Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

"YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) (15204 Views)

#EndSARS Rally Marred By Low Turn Out (Photos) / Obasanjo ‘Outpaces’ Participants At Health Walk (Photo) / Probe Uncovers Massive Fraud In Youwin Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by boxxy(f): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2018
very disappointing really if only that useless certificate can even serve as colleteral in the sister company BANK OF INDUSTRY it would have made more sense very sad indeed wasted peoples time and resources.
Giggs247:

The training was a terrible one
One of dismay
One of disappointment
One of dissatisfaction
One of utmost deception!
It is sad to say that our dear country is still grappling with corrupt practices even with funds meant to empower the youths.
YouWiN has turned out to be corporate fraud in the guise of youth empowerment. All the buzz of YouWiN and their empowerment of the youth to "plan, start and grow" their businesses ends up in a quagmire of weak and extremely diluted lectures. After receiving a wonderful online training that is both exhaustive and all-encompassing one would expect that the in-house training would be topnotch! Instead we had mediocre poorly playing out a script written by mediocre as well, or worse still, reading from incorrectly and poorly designed slide. The venue and organization left much to be desired. I will not talk about the food! But to imagine that a person like me would actually fall for this fraud... I mean, all the data, all the sleepless night... I didn't bother because my eyes were on the price. To worsen the situation they had the mind to invite us from our various locations to come for an overly hyped training when they know that they do not have any good and sustainable plans for us!
Why invite us? To come and receive training, another training? For God's sake we have been training and personally I am tired of repeated training. No value added in this training. Speak all the grammar in this world about Entrepreneurship if there is no financial backup then you are only being theoretical. Among all the resources required to start and grow your business money is the king ♔. So if you shy away from it then you shy away from realising your business ideas.
If giving grant is unsustainable as the rep of YouWiN mentioned today then why does Tony Elumelu Foundation still give grant? Why does Shell LiveWire still give grant? Is it that they don't know how to use fund?... The answer is very simple! its because they are private establishment they are not Nigerian government which is soaked, clothed and bathed in the sea of corruption. Corruption has not only eaten deeply into the fabrics of our country but has also become the norm such that those who are supposed to salvage the situation become the architects and builders of the corruption empire. What a pity, what a shame!
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by prudentkolly(m): 10:56am On Mar 16, 2018
boxxy:
very disappointing really if only that useless certificate can even serve as colleteral in the sister company BANK OF INDUSTRY it would have made more sense very sad indeed wasted peoples time and resources.
pls help us with media
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2018
In Kano today

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
boxxy:
I believe the YouWin officials are trying to hijack the process.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2018
phyllosilicate:
I believe the YouWin officials are trying to hijack the process.

I dont think the youwin officials have anything to do with this
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 8:30pm On Mar 16, 2018
odum1:

I dont think the youwin officials have anything to do with this
I bet the minister don't know what is going on.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by mazoji: 12:02am On Mar 17, 2018
At the end of the training there will be grant so don't worry remain focus and leave the rest to GOD
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 6:42am On Mar 17, 2018
mazoji:
At the end of the training there will be grant so don't worry remain focus and leave the rest to GOD

End of which training? The Youwin official Mr Yemi Bello was no where to be found in the last day of the training.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2018
phyllosilicate:
I bet the minister don't know what is going on.

The Minister knows, she was tagged on twitter, she ignored all the things that have to do with youWin.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 9:18am On Mar 17, 2018
mazoji:

Please , where did you get this info?
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 9:40am On Mar 17, 2018
odum1:

The Minister knows, she was tagged on twitter, she ignored all the things that have to do with youWin.

I just want to believe she isn't part of the deception.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by odum1: 10:25am On Mar 17, 2018
phyllosilicate:

I just want to believe she isn't part of the deception.

lol.
Bros, thats misplaced faith o

2 Likes

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Nobody: 6:07am On Mar 18, 2018
A COMMUNIQUÉ ISSUED BY THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE YOUWIN CONNECT ACADEMY (MASTER CLASS) AT THE END OF THE FACE TO FACE TRAINING HELD AT THE LABOUR HALL, NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS, ASABA, DELTA STATE .

