Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died (61557 Views)

Church Banner With Archbishop Benson Idahosa As Guest Speaker Causes Stir / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by hopefulLandlord: 8:06am On Dec 03, 2023
lifenajeje:

It's no beer palour talk ..

The mighty hand of God was open him ..

Go watch his videos on YouTube or read his book fire in his bones .

Bro, without an autopsy it's automatically beer parlor talk
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2023
farem:
March 12, 2018: 20 Years After

Archbishop Benson Andrew Idahosa:
The man who vividly described his death.

By Leke Beecroft

Today makes it 20 years that the icon and ambassador of the gospel of Christ to the world, Benson Idahosa departed suddenly. He continues to speak loudly even in death. What many do not know is that he actually described in vivid terms how he was to depart when his time was over and that was exactly what happened on the day he died at the ripe young age of 59 years and 6 months. Leke Beecroft brings together the description by Idahosa in one of his sermons “Benefit of Death” of his death with the day he actually died as documented in The Week magazine editions of 17 and 30 March 1998 for the first time ever in his forthcoming book, as yet another evidence that as controversial as he might have seemed, truly, Idahosa was a man of God.

“I will go when my work is finished; therefore when I am gone nobody should be double-minded concerning the will of God for my death. I am going to go by the will of God, not the will of witches or wizards. No man can kill me. Many have tried to hurt me spiritually and physically to no avail.
God has not given the key of the vault in which he has hidden me to any man or devil. He did not invest so much in me only to hand me over to the devil to fulfil his dark and unholy idiosyncracies. I am indestructible by the grace of God, so are you if you know my Jesus. You know, here in Edo land, I do not know about you and where you come from, but here in Edo land, where I am from, when a man dies, the wife is always accused of having killed him.

I share a beautiful life with my wife Margaret, at least as beautiful as my human nature and God’s grace in my life can make it. She is not dreaming of killing me-she is the flesh of my flesh and bone of my bones, the wife of my youth and the mother of my lovely four children. No, when I go it will be by the will and call of God.

You may ask if I am preparing to die. Not at all. I hope to live for at least one hundred and twenty years. I look forward to when I will hobble into the church with my walking stick and sit back on my big chair to listen and watch my children in the ministry show forth the stuff which God has invested in them through the ministry of God committed to me.
But, and this is the big But… if the Lord calls me before then, if He calls me NOW, I am ready to answer ‘’Here I am O Lord’’ with joy and expectation because death is gain. Yes, yes! Ha, I see heaven open and the voice that I hear says ‘’Come up hither!’’
………………………………………………………………………………………………
My going will be a Glorious one, I will NOT be sick and be taken from one hospital to the other. Like Elijah, whew! I will be gone before you can say Jack Robinson…
No. Nobody will mourn me with regret because of a prolonged illness. Nobody will have the pleasure of sympathising with me because of long suffering; that is one of the gifts which I do not have: the gift of Lo-o-ong suffering!
When my day comes, I may be sitting with people in the Church and will go when I hear the call like Rev. Gordon Lindsay did. It is a glorious way to depart. I MAY BE WITH PEOPLE AT HOME AND WHILE WE ARE TALKING, I WILL BE GONE JUST LIKE THAT. That will be a precious death”.

Archbishop Benson Andrew Idahosa

On Thursday, the 12th March, 1998, Idahosa started the day as busy as always. In his office he asked for a cup of tea which he did not drink up. He told one of his staff members; ‘’I am going home’’. This was not strange. But when he repeated it unnecessarily, there was a reason to suspect the unusual but no notice was taken of it. Later that afternoon, at lunch with his guests, he spoke about heaven. He asked them whether they believed it was possible for one to walk to heaven like Elijah did? He said he would prefer to be translated like Enoch and Elijah.
He told them he had a heavenly drink in his cup. He took the “pure heaven” juice on the table and drank from it, making a humorous statement about going to heaven. The drink tasted like heaven’s drink he told his guests. His high sense of humour was on parade.

On that day he had received "members of an educational foundation team from the U.S.-based Oral Roberts University" at the Christian Faith University after ministering in church. He excused himself to go to Miracle Centre, his Church office and prayed with different segments of people at the Church Office and including the Bible School students before he went back to meet his guests at home.

