Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,393 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment (32675 Views)

Ex-Abdulrasheed Maina Arrives Court In Wheelchair For Trial - PHOTO / Olisa Metuh's Stretcher In Ambulance To Court: Nigerians React (Photos) / Olisa Metuh Appears In Court On A Stretcher In Ambulance (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by afbstrategies: 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2018
Somebody was in UK hospital for over 5 months on taxpayers money.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by andyanders: 7:03pm On Mar 14, 2018
Metuh, acting Nollywood movie.There are people on wheelchair that are in prison too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by hadaydhollarpo(m): 7:08pm On Mar 14, 2018
deji17:

Even Orji Kalu that joined APC is in a similar boat like Metuh. His case is getting attention at the court.

N2.5bn Fraud: EFCC Calls Sixth Witness against Kalu

This Day

January 23, 2018

kalu's case file wey cold don catch since
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by HomeOfMe(f): 7:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
This metuh doesn't have sense...join APC now!!
He made a very big mistake by not decamping to apc,he wouldn't have been going through all he's going thru. But anyone who's guilty of crime should face the consequences including buhari's men whom ha e been accused.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by talk2percy(m): 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Thunder fire u, u are not going anywhere. U will die here. Which hospital in Uk??

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Gamesmart: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Obinwenite:
Olisa metuh is seriously sick,is not a political gimmicks!. How do I know?because i was among the doctors that saw him at NAUTH.

Sick of what?

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by docadams: 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Obinwenite:
Olisa metuh is seriously sick,is not a political gimmicks!. How do I know?because i was among the doctors that saw him at NAUTH.

Seriously sick but, if not ready to delete yet, then we are good to go with the trial.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by dododawa1: 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
I Don dey PITY d man
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by deji17: 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
hadaydhollarpo:

kalu's case file wey cold don catch since

You sure Today is March 14, his case still came up last week, Wednesday March 7, 2018.
Alleged N3.2bn fraud: Banker testifies against Kalu
Mar 7 2018
The News

A Federal High Court in Lagos has adjourned the N3.2 billion fraud case against a former governor of Abia, Orji Uzor Kalu, until March 19 and March 20 for the prosecution to close its case.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
deji17:

But how come all the looters are suddenly falling sick? As one of the Doctors that attended to Metuh at NAUTH, did you see Naira / Dollars in the scan or Xray of his body?

Wen Ur between the ages 65 / 70, Underlying n Low key illnesses will rush out wen u are forced to pass thru extreme stress.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by KaptainAfrika: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
If only my boss could use this excuse.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Rolings: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:

Oga, the APC cheiftain Orji Uzor Kalu's case has been thrown out the window, simply because he is now an APC man....You can deceive yourself, you can pretend, you can be naive, you can be ignorant, but it doesn't change the truth...

We know the corruption war SaiBaba is fighting. We know how only members of the opposition are corrupt. We understand all these. We know..

Your truth
who are the "we" speak for yourself alone

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
Obinwenite:

I take your word for it.

However I dont agree he should be allowed to travel abroad. He should remain in Nigeria and enjoy the high quality healthcare the rest of us are grateful to the government for providing and sustaining through the years.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Hofbrauhaus(m): 7:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
Rolings:

Your truth
who are the "we" speak for yourself alone

See me see wahala o. Am I speaking for you before? I'm speaking for me and mine..

Oya, dey your lane!
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by agarawu23(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nigeria politicians and comedy. When u stole and enjoy the money, neck no pain U?

I think Nigeria will be specially Judged on the day of judgement. People living anyhow without any single conscience.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
deji17:
Breaking: Metuh arrives court in wheelchair, begs to travel to UK for treatment

MARCH 14, 2018

By Ikechukwu Nnochiri ABUJA –

Former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh, who is facing corruption charges, on Wednesday, arrived for continuation of his trial before the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, in a wheelchair. Metuh Metuh was wheeled into the courtroom to continue his defence to the seven-count charge the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, preferred against him and his firm, Destra Investment Limited. EFCC alleged that he had before the 2015 Presidential election, received N400million from the Office of the National Security Adviser, ONSA, without executing any contract. The agency alleged that the fund was electronically wired from an account that ONSA operated with the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, to Metuh, via account no. 0040437573, which his firm operated with Diamond Bank Plc.

It told the court that the fund which was released to Metuh and his firm by detained former NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki, retd,‎ ‎was part of about $2.1billion earmarked for the purchase of arms to fight insurgency in the North East. Besides, the prosecution which had earlier closed its case after it called eight witnesses that testfied before the court, equally alleged that Metuh was involved in an illicit transaction that involved the exchange of $2million. Meantime, at the resumed proceeding on Wednesday, Metuh through his lawyer, Mr. Emeka Etiaba, SAN, applied to be allowed to travel to the United Kingdom for medical treatment. Metuh’s lawyer told the court that his client’s health had badly deteriorated in the past two months, a situation he said would require urgent medical attention from his doctors in London.

