Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You (1544 Views)

IPOB Members Frustrated After They Didn't See President Buhari In Japan (photos) / Lagos: What I’ll do in first 100 days if voted governor – Sanwo-Olu / Governor Obiano: "Anambra Made Lagos What It Is" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by tiredoflife(m): 6:00am On Mar 15, 2018
Hmmmm eko oni bajè
Most of us woke up a few days to hear about the Land use charge
We have all being drunk from the start with the wonders of the so called Lagos state model of government while the likes of fashola laid the foundation of another milking factory to feed the elites or the financially awake minds
Some time a few years back in 2004 when I started reading about how to get out of the rat race, I came about an American model of investment where by you can invest in the charges due on a home and hope the home owner defaults
Now this is how it works
The state government places charges on homes like our land use act
They quickly create investment certificates on those charges and sell to the investing public since states need quick cash
These certificates are bought for the amount the home owner is owing with some percentage of interest
As time goes the value of the certificate goes up
As the more time it takes the home owner to pay,there is a penalty for the days delayed.
Now if the home owner doesn't pay and the charges climbs close to the value of the property
The government forecloses on it
Takes the home from the home owner
And auction the said property with the investor given the right of first buyer or waiting to sell off to reclaim is investment in the certificate
This is the motive of the land use charge
For many its evil
For the financially smart its a new way to make money.
So while some think its a way to punish the igbos as I ve read in many online discussions with the phrase if you no like am go ya state.
The real deal is to make investment vehicles for the super rich and smart cool

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 15, 2018
Ipob should invest in the East. I won't like to hear any victimisation stories
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 6:24am On Mar 15, 2018
2ndTC dedicated to those who believe Ambode must go.
#AMBODE MUST GO!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by afroniger: 6:27am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:
2ndTC dedicated to those who believe Ambode must go.
#AMBODE MUST GO!!!

You only have one vote. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 6:29am On Mar 15, 2018
afroniger:

You only have one vote. undecided

I didn't ask 4 any. If I did I'd be overwhelmed.
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by afroniger: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:

I didn't ask 4 any. If I did I'd be overwhelmed.

If you are so sure about that then why don't you run for governor against him? cheesy grin Yeye.

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 6:34am On Mar 15, 2018
afroniger:

If you are so sure about that then why don't you run for governor. cheesy grin Yeye.

Because am not a thief.
Any more questions?

1 Like

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by afroniger: 6:39am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:

Because am not a thief.
Any more questions?

Then you are just an attention seeker. If you are too timid to run for office (maybe out of fear of stealing in office or being wrongly accused of such by the opposition) then leave that task to those with the guts to face the challenges that come with governance. Talk is cheap.

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 6:45am On Mar 15, 2018
afroniger:

Then you are just an attention seeker. If you are too timid to run for office (maybe out of fear of stealing in office or being wrongly accused of such by the opposition) then leave that task to those with the guts to face the challenges that come with governance. Talk is cheap.

You have to have a certain crookedness and inate thievery in u to be a politician in present day Nigeria. That's just a fact.

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by afroniger: 6:55am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:

You have to have a certain crookedness and inate thievery in u to be a politician in present day Nigeria. That's just a fact.

I'm sorry to say this but that is a very senseless and stuupid copout because whether crooked or straight, some people have to step out and vie to lead or govern. Nature hates a vacuum. And it is the same everywhere in the world. Unless maybe you have the means to call down the 'angels' or resurrect the 'saints' to come and rule men. Just because you feel all politicians are 'crooked' doesn't mean that those with the ambition and desire to lead and engage in politics will not do so. It was Aristotle that famously declared that 'man is a political animal'. It is in his nature to engage in politics. Get real.

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by Kingspin(m): 6:57am On Mar 15, 2018
tiredoflife:
Hmmmm eko oni bajè
Most of us woke up a few days to hear about the Land use charge
We have all being drunk from the start with the wonders of the so called Lagos state model of government while the likes of fashola laid the foundation of another milking factory to feed the elites or the financially awake minds
Some time a few years back in 2004 when I started reading about how to get out of the rat race, I came about an American model of investment where by you can invest in the charges due on a home and hope the home owner defaults
Now this is how it works
The state government places charges on homes like our land use act
They quickly create investment certificates on those charges and sell to the investing public since states need quick cash
These certificates are bought for the amount the home owner is owing with some percentage of interest
As time goes the value of the certificate goes up
As the more time it takes the home owner to pay,there is a penalty for the days delayed.
Now if the home owner doesn't pay and the charges climbs close to the value of the property
The government forecloses on it
Takes the home from the home owner
And auction the said property with the investor given the right of first buyer or waiting to sell off to reclaim is investment in the certificate
This is the motive of the land use charge
For many its evil
For the financially smart its a new way to make money.
So while some think its a way to punish the igbos as I ve read in many online discussions with the phrase if you no like am go ya state.
The real deal is to make investment vehicles for the super rich and smart cool
Do we still this type of people who sleep with tribalism and wake up with religion supremacy? If it about tribal and religion country like Dubai would still be desert because 80percent of its residents are migrates.. In other words countries were things are done with good faith the government provide the necessary development first before increment but here they increase over increased and never do any work.. The reason Nigeria is backward are too many.. And till this moment no genuine efforts is seen from both the government and the people to guarantee a better Nigeria, SAD!

