Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Correcting Freeze's Heretic Assertion That "Jesus Drank Alcohol" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Correcting Freeze's Heretic Assertion That "Jesus Drank Alcohol" (1990 Views)

Jesus Drank Alcohol. A Fact From The Bible / Name Your Favorite Heretic / Who Is A Heretic Before God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Correcting Freeze's Heretic Assertion That "Jesus Drank Alcohol" by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50pm On Feb 29
damosky12:
This beer palpur theology is a thing though. 😐

It goes like this: the Bible says drunkenness is a sin. Therefore, the Bible says we can drink. So, we can drink, but we would stop drinking before we get drunk." What a dishonest devotion? 🤣 Just an excuse (or justification?) to indulge their appetite as some would even defend any sin they're guilty of.

Here are questions to keep us sane:

1. if the Bible describes drunkenness as a sin, does it give a measure of how much alcohol to drink before slipping into drunkenness or before counting as "given to excess alcohol"?

2. If the Bible describes drunkenness as a sin, how wholesome is it for me to tell myself, "let me go for alcohol - just one bottle and I'll stop?" Does that sound like I'm devoted to actually staying far from sin?

3. If the epistles teach against drunkenness, would it be okay to conclude from texts like "dont be drunk with excess wine" (Eph 5:18) or "much wine" as a go ahead to self-indulge our appetite with alcohol? Wouldn't we be picking these texts out of context?

"If the epistles says much wine is sin, therefore, it is saying little wine is fine." How reasonable is that, given that it gives no measurement for what is much or little, what is excess or not excess?

4. Considering all, would it not be crystal clear that the Bible teaches against self-indulging with alcohol? (Not necessarily alcohol use as alcohol has been used in preparation of some foods, preservation of foods, medicinal purposes, etc.).

Wouldn't we be better off to maintain a stance against indulging alcohol (which is what the epistles severally infer), especially as a doctrinal matter?

CONCLUSION: Drunkenness or being "given to alcohol" cannot happen when we don't self-indulge with alcohol. If we do, it can and most likely would happen as there's no divine measurement for what's "excess" alcohol for anyone.

Recall, the epistles teach FLEEING (to run totally from or japa from) sin. 1Tim 6:11, 2 Tim 2:22, 1 corinth 6:18. The Christian's godly response to sin is to flee, not to apply self-control or use will power to scale through. But the "beer parlour doctrine" seems to believe otherwise: "indulge with alcohol, but try escape getting drunk. And you're good."

Self deceit seeking justification.

God commanded His worshipers to drink alcoholic beverages and at the same time told them not to drink too much.

For instance God gave the Israelites quales to eat when they demanded for meat but when they ate too much He punished them.

Does it mean we must stop eating meat since God punished them for eating too much?

Ọmọ you're teaching the doctrine of men! smiley
Re: Correcting Freeze's Heretic Assertion That "Jesus Drank Alcohol" by damosky12(m): 9:38pm On Feb 29
MaxInDHouse:

God commanded His worshipers to drink alcoholic beverages and at the same time told them not to drink too much.

For instance God gave the Israelites quales to eat when they demanded for meat but when they ate too much He punished them.

Does it mean we must stop eating meat since God punished them for eating too much?

Ọmọ you're teaching the doctrine of men! smiley

Sorry o. I haven't been able to make sense of your own "rebuttals." They sound too far behind. Seems you also enjoy constituting nuisance too.

I recommend you actually start from submitting in an actual church where they serve Jesus and teach Bible. Leave nairaland religious threads. I can't help you. It'll be too much task.
Re: Correcting Freeze's Heretic Assertion That "Jesus Drank Alcohol" by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49pm On Feb 29
damosky12:

Sorry o. I haven't been able to make sense of your own "rebuttals." They sound too far behind. Seems you also enjoy constituting nuisance too.
I recommend you actually start from submitting in an actual church where they serve Jesus and teach Bible. Leave nairaland religious threads. I can't help you. It'll be too much task.

Churches that are serving your Jesus whose orders and instructions aren't found in the Bible! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happy Juvenile Harvest Celestial Church Of Christ Worldwide / History: How Saul Created Jesus Christ / Catholic Church No Longer Swears By Truth of the Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.