Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier (39714 Views)

Davido Sends N1m To DJ Peejaay For Making A Video For Him On His 28th Birthday / Susan: Davido Offers N1M To Who Finds The Ladies Accusing Him Of Impregnating / Davido Offers N1m To Shoki Shitta Who Was Beaten For Disrespecting Wizkid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Hidentity(m): 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2018
remi1444:
boss, I've learnt what my colleagues in class might not be aware of. can you shed little light on this judgement creditor ?
A judgment creditor is one in whose favour a judgment is given (usually monetary judgment). A judgment debtor is the one against whom the judgment was given. I.e A sues B for breach of contract, and in one of his prayers, he seeks that the Court direct B to pay him a sum of #10. Once the Court gives judgment and grants the relief, B becomes a judgment debtor who is indebted to A to the tune of #10. And until that judgment is set aside by the court that gave it on the ground of fraud or misrepresentation, or it is set aside on appeal, A remains a judgment creditor until B, the judgment debtor pays. There are means of enforcing or executing monetary judgments.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by remi1444: 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hidentity:

A judgment creditor is one in whose favour a judgment is given (usually monetary judgment). A judgment debtor is the one against whom the judgment was given. I.e A sues B for breach of contract, and in one of his prayers, he seeks that the Court direct B to pay him a sum of #10. Once the Court gives judgment and grants the relief, B becomes a judgment debtor who is indebted to A to the tune of #10. And until that judgment is set aside by the court that gave it on the ground of fraud or misrepresentation, or it is set aside on appeal, A remains a judgment creditor until B, the judgment debtor pays. There are means of enforcing or executing monetary judgments.
wow.... I won't want to derail this thread, i'll be grateful if you can share your digits here, once i copy it, you'll modify it. i have a lot to learn from you.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by Hidentity(m): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2018
remi1444:
wow.... I won't want to derail this thread, i'll be grateful if you can share your digits here, once i copy it, you'll modify it. i have a lot to learn from you.
We can do that via mail, brother.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by remi1444: 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2018
Hidentity:
We can do that via mail, brother.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by manmidtexy(m): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2018
Is it real that when you make FT, you are paid to your bank account.
Any evidence or proof.

walexGodson:
1st to comment seun pls credit my acct
Good for her,our uniform men should try to control dia anger
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by mirabeldesmond(f): 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2018
remi1444:
He is a animal, i bet he is even the army using O.level(recruit).
u can say that again
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by DavidEsq(m): 12:07am On Mar 18, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
LOL...when did she become an actress?

The soldier who committed the offence would be dealt with internally by the Nigerian Army BUT

She wouldn't get a dime...when fighting an institution, all they would do is waste your time, you would keep going to court

The folks in power would leave and those who would come in would still refuse to pay up.

10 years down the line if you have the patience and resources, you would eventually give up.

Been there...done that
Sori, u patronised a punk ass, bit a lawyer who knows his onions. Wen I got a 55mil judgment against the police in a short space of time, dem see pepper. Na so I use court order freeze their account. See police dey run upandan like cockroach wey see sniper
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by DavidEsq(m): 12:11am On Mar 18, 2018
oyb:
good. but the question now is - how does the victim collect the money?

its a start. and a serious deterrent to the slap happy cowards who are so puffed up in the face of civilians and lily livered in the face of boko haram
By attaching the account of the Nigeria Army and ordering the bank operating the account to pay up. Na so one of m colleagues attach Nigeria navy account. Com see gbese cheesy. . Laf tire for court dat day
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by vineyardfarms: 5:14am On Mar 18, 2018
FortifiedCity:
1 million is too small for that assault. Should have been at least 5m

WILL THE ARMY PAY? DOES THE ARMY OBEY RULES ??

PRAY THEY PAY UP.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by remi1444: 5:57am On Mar 18, 2018
mirabeldesmond:
u can say that again
when a man molests a female, he is not better than a bull in the field.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by kense88: 6:40am On Mar 18, 2018
stanbillion200:

All these our military personnel sef, E be like say them no dey teach them any other thing other than to handle gun and control Armoured car.
I was able to access them closely during my service. Without there weapon and number, dem go dey shop beta beating regularly for civilian hands.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by BlackPantherxXx: 7:19am On Mar 18, 2018
DavidEsq:

Sori, u patronised a punk ass, bit a lawyer who knows his onions. Wen I got a 55mil judgment against the police in a short space of time, dem see pepper. Na so I use court order freeze their account. See police dey run upandan like cockroach wey see sniper

Did you get the 55 million? i sincerely doubt it. Upgrade your story-writing skills tongue tongue tongue
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by DavidEsq(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2018
[quote author=BlackPantherxXx post=65933294]

Did you get the 55 million? i sincerely doubt it. Upgrade your story-writing skills tongue tongue tongue[/quote
Sori bro, I did. It belonged to the client. Wen corner-corner practice is d order of the day, ignorance is king. I've seen lawyers tell me to obtain a prerogative order from an Area court.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by DavidEsq(m): 7:38am On Mar 18, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:

Did you get the 55 million? i sincerely doubt it. Upgrade your story-writing skills tongue tongue tongue

Sori bro, I did. It belonged to the client, subject to certain % accruing to me. Wen corner-corner practice is d order of the day, ignorance is king. I've seen lawyers tell me to obtain a prerogative order from an Area court. That's ur ilk.
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by remi1444: 9:07am On Mar 18, 2018
DavidEsq:

Sori bro, I did. It belonged to the client, subject to certain % accruing to me. Wen corner-corner practice is d order of the day, ignorance is king. I've seen lawyers tell me to obtain a prerogative order from an Area court. That's ur ilk.
What if the NPF lawyer filed application to overrule the decision in a higher court and it sails through will your client get paid?
Re: Court Awards N1m To Ebere Ohakwe Beaten By A Soldier by DavidEsq(m): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2018
remi1444:
What if the NPF lawyer filed application to overrule the decision in a higher court and it sails through will your client get paid?
Well dats not wat happened here. So ur thesis wldnt apply to th scenario in my comment. However, giving an answer to ur poser, the law is very clear that it wld be in exceptional circumstances that a judgment creditor wld be denied the fruits of a judgment, just because there is an appeal against the judgment. That is why the judgment debtor must show special circumstances fo the court to grant a stay of th execution of the judgment. Besides, an appeal is not an automatic stay of execution, except in cases of capital punishments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bosslady Olabisi Olatunbosun: Matthew Ididowo Pasuma's Manager Sexually Harassed / Korede Bello Shares Photos With Security Operatives At Their Base / Tiwa Savage Confirms Being Pregnant (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.