Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Why The School Fees Can And Should Not Be Increased So High In AAUA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The School Fees Can And Should Not Be Increased So High In AAUA (494 Views)

ASUU Strike To Be Increased / Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. / Nysc Allowance To Be Increased To #50,000 -gov. To Fg. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The School Fees Can And Should Not Be Increased So High In AAUA by NevetsIbot(m): 1:21pm On Mar 16, 2018
Why The school fees can and should not be increased so high.

Last night was a very annoying night for me. Seeing that the fees of the students at AAUA will be hiked overnight over 700% increment really had me distraught. I refuse to see why this should be so. Why should we pay this much??

Firstly, there has been no increase on the salary of public and civil servants. Our parents have not gotten an increase in their salaries despite the gross economic depreciation of the country. The governor made a statement that people spent above 100k on shoes. Is the government willing to agree that it pays those who work for it peanuts that can not afford good shoes? Our parents are the ones going to fund us. How will they when thwir income has not even been increased??

Secondly, some students are self-sponsored. Some even have to do work in school to be able to meet up even after getting their allowance from their parents. What should be the fate of these students? Should they forfeit their education?

Also, the reason most of the students of AAUA picked the school is bacause the fees falls in the range of amount they can afford! Let's be realistic, if they could afford 200k and above they would probably attend private universities instead knowing they wouldn't have to deal with strikes and delay in the schools

Furthermore, If we are going to have to be paying the proposed school fees, the government better make sure there are waiting jobs for us as soon as we graduate. It's no news that we there are no jobs waiting for 98% of all nigerian undergraduates.

Consequently, I believe in constructive criticism. Let me fire this question at the governor. Sir, you studied law at OAU and graduated in the year 1977. Did you pay fees? Because I was made to believe education was somewhat free then and even if you paid fees.... Were your fees able to buy good shoes with the current economic bliss as at then?? Or did the government ridicule the amount you paid by comparing it with SHOES. Shoe's for heaven's sake!!

Summarily, I'm not saying the fees should not be increased. It should be but it shouldn't be placed at such an outrageous amount that can cripple a lot of people. Most people do not earn up to that in three months! How are they to cope?

With all due respect, i remain unapologetic.
Nevets

Cc lalasticlala, seun, mynd 44
Re: Why The School Fees Can And Should Not Be Increased So High In AAUA by Forens1c: 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2018
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Jamb: 1 Week After Results Still Not Released / After JAMB Exam What Next? See Details / Unilag Post Utme Area Of Concentration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.