Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Innoson Motor’s Chairman Fails To Show Up In Court For Arraignment - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson Motor’s Chairman Fails To Show Up In Court For Arraignment (300 Views)

One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / FG Calls For Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motor Boss, Two Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Innoson Motor’s Chairman Fails To Show Up In Court For Arraignment by DennisIkpi2222: 4:11am On Mar 15, 2018
Chairman of Innoson Group, Innocent Chukuma on Wednesday, for the third time failed to attend his arraignment at Ikeja Special Offices Court in Logos.

According to our source, Justice Mojosola Dada, on February 9, 2018, had issued a bench warrant for Innoson's arrest following his failure to appear in court on January 17 and February 9 to take his plea for fraud charges against him by the Economic by EFCC.

At the resumed hearing of the matter yesterday, Justice Dada revealed in court that Innoson had filed a petition against her to the National Judicial Council (NJC).

Following the petition, the judge said she would not take further steps in the hearing of the case until she responds to the petition.

“I have no personal interest in this case, in fact, I’ll be relieved if this case is taken of me as it will be a reduction of my workload.

“This case is adjourned till Wednesday, April 25, for arraignment,” she said.

Earlier, when the case was called for arraignment, counsel to Innoson Motors Nigeria Ltd, Mr. George Uwechue (SAN), told the court that he had filed four applications in the suit.

Uwechue urged the court to first hear his client’s applications before the automobile boss could be arraigned.
The SAN noted that the EFCC had just served the defense with an amended charge despite a pending appeal in the higher court over the charges.

“We have just been served with the amended charge by the EFCC, My Lord, there is a notice of appeal filed against the order of this court.

“There is also at the Court of Appeal, a notice to stay proceedings on this matter, we were not given adequate time to study the charge.

“The charge is an abuse of court processes, there is a charge pending at the Federal High Court filed against the first defendant by the federal government.

In his response, lead prosecution counsel, A. B. C Ozioko, asked that the arraignment take place as scheduled, noting that the applications filed by the defense were a ploy to delay proceedings.

“The defense running to the NJC is immaterial, this case should not be treated as special, it is like any other case, I hear the first defendant may be in court.

“The defense filed five applications, not four as alleged by the senior advocate.

“On January 15, they filed an application challenging the jurisdiction of this court, on Jan.18, they asked for a mandatory injunction that the EFCC not be heard in any of the application.

“On February 5, they filed another application that your lordship disqualifies herself; on February 9, they filed an application requesting for the stay of execution of the order of the bench warrant; and on February 12, they asked My lordship to dismiss the bench warrant.

“Prof. J. N Mbadugha, the counsel to the 2nd defendant has abused court processes, it is not meant to harass and intimidate the court,” he said.

The EFCC prosecutor noted that the anti-graft agency had responded to the five applications and is ready to proceed with the case despite Innoson evading arrest by the EFCC.

“The presence of the Senior Advocate of Nigeria cannot change the fact that the defendants must be physically present in court, that is the law.

“We made efforts to approach the second defendant by going to Enugu, Nnewi, Abuja and going through the back gate of the Senate and now we are here,” he said.

According to the charge sheet, the defendants committed the offences between 2009 and July 2011 in Lagos.
The EFCC alleged that the defendants with intent to defraud, conspired to obtain by false pretenses containers of motorcycle, spare parts and raw materials property of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) from Mitsui OSK Lines Limited, Apapa, Lagos.

Re: Innoson Motor’s Chairman Fails To Show Up In Court For Arraignment by ameri9ja: 4:13am On Mar 15, 2018
LEAVE THIS JOBS-PRODUCING MAN ALONE ALREADY!!!

Arrest the crooked, thieving, good-for-nothing, polithiefians!!

(1) (Reply)

World Bank Commits $8 Million To Nigeria’s First Varsity Ict Park In OAU / You Cant Belief What You Are About To Get For 100% Free / Don't Miss This Offer..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.