Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,283 members, 7,867,754 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Yahaya Bello Secretly Recruiting State Police Says Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yahaya Bello Secretly Recruiting State Police Says Dino Melaye (354 Views)

Yahaya Bello Refuses To Wear Face-Mask After Meeting With Buhari / Group Reacts As Police Says Daughter Of Ex-gov’s Aide Not Kidnapped, Went To Boy / Dino Melaye On INEC Server: When they claim they don't have a server show them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Secretly Recruiting State Police Says Dino Melaye by neolboy(m): 8:15am On Mar 15, 2018
Senator Dino Melaye (Kogi West), yesterday alleged that Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State had introduced state police “through the back door.”

Speaking on the floor of the Senate, Melaye claimed the vigilante service law that had already been signed by the governor was an affront to the constitution.

The Senator alleged that the law was in conflict with Section 214 of the Constitution that established the Nigerian Police Force, saying “I bring to the Senate a plan by Kogi State government to introduce state police through the back door.

“This morning (yesterday), I bring to the Senate a law passed by Kogi State Assembly and signed into law by the governor that talks about the establishment service.

“I heard that it is a law of the government and when I went through this law, this law is in conflict with the constitution of Nigeria. This alters the law of the Nigerian police as stipulated in Section 214 of the constitution.

“It is a fact that states can make laws through the state House of Assembly. But the law they make must not be in conflict with the constitution.

“A section of the law passed by Kogi State government reads: ‘the vigilante group will be involved in the prevention and detection of crimes, apprehension of criminals, preserving law and order, protection of lives and properties and will assist other paramilitary agencies in the discharge of their duty’.

“The affront to the constitution is in Section 15 of that law ‘that this service can carry Dane guns and other light weapons that is commensurate with their duties’.”
He added that this was how the Maitatsine crisis started in Kano.

On his part, Senator Emmanuel Bwacha (Taraba South) said the security situation in the country must be addressed, lamenting that “if we do not stop everything and address this matter, we will wake up one day and the country will not be here.”

Senate begins probe

Thereafter, the Senate mandated its committee on intelligence to liaise with the office of the National Security Adviser, NSA, to assess the law.

source:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/gov-bello-introducing-state-police-through-back-door-dino-melaye/
Re: Yahaya Bello Secretly Recruiting State Police Says Dino Melaye by Sapnaprem(f): 8:18am On Mar 15, 2018
This onigbese will not kill sombori.
neolboy:
Senator Dino Melaye (Kogi West), yesterday alleged that Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State had introduced state police “through the back door.”

Speaking on the floor of the Senate, Melaye claimed the vigilante service law that had already been signed by the governor was an affront to the constitution.

The Senator alleged that the law was in conflict with Section 214 of the Constitution that established the Nigerian Police Force, saying “I bring to the Senate a plan by Kogi State government to introduce state police through the back door.

“This morning (yesterday), I bring to the Senate a law passed by Kogi State Assembly and signed into law by the governor that talks about the establishment service.

“I heard that it is a law of the government and when I went through this law, this law is in conflict with the constitution of Nigeria. This alters the law of the Nigerian police as stipulated in Section 214 of the constitution.

“It is a fact that states can make laws through the state House of Assembly. But the law they make must not be in conflict with the constitution.

“A section of the law passed by Kogi State government reads: ‘the vigilante group will be involved in the prevention and detection of crimes, apprehension of criminals, preserving law and order, protection of lives and properties and will assist other paramilitary agencies in the discharge of their duty’.

“The affront to the constitution is in Section 15 of that law ‘that this service can carry Dane guns and other light weapons that is commensurate with their duties’.”
He added that this was how the Maitatsine crisis started in Kano.

On his part, Senator Emmanuel Bwacha (Taraba South) said the security situation in the country must be addressed, lamenting that “if we do not stop everything and address this matter, we will wake up one day and the country will not be here.”

Senate begins probe

Thereafter, the Senate mandated its committee on intelligence to liaise with the office of the National Security Adviser, NSA, to assess the law.

source:https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/gov-bello-introducing-state-police-through-back-door-dino-melaye/
Re: Yahaya Bello Secretly Recruiting State Police Says Dino Melaye by uncleiykeman(m): 10:38am On Mar 15, 2018
Every state needs state police√vigilante, now that Buhari's brothers have decided to become terrorists.

(1) (Reply)

Land Use Charge. / Edo Govt. Is Solvent, On Course To More Prosperity – Crusoe Osagie / Dickson Signs Anti-cult Bill Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.