Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge (29478 Views)

The N589.3M House In Omole As Valued By LASG For Land Use Charge / Lagos State Government's Explanation Of Land Use Charge / Land Use Charge Law Of 2018: Things You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by maclatunji: 2:43pm On Mar 15, 2018
• Cuts commercial charges by 50%,
• Reduces charges for Owner-occupier with 3rd party including industries and manufacturing concerns by 25%
• Waives Penalty for Late Payments across board
• Gives tax credits for LUC charges already paid
• Introduces Instalmental Payment System

The Lagos State Government, in its desire to build world class infrastructure and improve the well-being of its citizens reviewed the Land Use Charges payable by all property owners. This exercise was received with mixed feelings by various interest groups who expressed serious concerns.

In line with this administration’s tradition of inclusive governance and civic engagement, and as a Government that is committed to the welfare of its citizens and understands the importance of continuously engaging the populace, we undertook extensive dialogue with various stakeholders on the Land Use Charge (“LUC”) revised Law and its implementation.

Consequently, we received a wide range of responses from our dialogue with various stakeholders on the amended LUC Law 2018. The stakeholders included the Organised Private Sector, Nigeria Bar Association, Real estate investors & developers, Landlord & Resident Associations, Community Development Associations, Civil Society Organisations, Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industries (LCCI), Nigeria Institute of Estate Surveyors & Valuers and several other professional groups.

These various interactions formed the subject of extensive deliberations at the meeting of the Lagos State Executive Council on Wednesday, March 14th, 2018. The Lagos State Executive Council chaired by His Excellency, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, therefore resolved as follows:

1. Commercial Property: Commercial Property owners, who are undoubtedly the stakeholders mostly impacted by this amended Law will be granted 50% discount. This means a commercial property valued at N20 million which was earlier billed N91,200 will now pay N45,600 per annum.

2. Property Occupied by Owner and Third Party & Property Used for Industrial and Manufacturing Purposes: These categories of property will now enjoy 25% discount. This means that a N20 million property expected to pay N30,720 will now pay N23,040 per annum.

3. Owner-occupied Property: This category of property will enjoy 15% discount. For a N20 million property, this used to be N9,120. Now, it is N7,752 per annum.

4. The penalty regime for late payment of LUC has been waived completely. Therefore, LUC payers who have received their bills will no longer be penalised for late payment of bills issued in 2018, thereby providing additional relief to LUC payers.

5. Other rates and reliefs, apart from the ones stated above, will remain unchanged and will be implemented as stipulated by the Law. These include 40% general relief, 10% for 70 years and above, 10% for properties owned by persons living with disability and 10% for properties that are 25 years old and so on and so forth.

6. Owners of Property across all categories will now be allowed to make payments by instalments. This will help to reduce the burden of taxation on our citizens.

7. We appreciate and commend property owners of all categories who have performed their civic duties faithfully by paying the LUC. Consequently, as a result of these new measures, those who have paid the original amount will be awarded tax credits to the extent of the excess amount paid and carried forward to next year.

It is our fervent desire to ensure that we empower every property owner with the self-assessment provisions of the law. Therefore, we shall forward to the Lagos State House of Assembly for review and passage the following regulations:

a) The Regulation for review of applicable rates and regime of reliefs on Categories of Properties pursuant to LUC Law.

b) The Regulation for a framework for self-assessment

We implore all stakeholders to participate effectively in the legislative proceedings and sincerely appreciate them for trusting the current administration with the responsibility of investing the revenue from LUC in infrastructure renewal and overall development of our State. We will continue to make your tax work for you.

Itesiwaju ipinle Eko lo je wa l’ogun!

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/see-details-lagos-state-government-reduces-land-use-charge-luc/

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2018
bullshit!!!!!who the Bleep values the houses? This criminals in alausa will see a house worth N30M and say it is N600M.God must surely punish both Tinubu band Ambode.What the Bleep do they even mean by the current value of the properties? Did the landlords even tell anyone they wanted to sell their houses?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ambode is a criminal.This stupid act must never be allowed to stand.Wickedness and deceit of the highest order!!!! Shame on him

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
Maclatunji can you please explain to me how that house is valued at N589M? Did the owners even tell you they wanted to sell their houses?

19 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by maclatunji: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:
bullshit!!!!!who the Bleep values the houses? This criminals in alausa will see a house worth N30M and say it is N600M.God must surely punish both Tinubu band Ambode.What the Bleep do they even mean by the current value of the properties? Did the landlords even tell anyone they wanted to sell their houses?

I think Estate Surveyors and Valuers are fighting to be the ones to do it.

We Nigerians are too lazy when it comes to governance, we expect everything on a platter. This law should never have been passed in this form if many of the people posing as 'enlightened opinion leaders' actually know their left from their right.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by herraph: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ambode aren't you a fool ?

23 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by yomalex(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
lol

We have also reduced the rate for bulk sms website setup so get yours today www.domesms.com/bulk-sms-setup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by obajoey(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2018
My visa to Canada this year will not pass me by in JESUS MIGHTY NAME.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by Bustincole(m): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
This Govt. aint jokin at all

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by jashar(f): 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2018
it's like ambode doesn't want to run for 2nd term sha.... undecided

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by jashar(f): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
obajoey:
My visa to Canada this year will not pass me by in JESUS MIGHTY NAME.

abeg, take me with you. i'm portable... grin

17 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by adisabarber(m): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
The problem is not the RATE, it is the VALUATION. These people think we are idiots. 50% of 5m is 2.5m per year on a house on half plot of land

12 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by PaChukwudi44(m): 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2018
maclatunji:

I think Estate Surveyors and Valuers are fighting to be the ones to do it.

