-class Lower and Third-class degrees, therefore they expect one coming from other university to "impress" them more by scoring high in the EPT and departmental tests. They usually admit their graduates with Second-class Lower than "outsiders" that have Second-class Upper due to the mentality that their own graduates are always better than others (even though my observations so far proves them wrong). And that is why you will notice or get to know later that over 70% of all postgraduate students were alumni of the University.

I graduated from the UniPort and I must say I really had to "impress" them to secure admission this year. In fact, am the ONLY UniPort alumnus in my Department of about 120 M.Sc students and maybe in the entire Faculty as I have not met nor heard of any UniPort alumnus in this set. Just try your best.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 1:29am On Jun 24, 2018
Once again, whoever resides in or outside Ibadan and wants assistance in their PG registration may contact me by quoting this comment or sending me an inbox message here. I do registrations for PGD, M.PH and M.Sc applicants at affordable prices, as well as, give out relevant and latest information from the Postgraduate School.

Applicants into Faculty of the Social Sciences, and the newly-founded Faculty of Economics (which was under the former), may contact me for easy registration and relevant information as am a student of this Faculty. Like I earlier stated here, the Unibadan's PG application process is very large, rigorous and COMPETITIVE, thus you must be abreast with the "right" steps and processes! And do not forget to send your TRANSCRIPT in time! Your destiny is in your own hands.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Delab: 6:40am On Jun 24, 2018
lilliesboy:
Once again, whoever resides in or outside Ibadan and wants assistance in their PG registration may contact me by quoting this comment or sending me an inbox message here. I do registrations for PGD, M.PH and M.Sc applicants at affordable prices, as well as, give out relevant and latest information from the Postgraduate School.

Applicants into Faculty of the Social Sciences, and the newly-founded Faculty of Economics (which was under the former), may contact me for easy registration and relevant information as am a student of this Faculty. Like I earlier stated here, the Unibadan's PG application process is very large, rigorous and COMPETITIVE, thus you must be abreast with the "right" steps and processes! And do not forget to send your TRANSCRIPT in time! Your destiny is in your own hands.
please, must the 3 referees be your former lecturers? And at what point is it advisable to send the transcript?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Raylight2(m): 6:54am On Jun 24, 2018
lilliesboy:

Having at least a Second-class Upper honours in addition to scoring at least 50% in the EPT (instead of the general 40% cut-off mark), is very necessary and advantageous especially for those applicants that did NOT graduate from the University of Ibadan. This is because, the authorities of the Unibadan have this culture of rating the certificates of other universities low: they consider the Second-class Upper and even First-class degrees of other Nigerian universities to be equivalent to their own Second-class Lower and Third-class degrees, therefore they expect one coming from other university to "impress" them more by scoring high in the EPT and departmental tests. They usually admit their graduates with Second-class Lower than "outsiders" that have Second-class Upper due to the mentality that their own graduates are always better than others (even though my observations so far proves them wrong). And that is why you will notice or get to know later that over 70% of all postgraduate students were alumni of the University.

I graduated from the UniPort and I must say I really had to "impress" them to secure admission this year. In fact, am the ONLY UniPort alumnus in my Department of about 120 M.Sc students and maybe in the entire Faculty as I have not met nor heard of any UniPort alumnus in this set. Just try your best.
OK. Thanks and God bless
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Olabig: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2018
lilliesboy:

Did U.I accepts NABTEB O/Level and can you drop your number here pls?
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by onlyme07(m): 10:36am On Jun 24, 2018
Olabig:
pls, I have some questions and I'll really appreciate if someone with experience could give valid answer to them.

2. Will you it accept awaiting result for O/Level due to the fact that the person has NABTEB currently?
6. Can anyone send me past questions to this mail mohammedabdulganiyu88@gmail.com

lastly can someone add me to WhatsApp group of U.I PG for 2018/19 with this number 09071248291

Let me answer you.

1. No,UI does not accept Nabteb.
2. Provided the result will be out before clearance,(ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE) which I doubt.
3. Provided your NYSC certificate will be ready before clearance. All you need do is to upload your call-up letter during registration.
4. NO,you can't. You will have to do Mphil/Phd before you proceed to PHD.
5. No,you can only use M.Sc (academics) to lecture.
6 & 7 is meant for the admin. Get in touch.
Best of luck.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 10:55am On Jun 24, 2018
Delab:
please, must the 3 referees be your former lecturers? And at what point is it advisable to send the transcript?
At least one of them MUST be your former lecturer, while the other two must either be Faculty members or persons not related to you but work in a reputable organization or graduated from a recognized university. Make sure one of the lecturers is from your own Department, others may be from other Departments/Faculties as long as they know you. The lecturer may be of any grade (i.e. M.Sc or PhD/Professor) as long as she/he has a valid official email address. During my application process last year, I used one former lecturer (an M.Sc holder) from my Department; another from outside my Faculty, and a man who is a renowned activist/enterpreneur in Nigeria as my referees.

