Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet (16710 Views)

Do You Still Drive Your Car With AC? / 4 Ways To Show Some Love To Your Automatic Transmission / "Why Manual Cars Are Better Than Automatic Cars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Viking007(m): 8:53am On Mar 15, 2018
hokafor:
Who is posting this crap. U cannot drive automatic vehicle comfortable with both feet
Like it's not just possible. This thread is very misleading. To the novice, please don't try this!

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Viking007(m): 8:56am On Mar 15, 2018
nairalanduseles:
stupid post u can never drive automatic with two feet it wont work.....
its like saying driving a manual with one foot.
just shows how naive nairalanders are..
naira land useles
Very naive and gullible, and it's on front page! Very false and misleading information.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by taretoofine(m): 8:57am On Mar 15, 2018
Oya people Wey get motor..need to buy a car before I can comment.. undecided
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by peacettw: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2018
rottennaija:

There are also many cases where in an emergency, instead of stepping on a brake, the driver mistakenly steps on the accelerator. Deadly accident.

True but the chances of that happening when using one foot are greatly reduced. That's the whole point

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by taretoofine(m): 8:59am On Mar 15, 2018
Oya people Wey get motor..need to get a job before buying a car before comment.. undecided
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 15, 2018
I feel embarrassed to say I drive auto with both feet and all the people I have taught driving (wife, friend etc) also use it.

Embarrassing, but I have tried to stop it to no avail.

Being driving for 18 years, but still couldn't change it.

Never had issue with it. Driven from Lagos to Kwara state several times with it.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Liftme(f): 9:38am On Mar 15, 2018
cross8701:
Are there actually people who drive with both feet
I wonder...

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by highchief1: 9:39am On Mar 15, 2018
nairalanduseles:

keep decieving urself u think say the house u build for Lego na house.......poverty kee u
hmmm poverty?u didn’t even notice my moniker.i have removed a lot of ppl from that level I can remove u too be humble and contact me
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by whiteprince(m): 9:42am On Mar 15, 2018
We wey no get car... Me I drive my legedis benz with both legs... No time to waste abeg.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by zicoraads: 9:46am On Mar 15, 2018
To each his own, however you want to do it is your business. There is no rule that says it is wrong. This is just your own opinion.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by zicoraads: 9:48am On Mar 15, 2018
Jarus:
I feel embarrassed to say I drive auto with both feet and all the people I have taught driving (wife, friend etc) also use it.

Embarrassing, but I have tried to stop it to no avail.

Being driving for 18 years, but still couldn't change it.

Never had issue with it. Driven from Lagos to Kwara state several times with it.
That is why I said to each his own.

I drove manual for long. Popsy's car. Now anytime I drive automatic, depending on how relaxed or not I am, I may decide to use both feet or just one.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Papichulo8888(m): 9:49am On Mar 15, 2018
I drive my automatic car with both legs perfectly, no mistakes,no issues, no story,have been driving with both legs for the past 10years now..NO ISHY.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by ochukoprosper(m): 9:50am On Mar 15, 2018
[quote author=nairalanduseles post=65852188][/quote]

Poor mentality!!! Dont u know Ur current proud life is another man's trash?
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by nairalanduseles: 10:29am On Mar 15, 2018
highchief1:
hmmm poverty?u didn’t even notice my moniker.i have removed a lot of ppl from that level I can remove u too be humble and contact me

selling used 2007 cars hahahahah u are very poor i am a fucking safety officer on the rails in the usa........i make more money in a month than u will ever make in 2 years ... lol
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by obatoro: 10:31am On Mar 15, 2018
How can you ever be comfortable driving automatic with two legs haba!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by nairalanduseles: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2018
Papichulo8888:
I drive my automatic car with both legs perfectly, no mistakes,no issues, no story,have been driving with both legs for the past 10years now..NO ISHY.

when u say u drive with both legs do u accelerate and break .....makes no sense ....Nigerians are really stupid...thank God am not with u shit ppl