It was a busy period at the headquarters of CGMII, the Archbishop had just returned from one of his many tours, this time from the UK. Members of the Oral Robert University Educational Fellowship (OREF) were at the headquarters of Word of Faith Group of Schools for the yearly OREF program. They were led by Professor Don Petri, a friend of the Benson Idahosa University and a Professor of Christian Education at the Oral Robert University. Both he and all the American participants at the conference were guests at the Archbishop’s home. It was an early afternoon and Idahosa and his guests were at the table. A characteristic humour of the Archbishop eliciting laughter and chatter punched with the lunch. It was a sumptuous meal and both local and international guests were satisfied. Then a fruit juice was passed around in packets of which were printed the brand name “pure heaven”.

The caption started another round of conversation. It was about heaven. Then suddenly, there was a hush as the archbishop broke into the good natured conversation and asked. “how many of you are ready to go to heaven right now? You see he continued; “all Christians talk about heaven and its beauty and desirability but not one is prepared to go there straight away”. I have news for you. I am prepared to go to heaven right now, anyone going with me? Everyone was silent. The mood of the diners changed and went to their rooms. The Archbishop called for Professor Don Petri to join him in one of the mainly sitting rooms in the new Benson Idahosa University. He indicated those aspects of the master plan he had implemented and requested the professor to continue from where he was ending. Yet Professor Don Petri did not understand the meaning of the Archbishop’s words. The Archbishop was the symbol of the university. It could not have entered the mind of anybody that he would be translated a few minutes after.

Shortly after he had spoken instructing a deaconess on what the guests should eat for dinner, he began to repeat the words ‘Thank you Jesus’ then suddenly threw his head back on the easy chair and gave up the ghost. Professor Don Petri did not immediately understand until he saw the body slumping off the chair then Don Petri rushed at him calling for help and laying him on the rug. He tried all the resuscitation techniques that he knew but to no avail, they called for help from the Faith MediPlex but the doctors testified that from the moment he hissed that sigh of relief, he had clearly departed. His going was an air of finality which the doctors knew but could not admit. He was not sick. He never had high blood pressure. He was never down. Even the doctors were surprised that he died because he was not sick at all”.

“I MAY BE WITH PEOPLE AT HOME AND WHILE WE ARE TALKING, I WILL BE GONE JUST LIKE THAT. That will be a precious death”.

Archbishop Benson Idahosa, the undisputed prophet and apostle of Christendom in the twentieth century was gone.

Culled from the soon to be released book:
From Heaven to His Generation: The life and ministry of Benson Andrew Idahosa
by Leke Beecroft
I dont know about the rest of the story, but the highlighted is a BIG, BLOATED BAG OF LIES
1. No doctor would confirm a patient dead by any hiss or sign. None of them indicate respiratory or cardiac arrests
2. We institute CPR irrespective of how a patient dies, unless there is a DNR, and its usually attached to the patient.
3. No doc would tell you that a patient's death is strange simply cos the patient has never been sick. Why? Cos we know someone can be sick and there is no symptomatic expressions. For example, hypertension. Also someone can develop a cardiac (or other) arrests from anything. The person simply slumps and if there is no CPR instituted within 10 mins, the person is gone.
Make una dey take am suffry suffry for the lie nah undecided

1 Like

Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

Bro, without an autopsy it's automatically beer parlor talk
You cant expect any logical reasoning from these theists
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2023
buzos:
What a glorious departure
When did cardiac arrest become a 'glorious departure'?
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2023
LordReed:
Dem never talk true for this matter. 59year old slumping and dying is not normal.
He had a cardiac arrest. The nvmbskulls around him could have saved him with science(even if they later thank their sky daddy)
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:21pm On Dec 03, 2023
petra1:

When a man's.work.is done . what else is he looking for on earth? He died a great man's death. God told Aaron to go up the mountain and die. God told Moses to go up the mountain and die there . they died in the midst of their strenght not carried around like vegetable. the quality of a man's life is what count not how long he lived. John the Baptist died in his 30s Jesus died in his 30s . all of them finished their work. Archbishop said the Christian university was his last assignassignment. He finished his work brother
How do you know he's finished his work? I thought u guys said you won't rest till the gospel has reached all corners of the earth
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:23pm On Dec 03, 2023
triplechoice:

No medical report to let us know cause of death and yet some persons want the public to accept he died of natural causes.

Well ,I heard through the grapevine that he died of sudden heart attack.