Your referees should have valid emails which they check regularly as the Unibadan will DEFINITELY contact them shortly to answer questions about you. Inform them before and after using their emails/phone numbers to fill in the online Referees form. If they do not respond to the University's emails and questions in time, one's application will be declared incomplete and invalid after the deadline.

Send your Transcript after completing your online registration; do NOT wait until you have written the EPT and/or offered admission next year before sending it like some people suggest. Those that listened to such advice last year lived to regret it later and many are still regretting now. It is for your own good to send your Transcript shortly after your registration!

1 Like

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Job2ko(m): 12:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
please can I upload my o-level online print out for the application. but the certificate will be ready during the clearance
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Delab: 12:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
lilliesboy:

At least one of them MUST be your former lecturer, while the other two must either be Faculty members or persons not related to you but work in a reputable organization or graduated from a recognized university. Make sure one of the lecturers is from your own Department, others may be from other Departments/Faculties as long as they know you. The lecturer may be of any grade (i.e. M.Sc or PhD/Professor) as long as she/he has a valid official email address. During my application process last year, I used one former lecturer (an M.Sc holder) from my Department; another from outside my Faculty, and a man who is a renowned activist/enterpreneur in Nigeria as my referees.

Your referees should have valid emails which they check regularly as the Unibadan will DEFINITELY contact them shortly to answer questions about you. Inform them before and after using their emails/phone numbers to fill in the online Referees form. If they do not respond to the University's emails and questions in time, one's application will be declared incomplete and invalid after the deadline.

Send your Transcript after completing your online registration; do NOT wait until you have written the EPT and/or offered admission next year before sending it like some people suggest. Those that listened to such advice last year lived to regret it later and many are still regretting now. It is for your own good to send your Transcript shortly after your registration!
Thank you
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by harlaryoh(f): 1:13pm On Jun 24, 2018
I have. There is nothing there.
Raylight2:
check your spam or junk folder. check all the mails you've used in registering
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by hope4life: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2018
Tee,imamtobiloba,swift pls add me back.I have been part if the group with 08087378941 actively but my whassapp crashed down.I had to create new one with 08034615569.pls add me back to the U.I PG school group whassapp with 08034615569.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Olabig:

Did U.I accepts NABTEB O/Level and can you drop your number here pls?
I do not think they do. Read the Admission Guide on their portal for more information.

As for my number, one can send me a message here or directly to my email (kamikazee4virgo@yahoo.com) to get it (for serious business).
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Rouyan(m): 5:38am On Jun 25, 2018
Please you can send me those past question on olayiwolaridwan1@gmail.com and add me up on 08036147418.

I've used two mail now and yet to get the login details from the University. Hope it's general issues?
If you have successfully applied, kindly guide me through. Thanks
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Peculiar10: 11:26am On Jun 25, 2018
Kindly add me to the Whatsapp group 08131026971.
Pls when will the purchase of form close.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Elphezzy: 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2018
Please add me to the group 08062335465
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Elphezzy: 12:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
Raylight2:
drop your number to be added to the group
kindly add me to the whatsapp group 08062335465. Email: fkimzy.oj@gmail.com. thanks
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by ComradeTY(m): 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
Sorry which bank is better for the payment? Currently at GTB and they at having issues with their platform
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Delab: 10:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
Please if one is paying online, I think it's only the Skye bank option that's working currently. Can one use another bank's account to pay without using quickteller? And I noticed it's just the surname appearing on the payment page, is this correct please? @liliesboy kindly shed light
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by thowby(m): 6:54am On Jun 26, 2018
Please add me to the Whatsapp group via this number

Thanks
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Raylight2(m): 6:54am On Jun 26, 2018
Delab:
Please if one is paying online, I think it's only the Skye bank option that's working currently. Can one use another bank's account to pay without using quickteller? And I noticed it's just the surname appearing on the payment page, is this correct please? @liliesboy kindly shed light
use another ATM on the Skype link
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Elphezzy: 8:47am On Jun 26, 2018
Please who knows when the form will close for sale.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by nossieomons(m): 9:41am On Jun 26, 2018
Please can someone tell me when the application would close.... Tnx for d reply
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by mercy0008(f): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2018
You will provide your call up letter as an evidence that you are currently serving. I applied last year as a serving corps member.
Olabig:

Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by mercy0008(f): 12:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
But when you finish applying you can access the past question when you open your application portal. I will advice you study that because they repeat the questions. I studied that and I passed my EPT.
Herbarium:
Raylight2 pls, kindly send the ept past questions to my email- kayodekrespo@gmail.com Thanks.
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Tiffanie99: 12:27pm On Jun 26, 2018
A
Re: 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Tiffanie99: 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
uote author=lilliesboy post=68721693]
What area in Sociology do you want to specialize in your M.Sc (eg. Development; Criminology; Industrial; or Medical Sociology)? Read the Admission Guideline properly: http://pgsui.com/application/CURRENT%20ADMISSION%20GUIDE%2018.pdf
You may send me a message here via email.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (57) (Reply)

The School Attended By Success, The Warri Girl Sent Home Over Fees / School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) / Free Downloadable Post Utme Past Questions And Answers for University Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.