Participants bring to the notice of the Federal government of Nigeria, the Federal Ministry of Finance, Stake Holders of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria(YouWIN) connect programme, all concerned Nigerians who are passionate about the development of young entrepreneurs and youth in Nigeria, and the general public that:

(i) As part of the ongoing YouWIN connect capacity building programme, an in-class sector specific training tagged 'YouWIN Connect Academy' held in Labour House, Asaba, Delta state from Wednesday 14th March to Friday, 16th March, 2018.

(ii) 250 persons were invited via emails and SMS from various towns, cities and communities of Edo and Delta States of which 245 persons were in attendance.

(iii) Participants at Asaba YouWIN Connect Academy make a small percentage of the 5000 National, Regional and State winners who had been chosen from over 61,000 persons who partook in the online training and are receiving training scheduled to take place in 25 locations across the six geopolitical zones for 3 days each. It was a face to face training that was delivered by J.K. Consulting Co. Ltd which builds on what participants previously learnt during the online training and will hopefully increase participants’ chances of succeeding as business owners.

(iv) Participants received trainings targeted at specific sectors of Information and Communication Technology, Fashion, Agriculture/ Agro- processing, Manufacturing, and construction with Business Model Canvass (BMC), Cluster specific BMC and Business Plan, as courses taken and were given Certificates at the end.

(v) Participants commend the Federal Government, the Federal Ministry of Finance and all stake holders of the YouWIN connect programme for the brilliant initiative targeted at empowering young entrepreneurs of our dear country Nigeria.

(vi) Participants commend all resource persons used for all the trainings in all locations across the 6 geo political zones of the country, especially J.K. Consulting Co. Ltd who anchored the programme at the Asaba venue.

(vii) Participants also commend the various Government officials especially the representative of the YouWIN connect programme Mr. Yemi Bello who took out time to visit and ensure the smooth running of the programme and responded to the questions raised at the interactive sessions.

(viii) Participants also highly commend all trainees who partook in the training for their high level of commitment, good conduct and active participation that led to the success of the 3–day training, all of whom solely bore the cost of transportation, hotel accommodation and other logistics on their own.

(ix) Participants observe with serious concern that the YouWIN connect programme had gone through different sequential stages of awareness, campaign to registration, application, selection, online training and face to face training, with promises that:

a) All successful participants will receive certification on completion of the training and will be required to submit a business plan for areas where their businesses require improvements.

b) All successfully funded businesses (start-up/existing) will receive a 1 year business development support (this includes introducing businesses to DFIs for further funding)

(x) Participants observe that at the various stages of the application, selection and online training, several persons were dropped based on merit. Participants also observe with disdain that there hasn't been a scheduled time table for the YouWIN connect programme.

(xi) Participants note with interest that at the awareness campaign held in various locations especially in Labour House, Asaba, Delta state and Elora Hotel, Benin City Edo state in July 2017, they were told that they could access as much as ₦10,000,000 to ₦25,000,000 for their individual businesses.

(xii) Participants bring to the remembrance of the government that the present successful 5000 winners who took/are taking part in the ongoing face to face training across the country were chosen from about 61,000 persons who took the Youwin LMS online training sessions and scored very high marks.

(xiii) Participants also note that the 5,000 successful participants were tagged WINNERS based on National, Regional and State merit.

(xiv) Participants note that all who attended the training came with the same mind that they had scaled the hurdles of competition and are to be beneficiaries of the Federal Government Funding for their individual businesses.

(xv) Participants also bring to the notice of the government and the general public that FUNDING is a major SETBACK for young entrepreneurs partaking in this programme.

