Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,420 members, 7,861,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Ekiti Guber Election Strategic To Buhari’s Second Term Bid, Says Ex-lawmaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Guber Election Strategic To Buhari’s Second Term Bid, Says Ex-lawmaker (392 Views)

Tobias Okwuru: APC Clarifies Buhari's Appointment Of 'Dead' Ex Lawmaker / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character / Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber Election Strategic To Buhari’s Second Term Bid, Says Ex-lawmaker by admox2003(m): 12:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
Victor Ogunje in Ado Ekiti

A member of the seventh House of Representatives, Hon. Bamidele Faparusi, has urged the members of the All Progressives Congress(APC) to be united and work hard to win the July 14 governorship election
in Ekiti state.

Faparusi said the governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun are very strategic to the reelection bid of President Muhammadu Buhari, saying winning the polls would pave way for the president to have an easy
ride to victory in the southwest.

The governorship aspirant , who hails from Ode Ekiti in Gbonyin local government area in Ekiti South senatorial district, said the party must comply with the ideals of democracy and fairness to realize the mission of reclaiming Ekiti from the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).

Faparusi said these in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday while addressing members of the National Association of Nigerian Students(NANS) , who came to honour him for his meritorious service to the people.

The APC chieftain said : “Even,  President Buhari himself knew that Ekiti and Osun Elections are key to his second term bid and it is now left for the Chief John Oyegun-led National Working Committee to do the right thing by conducting free and fair primary , rather than imposing any aspirant.

“Let me say this, for APC to be able to convince Ekiti electorate, many things must be addressed. The party must show civility and respect for democracy by ensuring that internal democracy prevails in the primary.

“When President Buhari was sworn-in as the President, he gave the hope that he was coming to give justice and fairplay. This gave us hope that the issue of zoning that has generated so much controversies in Ekiti will be addressed.

“Since 1999, the Central and North senatorial districts have held-sway with each producing two governors each. The present Governor, Ayodele Fayose and Otunba Niyi Adebayo are from the Central while Dr Kayode Fayemi and Engr Segun Oni were from the North and I think it will be right and justiceable to concede the ticket to the south this time
around.

“In case our national leaders don’t know, zoning has become a serious issue in Ekiti today and that has been the only card being used by Governor Fayose to campaign for his deputy, Prof Kolapo Olusola, who is from the south.

“I want to believe that the outcome of the election might be disastrous should our party fails to pick his candidate from the South and this may affect our chances in 2019”, he warned.

Faparusi said youth empowerment in terms of employment generation through commercial agriculture , revamped tourism potential and payment of bursary to students will form the kernel of his government if elected.

“I was a student leader during my days at the Federal University of Technology , Akure , so I knew the value of bursary and scholarship to students. I will reform the state’s bursary and scholarship scheme to make life meaningful to the indigent students.

“I am an ardent believer in reward for excellence, the state government under me shall institute state awards for graduates and undergraduates who distinguish themselves in their academic careers.

“Reward for excellence will help in boosting the country’s standard of education apart from being a veritable instrument to eradicate cyber-crime fondly called yahoo-boys, political thuggery and robbery”, Faparusi said.

Re: Ekiti Guber Election Strategic To Buhari’s Second Term Bid, Says Ex-lawmaker by Sapnaprem(f): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
election things

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Can Vote On Bbnaija But Most Don't Even Have PVC...MY OPINION / Swiss Accounts Own By Nigerians Blocked Over Alleged Nigerian Oil Bribery Case / Breaking: Buhari, Sambo In Close-door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.