Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters (21169 Views)

Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite / Olusosun Dump Fire Reignites Again (Photos) / PHOTOS: Governor Ambode Visits Olusosun Dumpsite; Defends Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
Is it RSS or RRS?
Its a good move anyways.
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by tilesworld1: 1:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thoniameek:
Was there a prior notice to quit?

Notice to quit a dump site? When did it become a residential area in the first place?
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thoniameek:

The nonsense that you just read

Does chasing them away from there mean they got them a better place? For all we know they’re going to find somewhere same or worst off...

so in you warped akpu logic that place is fit for human living. and those people came from nowhere
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2018
tilesworld1:

Notice to quit a dump site? When did it become a residential area in the first place?

When they started staying there years ago and no bothered to chase them away that’s when
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2018
WinningSun:

so in you warped akpu logic that place is fit for human living. and those people came from nowhere

So in your Harvard logical prowess when people begin settlement they cannot whether or not it is good for them and when it isn’t, if they had somewhere better they would still be there?
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by tilesworld1: 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thoniameek:

Aunty no vex... You still could have passed your message without insults

Here’s the thing: These people have been there for years, if they had somewhere better they wouldn’t be there. And I know a government that cares for its citizens would not just show up one morning and chase homeless people away.

At Eko Atlantic the then Bar Beach, a lot of Lagosians had it there as their home and they were notified even a year before work started there. I know this because I stayed just right opposite the beach

Auntie forget that your human right advocacy. It won't work, wouldn't you rather advice your relation to relocate to under the bridge that living in a dump site. Did you not see that smoke? That's what they inhale day and night. Meanwhile bar beach was never a dump site.
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by SouthSouth1914: 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2018
efilefun:
See as the dude skin fresh.... chaiii while some policemen be looking like burnt offering
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by SouthSouth1914: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2018
kulrunsman79:
Is the man pregnant? Only in Africa that you see gallant officers with pot-bellies. grin grin grin

Nigerian police officers are rarely gallant Bro
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2018
tilesworld1:

Auntie forget that your human right advocacy. It won't work, wouldn't you rather advice your relation to relocate to under the bridge that living in a dump site. Did you not see that smoke? That's what they inhale day and night. Meanwhile bar beach was never a dump site.

Brother I no dey sabi no talk wetin dey bother me... Are you in Lagos? If you are you’d know that all the under bridges are being cleared as well

I’ll still would like to know if they were notified initially. Which would have given time to look for somewhere else. They are human beings and should be treated as such

Bar beach was not a residential area either
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thoniameek:

So in your Harvard logical prowess when people begin settlement they cannot whether or not it is good for them and when it isn’t, if they had somewhere better they would still be there?

I think I have dignified you enough.
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2018
WinningSun:

I think I have dignified you enough.

Oh no! You never had that power

You just showed how callous the human race has gotten

I would say you all should put yourself in their shoes but I wouldn’t wish that for anyone, I mean, they live in a dumb site of all places. It still doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be treated like humans

What’s wrong in telling these people: oh we will need you all to be out of here by next month?

It’s one thing to be homeless and another thing to be homeless, stranded and frustrated
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by alzeheimer(m): 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2018
that place reeks of criminals too...they use that place as a hideout and come out at night to rob passersby and stranded motorists
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by mechanics(m): 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2018
kulrunsman79:
Is the man pregnant? Only in Africa that you see gallant officers with pot-bellies. grin grin grin
funny, at his level, you don't expect him to start fighting criminals, his own is to coordinate, after all, he didn't have pot belly when he started the work, it's time for him to enjoy.

1 Like

Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by kulrunsman79(m): 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2018
alphaconde:

lies

Bros, this is a movie nah
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by mapet: 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
alphaconde:

kulrunsman79: :

lies

I find it amusing(albeit unfortunately) that people make emphatic and emotion laden statements as facts when they don't bother to check or support with evidence
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by divineappo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thoniameek:
Was there a prior notice to quit?
Lagos state govt burnt the place.

the reason is classified
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Queenserah26(f): 4:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
At last sad
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by umuna(m): 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2018
Randomshotz:
Why is it that every police man has potbelly?

Because they usually eat late while on the job and lack of exercise.
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Randomshotz: 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2018
umuna:

Because they usually eat late while on the job and lack of exercise.

Hahahaha. But I think they have potbelly because thatz where they store the curses they receive in per seconds billing.
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
Thoniameek:

Oh no! You never had that power

You just showed how callous the human race has gotten

I would say you all should put yourself in their shoes but I wouldn’t wish that for anyone, I mean, they live in a dumb site of all places. It still doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be treated like humans

What’s wrong in telling these people: oh we will need you all to be out of here by next month?

It’s one thing to be homeless and another thing to be homeless, stranded and frustrated

were they born there? don't they have families. cut us some slack. most of them are criminals.
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by umuna(m): 6:57pm On Mar 15, 2018
Randomshotz:

Hahahaha. But I think they have potbelly because thatz where they store the curses they receive in per seconds billing.

LOL. Not all that are corrupt. I have met some good officers before!
Re: RSS Storm Olusosun Dump Site To Evacuate Squatters by Bcbabe(f): 12:01am On Mar 16, 2018
Thoniameek:

Aunty no vex... You still could have passed your message without insults

Here’s the thing: These people have been there for years, if they had somewhere better they wouldn’t be there. And I know a government that cares for its citizens would not just show up one morning and chase homeless people away.

At Eko Atlantic the then Bar Beach, a lot of Lagosians had it there as their home and they were notified even a year before work started there. I know this because I stayed just right opposite the beach
Ok ma! No be fight! But dump site.........who in their right mind should dwell in such as place....know life is hard......living at that site only make it more hard, if not worse! aside many criminakls terroring Kete and its environment hide there......wondering why it took the authority much time to move in thou cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army To Deploy 197 Troops To Gambia / Labour Party Crisis: Court Orders Substituted Service On Peter Obi's Faction / Nigeria To Tap $37 Billion Market As Firm Confirms Lithium Deposits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.