(xvi) Participants were informed by the YouWIN connect Representative that only ₦2.5 billion was set aside for series funding. Little as this may be, participants are shocked that the said sum of money will be open to all, including those who never partook in the YouWIN connect process, from the beginning, connoting that very few participants' businesses if any will be funded. Not to mention the information we came to be aware of, that little or no preference will be given to 5,000 acclaimed Winners.

(xvii) Participants observe with concern that it is quite disheartening, discouraging and highly deceptive to have made 5000 acclaimed Winners to leave their homes, families, businesses, solely bearing the cost of transportation, hotel accommodation and logistics for mere training and certification. One may ask what then have been won by the National, Regional and State acclaimed Winners? What is going to be the benefit of all the sacrifices made so far? Of what benefit is business knowledge without capital to execute?

(xviii) Participants wish to remind the government that the Youwin connect programme can take the lead in empowering young entrepreneurs to plan, start and grow their businesses and become business moguls who will impart positively on the economy of Nigeria in the nearest future. This would lead to creation of jobs and decline in the high unemployment rate of our dear country.

(xix) Participants wish to state confidently that no investment in young entrepreneurs will be too much as the massive positive impact cannot be overemphasized.

(xx) Participants use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government to make enough FUNDS available to the 5,000 National, Regional and State Winners who participated in the YouWIN connect academy in all locations of the training in Nigeria, as soon as their business plans are submitted. Doing otherwise may mean that government has no confidence in the quality of trainings (online and face to face) they offered to participants and this could be interpreted as manipulation and Oppression of young entrepreneurs. The government should note that even if a percentage of the 5,000 acclaimed WINNERS end up successful, the YouWIN connect programme will still be considered a huge success.

(xxi) Participants wish to state that if funds are given to all the 5000 acclaimed winners, who have workable business plans, a level playing ground would be created for all to perform. All these young entrepreneurs could become the future Dangotes, Otedolas, Elumelus, etc and many other big names in business in Nigeria today.

(xxii) Participants strongly support the idea of grants or equity funding for the sustainability of the YouWIN connect programme and ask for close monitoring for all would be recipients of the proposed funds.

(xxiii) As earlier stated, participants re – emphasize that they believe in the YouWIN connect programme to take the lead in empowering Young Nigerian entrepreneurs as done by other organizations like Shell LiveWire, Tony Elumelu Foundation who still fund young entrepreneurs till date.

Signed

YouWIN Edo - Delta master class participants

4 Likes

Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by phyllosilicate(m): 6:32am On Mar 22, 2018
mazoji:

Have you done your training?
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by prudentkolly(m): 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2018
The university of Ibadan Youwin training centre rounded off rowdy, when the Youwin representative said its ends with useless certificate. We are planning to move this corporate scam to media for Nigerians to hear this.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by KennethBen(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2018
erad:
This is just another proof of how mentally lazy most Nigerians are.
Even in the attached video, the emphasis was on gaining 'knowledge'.
This obsession with money really needs to be piped down.
How does a training make sense to you when all you are concerned about is money which wasn't even expressly stated in the first place that you'll be given?
She spoke more about teaching people how to seek for funds, and very little about actually funding the businesses.
They asked you to submit your business plans for improvement in areas that need it and you assumed that improvement means funding.
How do you become a successful entrepreneur when you can't even pay attention to details?
And here you are blaming a government for not giving you something they didn't promise you.
It's just so sad that anyone will even make this an issue.
It's more sad that people with 'working' brains actually came to support this nonsense.
Better still, why not sue them to court for fraud and misleading you since your proofs are so tangible?
Y'all need to be less emotional and use your brains more.
Maybe the government isn't working, I really don't care.
But I haven't seen any sort of scam in all that has been stated.

Thank you.