Cardiac arrest, not heart attack. Heart attacks come with overwhelming chest pains and it is usually obvious. I have seen patients with attacks. Their expressions are interesting… they think they are about to die. Arrests are different. The patient kinda like 'gives up' especially PEAs
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2023
lifenajeje:

What u heard are rumours ..

People die naturally with no ailment as proven by autopsies.
Autopsies usually reveal CoD, both primary and secondary
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by farem: 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2023
jaephoenix:

I dont know about the rest of the story, but the highlighted is a BIG, BLOATED BAG OF LIES
1. No doctor would confirm a patient dead by any hiss or sign. None of them indicate respiratory or cardiac arrests
2. We institute CPR irrespective of how a patient dies, unless there is a DNR, and its usually attached to the patient.
3. No doc would tell you that a patient's death is strange simply cos the patient has never been sick. Why? Cos we know someone can be sick and there is no symptomatic expressions. For example, hypertension. Also someone can develop a cardiac (or other) arrests from anything. The person simply slumps and if there is no CPR instituted within 10 mins, the person is gone.
Make una dey take am suffry suffry for the lie nah undecided

Why the exasperation?
Were you there when he died?
Did you know what the doctor use to confirm his death?
So,in your delusion grandeur, if doctor is (has been) informed when a person dies, doctors, having applied latest medical aid,, corroborate the length of time (for how long) someone has died?
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by triplechoice(m): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2023
jaephoenix:

Cardiac arrest, not heart attack. Heart attacks come with overwhelming chest pains and it is usually obvious. I have seen patients with attacks. Their expressions are interesting… they think they are about to die. Arrests are different. The patient kinda like 'gives up' especially PEAs

Oh! you confirmed he died of cardiac arrest and not heart attack ?
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 8:57am On Dec 09, 2023
triplechoice:

Oh! you confirmed he died of cardiac arrest and not heart attack ?
From The history, it looked like an arrest, and not attack. The latter isn't usually fatal but the former is
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2023
farem:

Why the exasperation?
Were you there when he died?
Did you know what the doctor use to confirm his death?
So,in your delusion grandeur, if doctor is (has been) informed when a person dies, doctors, having applied latest medical aid,, corroborate the length of time (for how long) someone has died?
1. My exasperation is the lies.
2. I dont need to be there to have an idea of the CoD, both primary and secondary. My medical training isn't a waste.
3. Yes, a physician can estimate the time of clinical death from several signs

1 Like

Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by triplechoice(m): 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

From The history, it looked like an arrest, and not attack. The latter isn't usually fatal but the former is

From which history ?

I'm afraid you are addressing something that has nothing to do with me

I did not confirm anything about what caused his death

I only reported what I got on the grapevine ,meaning, it was mere rumor and not fact.

So I don't understand why you continue to drag this as if I reported something factual .
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 1:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
triplechoice:

From which history ?

I'm afraid you are addressing something that has nothing to do with me

I did not confirm anything about what caused his death

I only reported what I got on the grapevine ,meaning, it was mere rumor and not fact.

So I don't understand why you continue to drag this as if I reported something factual .
History means the story surrounding his death. It was said he sat down and simply slumped. That's a classic arrest
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by triplechoice(m): 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
jaephoenix:

History means the story surrounding his death.
It was said he sat down and simply slumped.

That's a classic arrest

You have based your diagnosis on mere rumors . If that you mentioned never happened ,how would you know?

But assuming it were true , how did you confirm he didn't die from that given the fact that in some few cases it could be fatal ?

One can only begin to listen to you if you were his personal physician or can provide evidence of what
actually caused his death .
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 12:06am On Dec 13, 2023
triplechoice:

You have based your diagnosis on mere rumors . If that you mentioned never happened ,how would you know?

But assuming it were true , how did you confirm he didn't die from that given the fact that in some few cases it could be fatal ?

One can only begin to listen to you if you were his personal physician or can provide evidence of what
actually caused his death .

I'm not his personal physician, but I'm a physician myself. I was not there when the man died, I based my provisional diagnosis based on media reports about his death which may be biased. So from those reports, the only diagnosis I came come up with is an arrest. I may be wrong based on incorrect premise. The only way to know 100% about his CoD was an autopsy, not even what his personal physician says

1 Like

Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by Zaheertyler(m): 1:19am On Dec 13, 2023
Them been wan collect the glory for him death
Devil self
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by triplechoice(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

I'm not his personal physician, but I'm a physician myself. I was not there when the man died, I based my provisional diagnosis based on media reports about his death which may be biased. So from those reports, the only diagnosis I came come up with is an arrest. I may be wrong based on incorrect premise. The only way to know 100% about his CoD was an autopsy, not even what his personal physician says

And when the autopsy is done ,the personal physician is prevented from knowing about it ?.