He tendered as an exhibit, a letter from one Dr. Adrian T. H. Kasey, a Neurosurgeon at Wellington Hospital in London, which he said emphasized the need for Metuh to be treated urgently. However, trial Justice Abang requested both the prosecution and defence lawyers to address him on whether the court could grant Metuh’s request considering that he previously dismissed two similar applications on May 25, 2016 and on February, 2017. Justice Abang who noted that Metuh had yet to appeal both rulings, noted that issues Metuh raised in his present application dated February 23, were the same thing he relied on in the two dismissed applications. It will be recalled that Metuh was on February 9, brought to court in an ambulance, after Justice Abang threatened to revoke his bail and commit him to prison if he failed to appear for his trial.

The threat followed Metuh’s absence in court on two successive dates, though his lawyers tendered reports indicating that he was hospitalized at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital in Enugu where he was referred to by Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital Nnewi. More details soon.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/breaking-6/

Buhari : talk true Jonathan is methu sick

Gej: even me sef I dey sick and my wife too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by hammer6U: 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
IF ONLY OLISA METUH BLOOD AND DEATH WILL CURE NIGERIA, THEN HIS CONTINUED DENIAL OF MEDICAL HELP ABROAD WILL BE JUSTIFIED.

THEN AGAIN, I LOOK CLOSELY AT APC AND ALL I SEE ARE THE CORRUPTION KINGPIN.

THE EPITOME OF CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA ARE ALL IN APC.

WAT JUSTIFICATION IS THERE TO CONTINUE DEPRIVING A SICK MAN OF MEDICAL RELIEF ABROAD, IN VIEW OUR VERY OWN PRESIDENT BUHARI SPENT 6 MONTHS IN THE SAME UK.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by 8stargeneral: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2018
Make dem carry am go one hospital wey dey close to my street,d hospital and UK own nah d same tin grin

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Charly68: 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2018
Holahtunez:
[b][/b]This man and his comedy skit sha
Like 5 & 6

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Charly68: 8:05pm On Mar 14, 2018
God have mercy:the men of power ..
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by sermming: 8:13pm On Mar 14, 2018
All this nah acting....if you want to die better die and case will be closed.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Paulagada: 8:19pm On Mar 14, 2018
This Metuh of a man has gone through a lot to be forgiven I beg. let them just forgive him, he has since learnt his lesson and taught others as well.
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by olajide21: 8:23pm On Mar 14, 2018
Obinwenite:

And you prefer to devour the status of your patient's health in public

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by emilyone(f): 8:36pm On Mar 14, 2018
nairavsdollars:
the last time stretcher, today wheelchair. tommorow.....
Tomorrow na coffin grin

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Holahtunez(m): 8:39pm On Mar 14, 2018
Charly68:
Like 5 & 6
U qarrit
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by vineyardfarms: 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2018
MR METU OLISA, IF YOUR ACTING IS TO FOOL THE COURT AND ESCAPE JUSTICE,

MAY YOU REMAINED IN THAT BED AND WHEELCHAIR PERMANENTLY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, EXCEPT YOU CONFESS AND ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS,
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by skaramanga: 8:45pm On Mar 14, 2018
AntiWailer:
1diot.

The 400million you stole will go a long way in equiping at least 2 teaching hospitals

Correct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Dhamiee: 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2018
so that u cn flee abi...

1 Like

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Unity19(m): 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
How is this witch hunting? The question we should ask is if he actually committed the crime. If he did, then no witch hunting whatsoever. From the evidences tendered by efcc, I am convinced that he ate our yam. The money he and his cohort stole would have restored our hospitals to world standard. So let him enjoy himself. Once he travels, then that is the end of the case.

Yoshy:
Though this is witch hunting, I can authoritatively tell you that Metuh wants to run for his life.

4 Likes

Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Ellabae(f): 9:21pm On Mar 14, 2018
deji17:

I beg leave that lie / gist for palm wine joint at Ekwulobia
Are u an indigen of Ekwulobia?
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by deji17: 9:26pm On Mar 14, 2018
Ellabae:
Are u an indigen of Ekwulobia?

Not really...lol
Re: Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Wheelchair, Begs To Travel To UK For Treatment by Ellabae(f): 9:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
deji17:

Not really...lol
Ok but from Anambra?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu To FG: Recruit 50 Million Youths Into Army To Fight Insecurity / Matawalle Rejects Emefiele’s 'Study Leave', Says He Must Give Account To Tinubu / Onitsha Residents Rush To Scoop Fuel From Fallen Tanker. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.