Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! (2440 Views)

Can't Use Glo Betting Agent Data Plan / You Can't Use These Words On Twitter Again. / How To Transfer Airtime From Mtn To Airtel Or Glo To Etisalat And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by TR1212: 4:04am On Mar 16, 2018
Help please...

For the past five days now, I've not been able to browse or use the airtel internet service properly. I've called them, visited their service center and done all what I can, yet, no solution!!

I use a tecno J8 phone, have an active data sub with about 2G left.

The problem I can't use whatsapp, facebook, instagram, twitter, LinkedIn, and all/any social apps, I can't use chrome to browse.

BUT

I can use the local browser than came with the phone!!
I keep getting notifications from facebook on some activivities but I can't access them on the facebook app.
I also get whatsapp notification that I "may have some new messages", but nothing comes in. Messages I send expire without sending out
The play store also seems to be working just fine, the automatic updates and all are working.

When I remove my SIM from the phone and insert it in my blackberry, it works well and I can use the hot-spot. However, the browser there is also the custom browser. The bbm works(against that of the tecno) but there's not whatsapp, facebook etc to compare.

Please, does anyone have a solution to this? I actually don't want to switch browsing network, mtn and Etisalat aren't friendly with data at all and Glo... Well... I can't shout.

Please, help ooo....
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by TR1212: 9:13pm On Mar 16, 2018
This section must be very boring or did I pot the topic in the wrong section? Haba, people, over 50 views and no comment? angry cry
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by kvngjesse(m): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2018
TR1212:
Help please...

For the past five days now, I've not been able to browse or use the airtel internet service properly. I've called them, visited their service center and done all what I can, yet, no solution!!

I use a tecno J8 phone, have an active data sub with about 2G left.

The problem I can't use whatsapp, facebook, instagram, twitter, LinkedIn, and all/any social apps, I can't use chrome to browse.

BUT

I can use the local browser than came with the phone!!
I keep getting notifications from facebook on some activivities but I can't access them on the facebook app.
I also get whatsapp notification that I "may have some new messages", but nothing comes in. Messages I send expire without sending out
The play store also seems to be working just fine, the automatic updates and all are working.

When I remove my SIM from the phone and insert it in my blackberry, it works well and I can use the hot-spot. However, the browser there is also the custom browser. The bbm works(against that of the tecno) but there's not whatsapp, facebook etc to compare.

Please, does anyone have a solution to this? I actually don't want to switch browsing network, mtn and Etisalat aren't friendly with data at all and Glo... Well... I can't shout.

Please, help ooo....
APN settings issues
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by TR1212: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2018
kvngjesse:

APN settings issues

Finally!! Thanks for your response. However, the settings weren't actually tempered with. I've been using the phone and line for about 2yeara now. I even went to Airtel service center and called the cc severally. They've been sending me series of apn settings texts, yet, nothing!!
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by kvngjesse(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2018
TR1212:

Finally!! Thanks for your response. However, the settings weren't actually tempered with. I've been using the phone and line for about 2yeara now. I even went to Airtel service center and called the cc severally. They've been sending me series of apn settings texts, yet, nothing!!
I'll send you one to try et
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by TR1212: 10:38am On Mar 17, 2018
kvngjesse:

I'll send you one to try et

OK... Thanks... Waiting...
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by scarycuteface(m): 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
That is weird. Have u checked your settings? Clear the data of the apps that are not working. Maybe it will work.
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by TR1212: 10:02am On Apr 05, 2018
Thanks everyone. I've resolved it.
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 05, 2018
TR1212:
Thanks everyone. I've resolved it.
how did u resolve it bro
Re: Airtel Or Phone? I Can't Use The Internet!! by TR1212: 2:50pm On May 18, 2018
aro1:
how did u resolve it bro

My phone settings. Apparently, I restricted internet access over mobile network.

...and I'm a sis, not a bro.

(1) (Reply)

New Iphone 8 For Sale.!!!. / Samsung Galaxy S4 Thread; I Llike This Phone / Iphone X - The Latest Smartphone By Apple. See Specs And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.