Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Anyone Used Turkish E-visa? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Used Turkish E-visa? (540 Views)

Nigeria Removed From List Of Countries Eligible For Turkish E-visa / Turkey Delists Nigeria From E-visa Eligibility / With A Nigerian Passport, You Can Apply For A Turkish E-visa!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Used Turkish E-visa? by Cersei: 12:24am On Mar 17, 2018
I have a valid US visa, found out I can obtain a Turkish e-visa as a supporting document. Because this a work trip (Lagos-Istanbul) which is paid for, I want to use the opportunity to take a trip to New York (cheaper fares) from Istanbul. Then reenter Istanbul and fly back to Lagos.

As a requirement of my e-visa, I have to fly using either one of this flights (Turkish, Atlasglobal, Pegasus).
I can’t find cheaper direct flight R/T on any of this above airlines but airlines like United, KLM are operating together with Turkish airline

For example found a cheap flight with United (JFK-Frankfurt) then change airline to Turkish airline (Frankfurt-Istanbul)
I don’t want any problems with their border

Anyone pls advise on this peculiar situation.
Re: Anyone Used Turkish E-visa? by pansophist(m): 12:47am On Mar 17, 2018
I've been to Istanbul twice with an e-visa before, although, I used Turkish airline.

Retrospecting on both trips, there was no scenario indicating that the carrier was of any relevance in determining my admission to the country. The admitting office only requested for my EU residence permit, my passport and the visa printout which was sent to my email. I am strongly convinced it will be the same for you.

And if your flight from the US back to Istanbul will be booked on Turkish airline website, then the carrier doesn't matter. It is typical for airlines to contract service of each other. Besides, Turkish airline flies directly from JFK to Istanbul, so?

Goodluck.
Re: Anyone Used Turkish E-visa? by Cersei: 2:23am On Mar 17, 2018
pansophist:
I've been to Istanbul twice with an e-visa before, although, I used Turkish airline.

Retrospecting on both trips, there was no scenario indicating that the carrier was of any relevance in determining my admission to the country. The admitting office only requested for my EU residence permit, my passport and the visa printout which was sent to my email. I am strongly convinced it will be the same for you.

And if your flight from the US back to Istanbul will be booked on Turkish airline website, then the carrier doesn't matter. It is typical for airlines to contract service of each other. Besides, Turkish airline flies directly from JFK to Istanbul, so?

Goodluck.

Problem is the direct flight from JFK is expensive compared to the connecting flights available with stopovers to change airplanes. I guess as long as it Turkish airline that is transporting me into Turkey I should have not problems I hope ��

(1) (Reply)

Advice I Want To Relocate To Warri / The Future Of Lagos Tourism Is Makoko Community- Find Out Why! / Help On Canada Visa Issue..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.