We Nigerians are too lazy when it comes to governance, we expect everything on a platter. This law should never have been passed in this form if many of the people posing as 'enlightened opinion leaders' actually know their left from their right.

the stupid and useless law should be thrown to the dustbin!!! The houses should only be valued if the owners want to sell it.This law is inhuman and draconian and will never stand!!!! This law will mark Ambode's waterloo in lagos.Mark my words

22 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
The reason for this reduction is because ambode doesn't want anything to affect his re-election for a second term even though most of us know that vote doesn't count in Lagos state.Election results are written in bourdilon,ikoyi.

2 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by propanet(m): 3:08pm On Mar 15, 2018
Why won't Ambode extort you Lagosians when you keep praising him as if he is using his own personal money to develop the state

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by Yankee101: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
Power belongs to the people folks

2 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by Jerryojozy(m): 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2018
Ambode listen and listen good, our concern here is not the rate but valuation. A house of #500,000 will be valued 10m by the government and expect the land use charge to be paid. Ambode trash this useless law.

Eko don de baje ooo!!

Genius J

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by mybestlove(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
I't is still too much. In Europe, taxes on houses are based on square metres occupied (size) and not market value. What are your bases of valuation. This is just to destroy Lagos property business.

Ambode is a greedy Sherlock.

His main target is the Ibo business men who are developing Lagos for him.

Nigerians have been taken for fools; just raise it up when they lament then, cut it small they'll accept and pay.

Very very soon, businesses are going out of Lagos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by duni04(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2018
Next year's election will be dicey. It's very unlikely that the APC will return to power. Our streets are overflowing with refuse, that idiot governor in Alausa bought over Lekki concession company nd then increased the toll, other rates and taxes are increasing with no VISIBLE impact on infrastructure. There is no way people with brains in their heads and stomachs to feed will vote APC.

19 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by Hemanwel(m): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
I still do not get these explanations.

Is the percentage discount off the charge for each category? Like:

1. 50% off N91200
2. 25% off N30720
3. 15% off N9120

If that is it, it is still not welcomed at this period of hardship in the land.

This Ambode of a guy is just bent on creating more avenue to further enrich Tinubu. Is he there as governor to serve Tinubu or Lagosians?

4 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by BCISLTD: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
angry bros Ambode....I thought they said you were an accountant..How can 50% reduction a faulty valuation remedy the issue....

Cancel the whole exercise now...

2 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by Somebodydaddy01: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
Make I park my load .....I don port my people
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by stevecantrell: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

the stupid and useless law should be thrown to the dustbin!!! The houses should only be valued if the owners want to sell it.This law is inhuman and draconian and will never stand!!!! This law will mark Ambode's waterloo in lagos.Mark my words

Haha..talk as if Ambode is the problem. APC is the problem.

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by olaboy1: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2018
At the end of the day people must pay if they want good infrastructure. 50% and 25% reduction is a good bargain.

Nigerians like Awoof too much. The property owners with their exorbitant rents will be the first to convert their Naira to dollar and go on shopping spree abroad buying expensive Balenciaga, Gucci etc with high tax.

But to pay tax at home na wahala.

1 Like

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by ademusiwa3r: 3:17pm On Mar 15, 2018

2 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by obajoey(m): 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2018
No problem, just pray along with me.
jashar:

abeg, take me with you. I'm portable... grin
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by verygudbadguy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
Welcome development..

This means Ambode is a listening Governor.
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by duni04(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2018
olaboy1:
At the end of the day people must pay if they want good infrastructure. 50% and 25% reduction is a good bargain.

Nigerians like Awoof too much. The property owners with their exorbitant rents will be the first to convert their Naira to dollar and go on shopping spree abroad buying expensive Balenciaga, Gucci etc with high tax.
Bros abeg no vex me this afternoon! Nigerians like awoof like how? What service is the Lagos state government rendering to home owners in Lagos to justify collecting Land use charge and property tax yearly? I'm paying Lawma fee and my street is piling with refuse. Im paying property tax and the road to my house is not motorable. Is this what obtains in other countries?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by ajl: 3:20pm On Mar 15, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

I think that's where the problem is. But paying (0.225%) $129 (N45k) on property worth $56,000 (N20 milliin) almost amount to nothing. Where I live I pay about (1.074%) $3000 for a $280k property... though there is no state income tax.

My only issue is govt accountability and Tinubu getting a cut from all these transactions.
Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by naijjaman(m): 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
God has a way of making a beloved governor lose his value and standing.

Ambode should reject all these nonsense before his political career is over. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: See The Full Details Of Lagos State Govt. Reduction Of Land Use Charge by ChiefSweetus: 3:21pm On Mar 15, 2018
angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From Fire Incident At Iyana-ipaja, Lagos / Cheapest Place To Rent A 2 Bedroom Flat In Lagos | Co-tenant / Affordable Properties In Ogun State For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.