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by highchief1: 10:49am On Mar 15, 2018
nairalanduseles:

selling used 2007 cars hahahahah u are very poor i am a fucking safety officer on the rails in the usa........i make more money in a month than u will ever make in 2 years ... lol
lol USA does not scare me na I have visited severally u don’t just no me.the kinda life I live here my brother u can’t afford it there I’ll be coming again in November drop ur digits I’ll call you and spoil u I’m too big for u bro no jokes
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by sylvez(m): 10:49am On Mar 15, 2018
I nova drive manual talk more of automatic. but I promise to use one leg for automatic. vision 2023
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by nairalanduseles: 10:59am On Mar 15, 2018
[quote author=highchief1 post=65855881]lol USA does not scare me na I have visited severally u don’t just no me.the kinda life I live here my brother u can’t afford it there I’ll be coming again in November drop ur digits I’ll call you and spoil u I’m too big for u bro no jokes [/quote

empty barrels make the loudest noise u re broke if u re selling one old 2007 car ........google how much rail safety workers are paid in texas..........i don't want to boast but my bro shoe get size]
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by highchief1: 11:27am On Mar 15, 2018
[quote author=nairalanduseles post=65856165][/quote]ok o rail safety abi...go and read about delta state politicians what we make.hmmm I greet u
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by rottennaija(m): 11:59am On Mar 15, 2018
peacettw:

True but the chances of that happening when using one foot are greatly reduced. That's the whole point

Actually, the chances of that happening when using both feet, (right for acceleration and left for break) is greatly reduced.

Personally, I prefer to be save than sorry. I use both feets when driving, After all, the other feet isn't doing anything... and I had perfected the act.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by peacettw: 12:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
rottennaija:

Actually, the chances of that happening when using both feet, (right for acceleration and left for break) is greatly reduced.

Personally, I prefer to be save than sorry. I use both fit when driving, After all, the other feet isn't doing anything... and I had perfected the act.

If it works for you, then that;s kk as well. later

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by lifehackmax(m): 12:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
peacettw:
When I learnt how to drive, I was taught to use both feet.
My dad on wanting to see my new skills asked that I take him for a ride around our neighbourhood. He found out that I was struggling with the two feet rule and taught me to use one foot instead. His reason was that when an emergency arises on the road, my reflexes will be quicker and more accurate if using one foot rather than the two. 10 years later, I can only say that he was damn right.

**Just read the op's write up and it confirms exactly what my father had told me.

What happened 10 years later?
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Papichulo8888(m): 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2018
nairalanduseles:

when u say u drive with both legs do u accelerate and break .....makes no sense ....Nigerians are really stupid...thank God am not with u shit ppl

only a dumbass will say u accelerate and brake concurrently , does that make any sense to u at all , driving with 2 legs means u r using the 2 legs when needed, using the left leg with ease when u need to brake and accelerate with the right leg that needs more attention, use ur brain.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Papichulo8888(m): 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
Papichulo8888:

only a dumbass will say u accelerate and brake concurrently , does that make any sense to u at all , driving with 2 legs means u r using the 2 legs when needed, using the left leg with ease when u need to brake and accelerate with the right leg that needs more attention, use ur brain.

you need to be smart with good reflexes to drive with both legs tho, such skills are not meant for dullard so dont try it.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by iamolatunay(m): 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2018
Funny enough...I use both feet...and have been trying to change it..i has not been easy...anytime I try to I just don't feel comfortable...i learn how to drive on my on ...maybe that y tho
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by peacettw: 2:40pm On Mar 15, 2018
lifehackmax:

What happened 10 years later?

A couple of accidents.... Nothing serious... My car has been bashed, tyres blown out a couple of times all on the highway, brake failing etc but to be fair I have equally bashed one or two persons as well. All in all, I learnt that my ability to surmount these harrowing issues came largely from knowing when to brake and when not to at the dire second. And thanks to my mastery to navigate with one foot, I hardly ever failed.
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by Badb0y4lyf(m): 9:40am On Jul 09, 2018
nairalanduseles:
naira land useles

What this one saying it the way you condition your brain I drive better with two legs than with one
Just no matter the emergency you can never use your right hand to clean your ass when you use the toilet it works that way.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by 1stNumeroUno: 10:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
ttshems:

But Manual is were the fun is

Not on Lagos crazy road sha...
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by gmailloginok: 4:00am On May 29, 2019
yes, this is interesting, thank you for share, gmail email login
Re: This Is Why You Should Not Drive Your Automatic Cars With Both Feet by coolh3ad(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2019
nairalanduseles:
naira land useles

Very very funny. I know someone who drives automatic with two feet....Not a new thing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Gets Ticket Dismissed After Driving On Autopilot With Feet Out Of Window / 6 Key Components Of Your Car And How To Extend Their Lifespan / Lamborghini Urus Facts: Top 10 Things You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.