Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos (1406 Views)

I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video / Mercedes Sold A Record 2.34 Million Cars In 2019, The Highest In Its History / Mercedes Sold A Record 2.34 Million Cars In 2019, The Highest In Its History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by Explorers(m): 6:52pm On Mar 14, 2018
Under pressure from U.S. regulators, Ford is recalling nearly 1.4 million midsize cars in North America because the steering wheels can detach from the steering column and drivers could lose control.

The recall covers certain Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ cars from the 2014 through 2018 model years.

Ford says steering wheel bolts can loosen over time.

The company says it knows of two crashes and one injury caused by the problem.

Dealers will replace the bolts with longer ones that have more aggressive threads and a nylon patch to stop them from coming loose.

Owners will be notified by mail the week of April 30, and parts are expected to be available by then.

Just over 1.3 million cars in the U.S. are being recalled, with the rest in Canada and Mexico.

The recall comes about five months after the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation into steering wheels falling off of Fusions from the 2014 through 2016 model years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5499877/Ford-recalls-1-4M-cars-steering-wheel-come-loose.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Share

Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by Heromaniaa: 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by Explorers(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2018
The safety agency said in documents that it began the probe after receiving three complaints, including one from a driver from Georgia who reported that the steering wheel in a 2015 Fusion fell into their lap when turning into a gas station.

Two other people reported that the bolt attaching the wheel to the steering column came loose while driving and had to be retightened at a repair shop.

At the time the agency had no reports of crashes or injuries.

Ford isn't the only manufacturer to issue a recall for steering wheels coming off.

In February, Hyundai recalled 43,900 vehicles which were at risk of the steering wheel breaking away from the steering column.

That recall affected the 2018 Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport SUVs.

Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
That's why I prefer Mercedes jare......
Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by Amirullaha(m): 8:42pm On Mar 14, 2018
Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by Patrick33(m): 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2018
Imagine forming vin diesel doing 200/220kmh and steering comot grin..

1 Like

Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by luminouz(m): 10:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
Nawa oooo..
To buy car na wahala..after buying...na wahala....what if I'm driving at full speed cuz my wife is in labour n I need to get her quickly to a clinic...n d steering wheel fall off......

*Singing*
Across the bridge..there is no more pain...
Across the bridge..there is no more sorrow'

Complete it..for ursef!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by ogbiwa: 5:03am On Mar 15, 2018
In a 2018 model.

'99 model users you can take consolation from the fact that what worries the geese worries the gander too grin
Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by tk4rd: 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2018
Ok naaa
Re: Ford Recalls 1.4 MILLION Cars Because The Steering Wheel Can Come Off(photos by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:56pm On Mar 17, 2018
This is oyinbo... Africans will rather think of loosing money or the cost implications first at the expense of reputation.

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Want To Re-design Its Iconic Logo In Preparation For Electric Car Era / Auto Gurus, How Do I Raise My 2007 Toyota Camry? / How Much For Honda Civic 2008 Lx Bumper Part And Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.