Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. (2415 Views)

Benue State University Cancels Final Year Exam Over ‘Cheap’ Questions / I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. / Usmanu Danfodiyo University Student Dies After His Final Year Exam (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. by eterisan(m): 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2018
Gmajor:

The course in question is being handled by his Hod so there is no way you can expect her to be objective in this kind of situation. Final year does not make it OK for someone to be unjustly failed, therefore a remark is still in accordance.
What advice do you have for the op?
first you have not seen the script thus cannot conclude he was unjustly failed... Like I have explained earlier final year scripts are not remarked... It is a written rule.. Go check school handbooks..... I lay all the blame at his feet....it is not enough to be book smart... Social relationships, political relationships also matter... Ever heard of dining with the devil and getting away with it... When a lecturer told him he cannot make first class what did he do about it.... Probably shrugged it off.. Thinking his ability alone will see him through.... For this Naija wey we De.... He doesn't even have someone to push his case.. I believe he is not telling us the whole story... Shit happens, he should learn from it and move on... If he wants to fight it I wish him good luck... How can he even fight when he doesn't have back up... Them go just frustrate him life pass like this...
Re: Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. by nairanigger(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
eterisan:
final year student's scripts are not remarked.... Hence the need for external examiners... Going over the head of same hod that failed him is like declaring war... I am here wondering how he got to final year without been friendly and close to any of his lecturers.. And he expects to make first class.... It was a serious character flaw..of which he is been made to suffer for....

Blame it on my introverted nature. I gave up the hope of a first class in my 400lvl first semester when I had 5As, 1C and 1E. My problem is not even about that now, all I need now is just to graduate. I know they can't mess up my result to the point of falling me down to 2.2, I just need to graduate. She's saying I should just pray I don't have any other carryover on my second semester results, else she won't let me go.
Re: Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. by nairanigger(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
eterisan:
first you have not seen the script thus cannot conclude he was unjustly failed... Like I have explained earlier final year scripts are not remarked... It is a written rule.. Go check school handbooks..... I lay all the blame at his feet....it is not enough to be book smart... Social relationships, political relationships also matter... Ever heard of dining with the devil and getting away with it... When a lecturer told him he cannot make first class what did he do about it.... Probably shrugged it off.. Thinking his ability alone will see him through.... For this Naija wey we De.... He doesn't even have someone to push his case.. I believe he is not telling us the whole story... Shit happens, he should learn from it and move on... If he wants to fight it I wish him good luck... How can he even fight when he doesn't have back up... Them go just frustrate him life pass like this...

I saw the script today, I was unjustly failed. She corrected my score from 35 to 37 and finally drove me out of her office when I was trying to point out an error for her to effect. I'm not in any way concerned about the first class result, I just need to graduate.

It's also right to give me all the blame while I'm still being frustrated at the moment. All I needed was to graduate with 2.1 since my 400level first semester. Sometimes you don't force yourself on people who discriminate you.
Re: Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. by eterisan(m): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
nairanigger:

Blame it on my introverted nature. I gave up the hope of a first class in my 400lvl first semester when I had 5As, 1C and 1E. My problem is not even about that now, all I need now is just to graduate. I know they can't mess up my result to the point of falling me down to 2.2, I just need to graduate. She's saying I should just pray I don't have any other carryover on my second semester results, else she won't let me go.
ndu just finished 2nd semester exams.... I wish you all the best.... Hope you did well.
Re: Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. by nairanigger(m): 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
eterisan:
ndu just finished 2nd semester exams.... I wish you all the best.... Hope you did well.

Thanks. I did extremely well, still waiting for results.

1 Like

Re: Got My First F In My Final Year Exam. by Gmajor(m): 6:55pm On Mar 15, 2018
eterisan:
I assumed that he was unjustly marked down based on WHAT HE SAID. I prefer to think of his scenario as a case of he-that-is-down-need-fear-no-fall. He is already bound to spill over so I don't think that it can get any worse.
I seriously doubt that any school will come iut and admit that they will deny a student who thinks that he has been victimized on the ground that he is in final year. Maybe he won't go to Service with his set even if it get rectified but at least he won't pay additional school fees again.
If he is truly confident about what he wrote in that exam them I'll advice him to take to issue up.
But enough of the blame, what DO YOU THINK that he should do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Banks That Give Loans Instantly In Nigeria / 2007/2008 Shell University Scholarship Award Scheme / UNICAL AND UNIPORT POST UME FORM IS OUT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.