Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad (14627 Views)

2023: Don’t Vote For Atiku, Saraki, Peter Obi - Obasanjo Tells Nigerians / Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents / Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Ofunaofu: 5:18am On Aug 18, 2022
The President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Professor Emmanuel Osodeke, Wednesday, has stated that Nigerian students should not vote for politicians who have their children studying in institutions outside the country.

Osodeke was speaking on a Twitter Space Webinar, organised by Premium Times and tagged, ‘ASUU strike, Revitalisation Fund and the Way Forward.’

Speaking on some of the way forwards on the lingering strike, he said students should not vote for politicians who would not represent their interests.

Osodeke said, “Anybody you believe cannot take care of your interests, whose children are busy studying abroad, who are living abroad, don’t vote for them, I repeat, you don’t need to vote for them, because you don’t vote for people who will take your life.”

Osodeke was responding to question from a popular ENDSARS activist, Rinu Oduala, on what Nigerian students could do amid the lingering ASUU strike.

The PUNCH reports that ASUU has been on strike since February 14, 2022, with hopes on resumption dashed for Nigerian students many times as the lecturers have refused to resume over what they described as the failure of the Federal Government to honour the agreement it had with them.

The PUNCH also reported that ASUU’s meeting with the FG ended in deadlock, Tuesday. Sources familiar with the matter told one of our correspondents that the Federal Government’s team met with the representatives of ASUU at the headquarters of the National Universities Commission.

Speaking further, the union’s President bemoaned comments by the Ebonyi State Governor and Chairman of South-East Governors’ Forum, David Umahi, that university education was not for everybody.

This was as Umahi stressed that it was unreasonable for the Federal Government, led by the President, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to borrow over N1trn to meet the demands of ASUU.

Speaking further on on Twitter, Osodeke said, “Education is about life. A governor was saying education is not for everybody and then we saw his son graduating outside (abroad) with governors around. I will repeat it, the Nigerian students should hold their PVC. Anybody who will not look at their interests, who, in his campaign, will not show that he’s going to improve the Nigerian educational system, they should vote them out.”
https://punchng.com/dont-vote-politicians-with-children-abroad-ASUU-president/

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by ojasans: 5:18am On Aug 18, 2022
And what if all their children are Abroad ?

Get a professional Company Logo or Letterhead Design for 2k Only

Drop Us Your Company Name:

https://forms.gle/tSARTqQcRn3W5wZ96

12 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Kingpin1000: 5:24am On Aug 18, 2022
ASUU should getat, are their children note studying abroad ?

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Very True. But Nigerians don't learn from every mistakes they make. They will vote them and still blame ASUU for embarking on strike.
The politician who did not study abroad and whose children is not studying abroad will not be their preferred candidate at the polls

86 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by desmont004: 5:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Hmm
Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Frankitibobo: 5:24am On Aug 18, 2022
True talk.
Although I don't even see any new Nigerian government paying such tremendous amount to ASUU, considerating Nigeria's economic condition

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Willdone5406: 5:25am On Aug 18, 2022
Obident all the way, if e pain you go and fucking DIE

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Godoverevery: 5:25am On Aug 18, 2022
Shot fired

Non of there PO saint children schooled or is presently living in Nigeria.

We should vote a man who govern a state for 8yrs, couldn't live in that state after is tenure but ran to lagos.

He is a disgrace to Anambra state

We should vote a man who hasn't mentor anyone to success......selfish man.

Ps- Zombies have no brain to reason or think.....they are always obident like headless chickens.

104 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Olarewaju89: 5:26am On Aug 18, 2022
undecided

What is this one saying from his dirty mouth as if his own children are not in private university.
undecided

How on earth do you think Bubu will go and take loan of 1.3 trillion because of ASUU, is that not a madness

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Edoreborn: 5:27am On Aug 18, 2022
Na obedient dem dey talk about ooo cos all his children schools abroad cos i remember during Anambra decide debate when ngige told d moderators to ask him where obi children dey sch,,him come reply say na abroad cos of incessant strike of Nigeria sch..

62 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Ballzproblemm: 5:27am On Aug 18, 2022
tinubu son has sent house abroad ,rocks watch of over $6 million

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Neweramify(f): 5:28am On Aug 18, 2022
You send your child abroad to school.

Why cant you fix your own school to be like that abroad, why?

How can the country improve?

10 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Mercury12(m): 5:28am On Aug 18, 2022
Well from what I had just read I'm thinking this might possibly be the the longest strike ASSU will ever embark on. Y'all students reading this should better brace up and go get something else doing in the meantime

I was also part of the students that suffered from their 5 months strike in 2013, so the situation is quite pathetic . I won't wanna say assu is wicked or being inconsiderate but Nigeria is rich. We can afford to pay service men and women without excuses and still develop the country if not for corruption

13 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by nastyesco(m): 5:29am On Aug 18, 2022
In truth ASUU has always been an organization of selfish people who are only concerned about themselves. They act like they are on strike to save the Universities but its only about their salaries and they don’t want to be held accountable. Its high time tertiary institutions and our States become financially autonomous. This system where everyone has their hands out to the central government is ruining the prospects of this country.
I dedicate this post to lazy Nigerian youths….Aluta continua…strike continua!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Danielle09: 5:29am On Aug 18, 2022
It's a free world, every parent can decide where their kids can school, so mr ASUU presi shut up ur greedy ass and call off the strike

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Oluwaseunbandur: 5:29am On Aug 18, 2022
Metweeeew, they will still vote along tribe and religion

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by ungara17: 5:30am On Aug 18, 2022
95% of Nigeria politicians children are outside Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by mikess: 5:31am On Aug 18, 2022
wait , some sets of people are not awake yet....insults will start dropping .

