Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Chelsea Goal Keeper, Courtois Blames Self For Chelsea’s Defeat Against Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Goal Keeper, Courtois Blames Self For Chelsea’s Defeat Against Barcelona (371 Views)

Kylian Mbappe Wins Match Ball For Hat-trick Against Barcelona / Ronaldo Reacts To Juventus' 3-0 Victory Against Barcelona / Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Goal Keeper, Courtois Blames Self For Chelsea’s Defeat Against Barcelona by theJournalng(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2018
Belgian goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has rendered himself the fall guy for Chelsea’s defeat against Barcelona on Wednesday night, March 14.

The Blues lost 0-3 against Barcelona at Camp Nou with Lionel Messi scoring a rare brace against the Premier League champions.

The Barcelona talisman preyed on Curtois legs which were vulnerably left open ensuring an easy passage for the ball down to the net.

The Belgian admitted it was all his fault and also noted that individual mistakes robbed them off the tie in both legs.

“I don’t think we deserve to be out, but individual mistakes cost us in both legs.

“The first goal, I didn’t expect Lionel Messi to shoot from that angle and I was too late in closing my legs. It was a mistake on my part.

“There were missed passes from us and they scored from our mistakes. We defended and played well, hit the crossbar which was unlucky on our side but the individual mistakes cost us. We have to be honest about that.

“I played against Messi a lot of time, I have already conceded goals like that before.

“The weakest point is between the legs or a goalkeeper, it is annoying, I cannot hide inside, I have to be a man and come out. I made some good saves too but we go out with conceding four goals from four mistakes.” Courtois was quoted to have said by Express UK.

Source: journalng.com

https://journalng.com/2018/03/15/chelsea-goal-keeper-courtois-blames-self-chelseas-defeat-barcelona/
Re: Chelsea Goal Keeper, Courtois Blames Self For Chelsea’s Defeat Against Barcelona by Homeboiy: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2018
undecided

(1) (Reply)

1999 Throwback Photo Of Polish Coach In Nigeria / 5 Best Predictions For Today 14/04/2018 / Mo Salah’s Specific Guest Request For PFA Awards Sums Him Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.