1 Like

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 7:00am On Mar 15, 2018
afroniger:

I'm sorry to say this but that is a very senseless and stuupid copout because whether crooked or straight, some people have to step out and vie to lead or govern. Nature hates a vacuum. And it is the same everywhere in the world. Unless maybe you have the means to call down the 'angels' or resurrect the 'saints' to come and rule men. Just because you feel all politicians are 'crooked' doesn't mean that those with the ambition and desire to lead and engage in politics will not do so. It was Aristotle that famously declared that 'man is a political animal'. It is in his nature to engage in politics. Get real.

Aristotle was not talking about present day Nigeria or he would have said "crooked man is a political animal". There are more than enough of them in Naija. Just being near them would repulse an honest man.

1 Like

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by afroniger: 7:15am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:

Aristotle was not talking about present day Nigeria or he would have said "crooked man is a political animal". There are more than enough of them in Naija. Just being near them would repulse an honest man.

Ok 'Mr. Honest'.

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 7:19am On Mar 15, 2018
afroniger:

Ok 'Mr. Honest'.

Just telling it like it is. Are u a polithiefian? Or the Ambode guy himself?

1 Like

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by afroniger: 7:26am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:

Just telling it like it is. Are u a polithiefian? Or the Ambode guy himself?

I am not yet a politician but I have the ambition to run for office in the near future. And unlike you I refuse to be deterred by the fear of being called a 'thief' by nonentities, especially when I know I won't be going there to loot but to serve my community. I am not 'too honest' to engage in politics. To each his own, I guess. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 7:30am On Mar 15, 2018
afroniger:

I am not yet a politician but I have the ambition to run for office in the near future. And unlike you I refuse to be deterred by the fear of being called a 'thief' by nonentities, especially when I know I won't be going there to loot but to serve my community. I am not 'too honest' to engage in politics. To each his own, I guess. undecided

You don't seem to understand. You have to already have a thieving mentality. You have to buy the nomination form for millions, then u have to spend millions more - more than the job will ever legitimately pay in 50 years!!

1 Like

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by afroniger: 7:36am On Mar 15, 2018
ameri9ja:

You don't seem to understand. You have to already have a thieving mentality. You have to buy the nomination form for millions, then u have to spend millions more - more than the job will ever legitimately pay in 50 years!!

Bro, to each his own. But just know that your low opinion about politicians won't stop both 'honest' and 'dishonest' members of the society from participating in politics. It is what it is.

2 Likes

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by ameri9ja: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2018
afroniger:

Bro, to each his own. But just know that your low opinion about politicians won't stop both 'honest' and 'dishonest' members of the society from participating in politics. It is what it is.

Only dishonest people with an eye to stealing much more than the ridiculous amounts they spent to get elected.

1 Like

Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by kernel504(m): 9:27am On Mar 15, 2018
angels09:
Ipob should invest in the East. I won't like to hear any victimisation stories

Your fada most be a scum,tortured by Biafra existence. You're the sonn of a fallen angel,from the brown roof republic, grand sonn of Afonja
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 15, 2018
kernel504:

My fada is a scum,tortured by Biafra existence. I am the sonn of a fallen angel,from the brown roof republic, grand sonn of Afonja
Calm down. Fixed.
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by kernel504(m): 9:56am On Mar 15, 2018
angels09:
Calm down. Fixed.
Good essay by an Afonja grandson.
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by tiredoflife(m): 10:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Kingspin:
Do we still this type of people who sleep with tribalism and wake up with religion supremacy? If it about tribal and religion country like Dubai would still be desert because 80percent of its residents are migrates.. In other words countries were things are done with good faith the government provide the necessary development first before increment but here they increase over increased and never do any work.. The reason Nigeria is backward are too many.. And till this moment no genuine efforts is seen from both the government and the people to guarantee a better Nigeria, SAD!

So to you all I said is about tribalism
Don't worry
Soon u will learn the hard way
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by SKhanmi: 10:46am On Mar 15, 2018
It seems like none really understood your post OP, they've digressed from the topic straight away. I guess none are house owners else they would have seen your point where people lose rights to their houses if they default on payment to investors.
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by tiredoflife(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
SKhanmi:
It seems like none really understood your post OP, they've digressed from the topic straight away. I guess none are house owners else they would have seen your point where people lose rights to their houses if they default on payment to investors.

These are what we have being cursed with as a nation
I found this out 2004 when I barely left secondary school
But see how I am giving kids knowledge I found out when I was their age
Yet its all about tribe
The foolish ones who claim to be lagosians don't even see it that this law is an attempt to render them homeless in the near future
I hope to cash in on this when it begins
Re: The Land Use Charge Of Lagos .what They Didn't Tell You by Kingspin(m): 9:29pm On Mar 15, 2018
tiredoflife:

So to you all I said is about tribalism
Don't worry
Soon u will learn the hard way
According to profession Soyinka recently, “We have earned the term of shithole. Nigeria is sick and empty. Some retrogressive forces won’t just stop. Everything Nigeria touches rusts.”

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Likely WAEC 2019 Questions. Answer All / FFK Under Fire For Speaking Against Arabic Words Inscribed On The Coat Of Arms / Imo 2019: How Allied Forces Will Share Imo APC Ticket In 2019.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.