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by seunmsg(m): 5:31am On Aug 18, 2022
Simply put, don’t vote any Nigerian politician at all because they all send their children to school abroad.

The children of Peter Obi, Bola Tinubu and Atiku all schooled abroad.

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Lordbinsmar: 5:32am On Aug 18, 2022
angry
Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by ufotunang: 5:35am On Aug 18, 2022
Abi ..warn them....tinubu that has no academic certificates if you vote for him and he wins... for the 8 years ASUU strike continues

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by majamajic(m): 5:38am On Aug 18, 2022
Hmmm

So if I have money , I will allow my children to school in nigeria ?
How ? I can't even try that as a business man , talk more of a politician

5 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by abu12: 5:39am On Aug 18, 2022
Godoverevery:
Shot fired

Non of there PO saint children schooled or is presently living in Nigeria.

We should vote a man who govern a state for 8yrs but couldn't live in that state after is tenure but ran to lagos.

We should vote a man who didn't mentor anyone to success......selfish man.

He is a disgrace to Anambra state.

peter obi kept his looted money in foreign country in care of his children, but zombies are here in Nigeria shouting they are obidient. All politician are scammer.

27 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Doctordogood(m): 5:39am On Aug 18, 2022
Our leaders are not interested in fixing our educational system because their children are not schooling here.

Sadly enough, once their children graduate abroad where there are no strikes, they will come back to Nigeria to occupy the limited jobs reserved for them by fathers (greedy politicians).

The interest of the common man in Nigeria is relegated to the background already.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:40am On Aug 18, 2022
seunmsg:
Simply put, don’t vote any Nigerian politicians at all because they all send their children to school abroad.

The children of Peter Obi, Bola Tinubu and Atiku all schooled abroad.

Exactly o. ASUU chairman no reason this one well before he talk am

But let's even reason it well, when I was in school, I found out children of my lecturers (even professors) were studying in Nigeria, atleast for their degree. Some even did their masters here. Is it a kind of condition for them getting the job or does it come with special benefits for them?

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by SmartPolician: 5:41am On Aug 18, 2022
This ASUU leader is sounding like a politician.
Who doesn't know that university education is expensive and not for everyone? Everything about Nigeria is fake, including the country itself. We keep doing things that are practically impossible and think it will work.

What the government needs to do is strengthen basic education (primary to secondary) so that anyone who finishes WAEC or NABTEB exam can get a decent job or start up a business with the certificate. If you wish to pursue university education, you have to sponsor your education.

You cannot keep subsidizing public education in Nigeria, while the graduates, especially those who finished from STEM courses, have no technical knowledge of what they were taught in school and Nigerian schools are nowhere near top 50 universities in the world. We still wonder why Nigerian graduates are not employable.

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by majamajic(m): 5:41am On Aug 18, 2022
abu12:

peter obi kept his looted money in foreign country in care of his children, but zombies are here in Nigeria shouting they are obidient. All politician are scammer.

Obi was a billionaire before them born u , talk more of becoming a governor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by majamajic(m): 5:42am On Aug 18, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

Exactly o. ASUU chairman no reason this one well before he talk am

But let's even reason it well, when I was in school, I found out children of my lecturers (even professors) were studying in Nigeria, atleast for their degree. Some even did their masters here. Is it a kind of condition for them getting the job or does it come with special benefits for them?

Can they afford it ? Lecturers dey get that kind of money ? U think schooling abroad na " madam put pomo ?

5 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Twemi(m): 5:44am On Aug 18, 2022
How many of our so called politicians families are based in Nigeria. Immediately they begin to make some money from politics they relocate there family abroad. Even the so called ASUU leaders, how many of them have there children schooling here in Nigeria?

6 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by Godoverevery: 5:46am On Aug 18, 2022
abu12:

Zombies have no brain to reason or think.....they are always obident like headless chickens.

12 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Osodeke: Don’t Vote Politicians With Children Abroad by densil(m): 5:46am On Aug 18, 2022
So shameful that the called educated Nigerians love suffering and sees suffering as their thing. That's why you will hear "the Nigerian way" which means the hard way. Those that voted for Buhari in 2015 and 2019 hope they're happy with the situation of this country, and those that are busy defending a crop of wicked leader who was and still in the cartel of current set of leaders/ party that have destroyed Nigeria this far. I pray may your foolishness not yeild you your expected end by APC/PDP winning the presidential election. Till date I keep reading about defections from these two devilish parties, then I'm like what the heck, how did we even get here oh Lord?

But you know what, we dare not give up, a better Nigeria is possible through God by Voting Peter Obi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Grounds Lagos, Ogun, Abuja, Commuters Stranded / Governorship Election: Who Are You Voting For Today? / Kaduna Refinery To Be Ready By Q4 2024, Says Lokpobiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.