I never said the personal physician must be the one to carry out the autopsy . If one was done ,I believe he or she should be in a better position to know how it went and let the public know if need be.

At the begining you sounded so confident as if you were certain about what actually killed him ,and went on to lecture me the difference between heart attack and cardiac arrest as if I don't know that .

But it has turned out you were just guessing oncerning cause of death since you don't have all the facts of the case .

Why waste my time with all this back and forth about what you are not sure of? I only reported a rumor concerning his death and not fact .

Please rest .
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by petra1(m): 5:45am On Dec 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

How do you know he's finished his work? I thought u guys said you won't rest till the gospel has reached all corners of the earth

Reaching the end of the earth is not one mans job . Everyone will do his part serving his generation .

Acts 13:36
For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Better come back ,you
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2023
petra1:

Reaching the end of the earth is not one mans job . Everyone will do his part serving his generation .

For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Better come back ,you
Brother, you really have time and strength replying entities like that.
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
petra1:

Better come back ,you
Again, answer the question. How did u know he's work is complete
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
triplechoice:

And when the autopsy is done ,the personal physician is prevented from knowing about it ?.

I never said the personal physician must be the one to carry out the autopsy . If one was done ,I believe he or she should be in a better position to know how it went and let the public know if need be.

At the begining you sounded so confident as if you were certain about what actually killed him ,and went on to lecture me the difference between heart attack and cardiac arrest as if I don't know that .

But it has turned out you were just guessing oncerning cause of death since you don't have all the facts of the case .

Why waste my time with all this back and forth about what you are not sure of? I only reported a rumor concerning his death and not fact .

Please rest .
1. Please point where I said his personal physician would conduct his autopsy? His physician isn't a pathologist, so why should he conduct autopsies?
2. I specifically told you his death was carried in the media. I wasnt there. And I based my diagnosis based on the reports. So if a physician isn't around when a patient had an event, he(physician) cannot make a diagnosis? So why do sick people go to hospitals and pay huge amount of money to us to treat them if we cannot muster diagnoses(even though we were miles away when the initial causative event happened)? What do you think we were doing during our trainings? A physician can make a 100% diagnosis just by history given anyone, I dont have to there.
Thank you
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by jaephoenix(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Brother, you really have time and strength replying entities like that.
My dear tranny how are you grin
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:14pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:
My dear tranny how are you grin
My dear tranny how are you?
Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by petra1(m): 4:25am On Dec 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

Again, answer the question. How did u know he's work is complete

He said it himself. The university was his last assignment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snR-lx1_Fx8?si=raVsULiZkO0yxq-6

1 Like

Re: 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died by triplechoice(m): 8:51am On Dec 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Please point where I said his personal physician would conduct his autopsy? His physician isn't a pathologist, so why should he conduct autopsies?
Please show me where I said you said his personal physician must conduct his autopsy.

2. I specifically told you his death was carried in the media. I wasnt there. And I based my diagnosis based on the reports.
What do you want me to do with your diagnosis that's based on unverified or doctored report from the media ?
So if a physician isn't around when a patient had an event, he(physician) cannot make a diagnosis? So why do sick people go to hospitals and pay huge amount of money to us to treat them if we cannot muster diagnoses(even though we were miles away when the initial causative event happened)? What do you think we were doing during our trainings?
Making a diagnosis when you were not "around" when the" event "happened " is not the same as a patient coming to you for physical examination and testing oga dakitor. You want to confuse me because you are desperate to have the last word ?

A physician can make a 100% diagnosis just by history given anyone, I dont have to there.
Thank you.
Not in all cases Mr dakitor. The matter centres on death and the dead don't speak to any doctor .
You cannot determine the actual cause of death of someone and be 100% sure base on unverified report from more than 20 years ago . You need to carry out a medical investigation to be sure in this case .

Im not interested in any medical guesses from you Mr dakitor so rest .

(1) (2) (Reply)

The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan / Bull Baal Worship: Should Christians Withdraw From Future Commonwealth Games? / Godwin Ebuka Ebenezer: Best Graduating Student Of NPA Salutes God Of Chosen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.