Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,772 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:45 AM

How Your Phone Knows Where You Have Been - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Your Phone Knows Where You Have Been (402 Views)

If You Know This Phone, You Must Be Married. Nobody knows the name / Who Knows Where I Can Get Uk Used Iphone 7 For 60k / Cambridge Analytica : Here's How To Find Out Everything Facebook Knows About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Your Phone Knows Where You Have Been by Hotkrich: 11:11am On Mar 17, 2018
Q. Is it true my phone keeps a map that tracks my whereabouts? Why, and if so, where can I see it?
A. If you have the GPS feature (also know as location services) enabled on your phone and have not changed any default settings, the device may contain a log of the places you have been or frequently visit. Apple and
Google have both described some of the ways they use the information, which is often used for suggesting businesses nearby.
Google’s site says using the data lets you “see local recommendations based on places you have visited with signed-in devices, or see traffic predictions for your daily commute.” Like Google’s Android system and apps, apps on Apple’s iOS system use your location for providing relevant weather reports, map directions... Continue Reading

(1) (Reply)

Help! Nairaland Anti-spam Is Banning Me Mercilessly / Help / Telecom Operators Kick Against NCC’s Data Rollover Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.