I agree with you bro.. I just choose to keep my cool, cos Nigerian youths are so angry and can kill you if you are the only odd one out, Lol
I attended the Master-class for Abuja, I'm among the 5,000 selected, I got my certificate as well, I was disappointed when I saw older people think like kids, Business plans will be required, and so many were angry, and called themselves successful already, that they needed the money, they even asked questions like, "When are we getting the 10 million" as if they did rocket science to arrive at the final stage. Lol. One woman beside me was already talking to another lady about how she's going to buy a new car with YouWiN money grin

Don't get me wrong, the training was tedious because of the time you will have to sacrifice and also data, for people like us that streamed the videos online the whole time. but if you're not lazy or have gone through more tedious task, you'll find out the online training was not much of a big deal, I saw some level of intelligence in the whole arrangement of the YouwiN connect scheme, from the online training to their criteria of selection..

All I am trying to say is, let's watch out for the next step, If there is anything fishy, then we can all come out with our Arsenal of public awareness to make sure they follow their initial plan for the YouWiN connect. so far, I've not seen any deviation, all they promised from the onset is on point, we all have our certificates, let's wait for the request to submit business plans. Let;s not use our strengths to pull ourselves down by our impatience.. Go about your normal activities, If none. Learn something new wink
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by kdon0000: 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2018
KennethBen:

I agree with you bro.. I just choose to keep my cool, cos Nigerian youths are so angry and can kill you if you are the only odd one out, Lol
I attended the Master-class for Abuja, I'm among the 5,000 selected, I got my certificate as well, I was disappointed when I saw older people think like kids, Business plans will be required, and so many were angry, and called themselves successful already, that they needed the money, they even asked questions like, "When are we getting the 10 million" as if they did rocket science to arrive at the final stage. Lol. One woman beside me was already talking to another lady about how she's going to buy a new car with YouWiN money grin

Don't get me wrong, the training was tedious because of the time you will have to sacrifice and also data, for people like us that streamed the videos online the whole time. but if you're not lazy or have gone through more tedious task, you'll find out the online training was not much of a big deal, I saw some level of intelligence in the whole arrangement of the YouwiN connect scheme, from the online training to their criteria of selection..

All I am trying to say is, let's watch out for the next step, If there is anything fishy, then we can all come out with our Arsenal of public awareness to make sure they follow their initial plan for the YouWiN connect. so far, I've not seen any deviation, all they promised from the onset is on point, we all have our certificates, let's wait for the request to submit business plans. Let;s not use our strengths to pull ourselves down by our impatience.. Go about your normal activities, If none. Learn something new wink

not that you are totally correct but its imperative that they make their stance known to the govt that they wont accept any game or stories. Many people have learnt more than enough before going except you are one of those that need the training.not that am condemning the training but business ideas need fund to help actualize it. Let them not use these formula to siphon the money to non existent ghost business plans or them selves or relatives, or friends.
In nigeria, anything can happen. They have to open their eyes wide.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Oppolloeye2: 5:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
My friend was the consultant bfor the Southeast and I attended the training, unlike the first Youwin, it was stressed here that funds would not be given out like the last time.

Now that these guys have been trained they should do the needful and submit their business plans as required, there's no free money anywhere!

Most of the people complaining are jobbers but jobbers are in for a hard Knock life !
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by Slayer1914: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
Some believe the current YouWin Connect is all about giving grant/money. It was clearly stated at its commencement that it isn't. The programme has been redesigned and it focuses on training participants, empowering participants with knowledge and skills.
Re: "YouWin CONNECT Program Disappointed Us" - Participants Cry Out (Photos) by 2017YouWiNners: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2018
Kindly follow the activities of the 5000 2017YouWiN connect Winners on this thread...
https://www.nairaland.com/4417352/communique-issued-participants-2017-youwin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falana Writes Buhari Govt To Withdraw The Case Against Onnoghen / Yul Edochie Begs FG: Release Kanu And Igboho; Follow Line Of Peace, Dialogue / Lagos-kano Rail To Generate 250,000 Jobs – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.