Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player (1294 Views)

Super Eagles Coach, Peseiro Applies To Coach Egyptian Club, Zamalek / Slovenian Club Sacks Nigerian Player For Impregnating President’s Daughter / FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by Hotsports: 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2018
World football governing body, FIFA has slammed Egyptian Premier League side, Al Masry, for failure to pay Nigerian forward Jude Aneke’s transfer fee and ordered the club to pay the Nigerian $140,000 (N144m).

FIFA said in a letter communicated to the club that Aneke had convinced it that Al Masry acted in a manner unworthy of a club of its status by withholding his entitlements and threatened heavier sanctions including relegation should the club remain adamant in fulfilling their contractual obligations to the Nigerian.

A letter sent to the club revealed that a verdict passed by the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS), on 24th April 2017, indicted the club of violation of Act 64 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.

It also ordered that the club settles the debt to Aneke within 60 days or the Nigerian forward can write to FIFA to deduct 6 points from the club’s domestic league haul from the ongoing season.

Al Masry had signed the player from Warri Wolves but was unable to pay his wages, prompting the club to seek other means of settling him.

Warri Wolves became impatient and reported Al Masry to FIFA in 2013 as they were ordered to fulfil their financial obligations but has since failed to do so.

In another development, Zamalek was also fined by FIFA for not paying their player, Alexis Enam Mendomo in 2013.

Alexis was said to have left the club in controversial circumstance after making 15 appearances.

A subsequent complaint from the player has now forced a ruling in his favour by FIFA.

Source: http://hotsportstv.com/fifa-order-al-masry-to-pay-jude-aneke-n144m/

Re: FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by Horlaidex(m): 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2018
smiley
Re: FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by NOC1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2018
My boy done harmar
Re: FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by chicoMX(m): 5:55pm On Mar 16, 2018
Person wey work, ought to be paid!
Re: FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by bottlecap: 5:34am On Mar 17, 2018
I remember this guy, a one top scorer in Nigerian league.
Re: FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by LordKO(m): 6:37am On Mar 17, 2018
Wonderful! USD140,000 is now NGN144,000,000. Lol.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by rayblast(m): 7:08am On Mar 17, 2018
Amaju pinnick I see u....... thanks for protecting our football and players
Re: FIFA Orders Egyptian Club To Pay N144m To A Nigerian Player by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 18, 2018
Do our Nigerian clubs pays their players well and promptly?No!

(1) (Reply)

Simeone: My Son Has Everything I Want In A Player, But I Will Never Sign Him / My Experience With Betway / 5 Best Kobe Bryant Quotes In 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.